Tulane washes over Nicholls St. 42-17

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Yawn....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Bigschtick
Riptide

Don't lose this game! Thats all I have to say!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:00 am First time:

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/9 ... urday.aspx
phpBB [video]
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Houma de Wave
Swell

Bigschtick wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:16 am Don't lose this game! Thats all I have to say!
If we play not to lose...we will lose.

I agree with Guerry Smith and hope we’re both right - Georgia and Texas A&M overlooked NSU. Tulane will not overlook NSU.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It all hinges on improved offensive line play as per WF:

https://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/2 ... iver_index
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Are we in Thibodaux?
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
galvezwave
Swell

It’s early but nsu looks better
galvezwave
Swell

My comment worked
galvezwave
Swell

Do our players know the facemask is off limits?
sader24
Tsunami

23 seconds left. Sr QB. Ball on the 40 yd line. playing an FCS team. 2 time-outs left. We sit on the ball. I don’t get that.
RobertM320
Green Wave

sader24 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:29 pm 23 seconds left. Sr QB. Ball on the 40 yd line. playing an FCS team. 2 time-outs left. We sit on the ball. I don’t get that.
Thank you, Mr. Negative. No, they didn't just "sit on the ball". In fact, because Banks tried to make something happen, he fumbled and Nicholls got a gift TD. Happy?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

I love how you want to lump ALL FCS teams into one. Its an "FCS" team. Just like we're not Alabama, Nicholls is not the same as playing Savannah State or Maine. Louisiana has tons of quality football players, and they have quite a few that are FBS quality players.

We're ahead 21-10, in a game where we only had the ball for 10 minutes in the first half.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Why does Dauphine have 2 carries? He has 107 yards on 2 freaking carries!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Dave breslin
Swell

Sade . I agree. Taking a knee is playing not to lose. This isn’t war but it is football. Take ever opportunity to crush your opponent. It’s a mental attitude!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Dave breslin wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:58 pm Sade . I agree. Taking a knee is playing not to lose. This isn’t war but it is football. Take ever opportunity to crush your opponent. It’s a mental attitude!
And you saw us take a knee when?
Dave breslin
Swell

28-10. Onside kick!!!
sader24
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:04 pm
Dave breslin wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:58 pm Sade . I agree. Taking a knee is playing not to lose. This isn’t war but it is football. Take ever opportunity to crush your opponent. It’s a mental attitude!
And you saw us take a knee when?
Fu*k you. I’m negative because I think we can score or take a shot at the End Zone. You’re fuc$ing negative because you want to sit on the goddamn ball. Why u think we lost last week? Sitting on the ball all goddamn game. That’s why we don’t win sh*t. Ridiculous statement. Sitting on the ball for 3 years trying to stay close.
sader24
Tsunami

Here’s negative for you. If we give the f’n ball to Dauphine 7-10x more last week we are 1-0.
Dave breslin
Swell

Taking a knee or running the clock out-same difference. Playing Not to lose
Eaglewave
Swell

I told y’all, we don’t lose to FCS programs. Tell those Colonel fellas to go back to where they came from so we can focus on beating the big boys.
Ball Sumrall!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thank god for Dauphine, Mooney and Banks. I do believe teams can better as the season goes on. Hopefully our young guys on D do that. We will play a lot better offenses as the season goes on and they will light up the scoreboard on us if we don't get better. As for the O-line our skill players overcame them. Thanks to the Nicholls fans who helped give the game some atmosphere and put some money in our pockets.
Houma de Wave
Swell

The numbers of Tulane fans in attendance was not surprisingly good. Had we played Nicholls 5 years ago, they would have had maybe one-fourth of the crowd they brought tonight. But, they’re enjoying winning. Tonight, however, you could see the difference between these 2 teams. Toss aside those awful stupid penalties and the game would have been over earlier. A 25-point victory is what it should have been.