Tulane washes over Nicholls St. 42-17

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

winwave wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 pm Thank god for Dauphine, Mooney and Banks. I do believe teams can better as the season goes on. Hopefully our young guys on D do that. We will play a lot better offenses as the season goes on and they will light up the scoreboard on us if we don't get better. As for the O-line our skill players overcame them. Thanks to the Nicholls fans who helped give the game some atmosphere and put some money in our pockets.
I love Huderson, but when you watch Dauphine run the ball, his speed is another level. I’ve been saying it since game one, Dauphine is a difference maker with his speed. His second td was a pure display of speed.

Most troubling aspect of tonight was the amount of missed tackles during our pass rush. And the second troubling moment was Mr. Ardoin. He had some mind boggling missed blocks where he just let defenders fly by him. Glad for the win and no rain at the game but these things need to get shored up.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dauphine has another gear that very few have. Much fun to watch.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Eaglewave
Swell

Now let’s pick up some more wins and get in a bowl game.
Ball Sumrall!
Wave755
Tsunami

Eaglewave wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:53 am Now let’s pick up some more wins and get in a bowl game.
And, I am happy to report UAB lost to Coastal Carolina today, 47 to 24. :D
Ruski
Swell

https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/sta ... 0161217536
Ruski
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:05 am
Eaglewave wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:53 am Now let’s pick up some more wins and get in a bowl game.
And, I am happy to report UAB lost to Coastal Carolina today, 47 to 24. :D
Yikes, were gonna need them to turn it up in CUSA play!
Jaxwave
Swell

Problem with defense is the lack of quickness/speed on the DL hence no pass rush. Decent QBs can light up a secondary if facing no pass rush
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

Jaxwave wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:03 am Problem with defense is the lack of quickness/speed on the DL hence no pass rush. Decent QBs can light up a secondary if facing no pass rush
+1
I can remember watching the first game that Tanzel played in as a true freshman ( I believe it was @ Tulsa). On every snap, not only was he beating the Tulsa 0-lineman off the ball, but he was playing a solid two-gap technique by reacting laterally as he attacked vertically. It was a special thing to watch, Tanzel was a natural.
We have some promising young d-lineman who have size and strength. I'll look forward to Coach Peoples developing their speed, power & technique for the future.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Corey Dauphine’s 152-yard, three-touchdown performance was a real treat. I’m looking forward to see him carry it more the rest of the season. Too bad he got cramps. He sure made their “Bus” look slow.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:10 pm Thank god for Dauphine, Mooney and Banks. I do believe teams can better as the season goes on. Hopefully our young guys on D do that. We will play a lot better offenses as the season goes on and they will light up the scoreboard on us if we don't get better. As for the O-line our skill players overcame them. Thanks to the Nicholls fans who helped give the game some atmosphere and put some money in our pockets.
Yes. The good crowd made it feel like a legitimate college atmosphere. Tailgate Village was also packed with people. Overall it was a great night of fun. Hope we can build on it.
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

I've only missed one game in the Yulman era (anyone that schedules a Saturday wedding during college footballl season should be ashamed) and I cannot remember a single one where so many folks were wearing the visiting team's colors. From the Westfeldt Terrace, the entire opposite side appeared as a sea of red. Beginning at the southwest corner, continuing through the west side and including the entirety of the northern end zone was a mass of red shirts.

This year I abandoned my season tickets in sec 121 and relocated to Westfeldt because it does not feel like a home game atmosphere when you are surrounded by the visiting team's fans. If I'm to be harassed, I want it to be by the home crowd at a hostile away game and not in my own house. To my suprise and disappointment, I would estimate that as many as 5-10% of the crowd in Westfeldt WERE WEARING RED! One might claim that the median age of ticket-holding Tulane fans in Westfeldt is somewhat advanced. Since old people don't tend to make a lot of crowd noise anyway, when Tulane was running 3rd down conversion attempts, I was dismayed at how loud the Nicholls folks were in our own terrace section. In summary, there is little home team advantage for the Green Guys.

Here's an odd story from halftime: I don't know this to be true, but I assume that the red-clad band members occuping the visitor's section in the northwest corner was indeed the Nicholls band. At halftime, our band took the field first while the Nicholls(?) group assembled on the west sidelines, presumably to prepare to take the field after our band finished their performance. Instead, while our band members were still in formation, the Nicholls band proceeded onto the field, merged with our band members in an alternating green-then-red assembly. The combined group proceeded to perform two numbers (not unimpressively), and the second being the Tulane fight song! I can't fathom what the Nicholls fans must have thought of this. Imagine the Tulane band merging with LSU and playing their fight song in Tiger stadium.

It was a good game and not at all as one-sided as the final score would lead you to believe. On to UAB.
Last edited by GreenLantern on Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pepper
Swell

The University has done so much to run fans away(including me) I'm not sure if we will ever be a major player in Div1 athletics.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Dave breslin
Swell

Remember that we had 15 years of a leadership who thought D1 had gotten out of hand and I truly believed he desired us to go to D-3. A true academic/athletic operation and not a semi pro one. It will take years of winning to get a new fan base. Nicholls has had a recent reason to cheer. We had a growth in our colon for 15 years. Excuse me—that’s Cowan
GreenLantern
Riptide

https://twitter.com/Guersmith/status/10 ... 8872733698
Wave755
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:50 am The University has done so much to run fans away(including me) I'm not sure if we will ever be a major player in Div1 athletics.
All we need to do to be successful is play by the same rules as everyone else and put some money into hiring a good coach.

Eamon Kelly introduced the "Tulane Model," self imposed higher recruiting standards for athletes, Cowen continued the "Tulane Model" and then refused to pay a Div. 1 salary for our coach and his staff; remember, "Scelfo agreed to 350K a year" and RichRod was sent packing? After Scelfo was fired Cowen couldn't find a real coach to take the Tulane job at 1/2 of a Div. 1 coach's salary and as well under the "Tulane Model," so we ended up with a washed up "Buffet Bob" Toledo and then Saints wide receiver coach Curtis Johnson.

Under Michael Fitts and Doug Hertz, the chair of the Tulane Board Committee on Intercollegiate Athletics, we now at last pay a competitive Div. 1 salary for our coach and his staff and play by the same rules as everyone else.

Therefore, there is "A New Hope" for our program. Just the same, it will take a couple more years to fully repair the damage done to our program and fanbase by the "twin carpet baggers of opposition to Div. 1 football" Eamon Kelly and Scott Cowen.
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:47 pm https://twitter.com/Guersmith/status/10 ... 8872733698
I did also hear that Dauphine took responsibility on himself for not being in game shape.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I hope the coaches talk to Corey Dauphine about hydration, and that he's ready to play a full game in Birmingham. I love to see him run wild versus the Blazers.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Even though it was only done a couple of times it was nice to see us throw a swing pass to a RB and a ass over the middle to a TE. Hopefully we'll be seeing more of it.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:24 pm I hope the coaches talk to Corey Dauphine about hydration, and that he's ready to play a full game in Birmingham. I love to see him run wild versus the Blazers.
Yes but I bet a lot of that was due to his long runs. Had those three long TD runs been 5 yard runs he would had been fine.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

360 video
phpBB [video]
Tulane Class of 1981