UAB Game Week Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 1906
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:28 pm

Glad to hear you're still with us, JD!


Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17996
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:10 pm

JDTulane wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:13 pm
Miss yall!!
Yea! Same here! Good luck on your PhD.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12625
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:57 pm

JDTulane wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:13 pm
Miss yall!!
Welcome back.
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12625
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:58 pm

Rousing succes:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 35b47.html

Jeffery Johnson missed another day of practice.
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 2799
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:47 pm

JDTulane wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:13 pm
Roll wave. Beat UAB! Got an email from a poster seeing of I was alive or not (lolol) and I am! I was at the last game cheering us on in person!

I'm trying to finish my PhD by December so I've been very MIA, but still happy with our progress. We should be 2-0 so I'm alive enough to be irritated.

Roll wave! Cannot wait to be a degreed Tulanian x3 and cannot wait to beat UAB! If Coastal can beat em...

Also wave755 <3 for checkin in!
:thumbup: From a Tulane Juris Doctor to a future Tulane Doctor of Philosophy!
Bicoastalwave
Ripple
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:04 am

How many layers deep can we go. . . This is a UAB thread devoted to what we are saying about them.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-857950.html

They’re pretty shell shocked but also wish desperately they could be in the aac. I guess the grass is always greener. They also have some interesting conspiracy theories about why they’re not in the aac- maybe we should share ours involving entrance to the BIG 12
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8117
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:52 am

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
anEngineer
High Tide
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:27 am

golfnut69 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:52 am
the take from CFN
https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/09 ... me-preview
Tulane defense has given up 17 points in regulation in each of the first 2 games. Why should anyone think UAB will put up twice that many?
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8117
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:35 am

anEngineer wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:27 am
golfnut69 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:52 am
the take from CFN
https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/09 ... me-preview
Tulane defense has given up 17 points in regulation in each of the first 2 games. Why should anyone think UAB will put up twice that many?
I did not write the article, i just posted it.....that said I changed my prediction yesterday to Tulane losing this game 24 - 21 ... I also think McMillian will get significant playing time in the 2nd half and almost pull out a win.... too many Tulane kids thinking they are playing a team "below themselves'...that is bad karma
Last edited by golfnut69 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 2799
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:40 am

anEngineer wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:27 am
golfnut69 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:52 am
the take from CFN
https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/09 ... me-preview
Tulane defense has given up 17 points in regulation in each of the first 2 games. Why should anyone think UAB will put up twice that many?
ESPN compurter for predicted outcome has it 58.7% for Wave 41.3% for UAB.

Lots of stats for this link: http://www.espn.com/college-football/ga ... =401014996
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8117
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:54 am

Wave755 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:40 am
anEngineer wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:27 am
golfnut69 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:52 am
the take from CFN
https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/09 ... me-preview
Tulane defense has given up 17 points in regulation in each of the first 2 games. Why should anyone think UAB will put up twice that many?
ESPN compurter for predicted outcome has it 58.7% for Wave 41.3% for UAB.

Lots of stats for this link: http://www.espn.com/college-football/ga ... =401014996
something that has been said for many years..." stats are for losers "... this time I hope they are wrong
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
swampnik
High Tide
Posts: 392
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 4:28 am
Location: Paris, France et NOLA
Status: Offline

Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:58 pm

winwave wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:34 pm
Yes. Here you go:
Excellent! THANKS Win. :mrgreen:
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12625
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:58 pm

swampnik wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:58 pm
winwave wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:34 pm
Yes. Here you go:
Excellent! THANKS Win. :mrgreen:
Sure. Hope it goes smoothly and the Wave gives us good reason to watch. ROLLWAVEROLL!
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
oliveandblue
High Tide
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:02 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:00 pm

Bicoastalwave wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:04 am
How many layers deep can we go. . . This is a UAB thread devoted to what we are saying about them.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-857950.html

They’re pretty shell shocked but also wish desperately they could be in the aac. I guess the grass is always greener. They also have some interesting conspiracy theories about why they’re not in the aac- maybe we should share ours involving entrance to the BIG 12
There is another thread there where half of our old conference mates just go on a full meltdown over what a Tulane player says to the local media.
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6399
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:44 pm

oliveandblue wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:00 pm

There is another thread there where half of our old conference mates just go on a full meltdown over what a Tulane player says to the local media.
I don't blame them. It was a dumb thing for a player to say and worse for a coach to say it. Who are we to say we're superior to any FBS program? We haven't been out of the bottom 1/3 of FBS football in a long time, and when we do so, it's the outlaying season, not our norm.

It's one thing to think we're superior and believe in yourselves. It's another to put it out there and say it to the media. I bleed green and blue, but I don't like it at all. And anything said to any media is going to get back to your opponent in today's times.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5216
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:21 am

NOLABigSteve wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:11 pm
Chromecast it is! Thanks y'all.
What is chromecast?

So is there some facebook url to get to the game? Dt says it just shows up which I have my doubts. Wish Tulane would make this easier with a tutorial but maybe I missed something.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12625
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:24 am

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:21 am
NOLABigSteve wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:11 pm
Chromecast it is! Thanks y'all.
What is chromecast?

So is there some facebook url to get to the game? Dt says it just shows up which I have my doubts. Wish Tulane would make this easier with a tutorial but maybe I missed something.
I posted the Tulane tutorial above.
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5216
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:58 am

winwave wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:24 am
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:21 am
NOLABigSteve wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:11 pm
Chromecast it is! Thanks y'all.
What is chromecast?

So is there some facebook url to get to the game? Dt says it just shows up which I have my doubts. Wish Tulane would make this easier with a tutorial but maybe I missed something.
I posted the Tulane tutorial above.
I feel shame. Thank you.

Hoping for a big statement road win. Roll Wave.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12625
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:17 am

No problem. Enjoy. Hopefully.
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
User avatar
GreenLantern
Swell
Posts: 1714
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:21 am

This is a big game in the 2018 season. Hugely. Tulane sports has been a swamp. Drain the swamp. No more swamp. The swamp is in Baton Rouge now. Foreign powers like LSU have been cheating us. No more. The previous (Tulane) administration hated winning. They were losers. They lost millions. Lock them up! Not us. We're winners. Tulane is doing so good. We're bringing back winning. We're on fire. Hot fire too. We're building a wall around Louisiana and keeping those 3-stars home. Roll Wave! Make Tulane Great Again!! Start today! Beat UAB!!
glennc
Low Tide
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:03 am
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:46 pm

I registered on Facebook for this crap.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17996
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:12 pm

glennc wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:46 pm
I registered on Facebook for this crap.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Post of the Day!
Now FB knows you follow a loser.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Dave breslin
Surge
Posts: 873
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:51 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:36 pm

Who or what player said something confident about TU football For god sakes we’ve been the bottom of D1 for all of modern football. We need to prove that we’re better on the field not in our own mind. Losing to a program that restarted 2 years ago shows how putrid we are
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2891
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:53 pm

Dave breslin wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:36 pm
Who or what player said something confident about TU football For god sakes we’ve been the bottom of D1 for all of modern football. We need to prove that we’re better on the field not in our own mind. Losing to a program that restarted 2 years ago shows how putrid we are
Banks I believe.
Post Reply