Nicholls St. Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12653
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:31 pm

It's almost been 48 hours since that misery so time to move on.

Perfectionist:

https://www.nola.com/expo/sports/erry-2 ... iver_index

Looking forward to seeing him play in person. Watched him on TV a little when he played in HS. Like some others I hoped we would sign him. I think Willie's first year would have gone better.


High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18018
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:36 pm

In OT 20-20 vs Kansas play by play:
Nicholls wins the toss goes on defense
https://www.oddsshark.com/ncaaf/nicholl ... 018-974223
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 1909
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:40 pm

Kendall Bussey had 25 carries for 120 yards and a TD in regulation.
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6630
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:50 pm

Nicholls just beat Kansas 26-23 in OT
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 1909
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:51 pm

And Nicholls just won in OT on a Chase Fourcade 4-yard run. Wow!
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18018
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:52 pm

Great coach they have over there. Congrats to them. Final 26-23. Beats a P5 even though KU is bad.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1357
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:54 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:52 pm
Great coach they have over there. Congrats to them. Final 26-23. Beats a P5 even though KU is bad.
They’re good. We will have our hands full next week.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18018
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:00 pm

Houma de Wave wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:54 pm
tpstulane wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:52 pm
Great coach they have over there. Congrats to them. Final 26-23. Beats a P5 even though KU is bad.
They’re good. We will have our hands full next week.
Great coach.
Good athletes at skilled positions.
Tulane in a no win situation next week. Win and you’re supposed to. Lose and things get ugly really fast. We better be ready to play because this will be Nicholls St’s Super Bowl.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1357
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:18 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:00 pm
Houma de Wave wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:54 pm
tpstulane wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:52 pm
Great coach they have over there. Congrats to them. Final 26-23. Beats a P5 even though KU is bad.
They’re good. We will have our hands full next week.
Great coach.
Good athletes at skilled positions.
Tulane in a no win situation next week. Win and you’re supposed to. Lose and things get ugly really fast. We better be ready to play because this will be Nicholls St’s Super Bowl.
The win over Kansas was their first ever over an FBS opponent.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8124
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:25 pm

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
GreenLantern
Swell
Posts: 1722
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:37 pm

It's always something.

Image
User avatar
msdos
Swell
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:25 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:45 pm

Tulane has never lost to a 1AA or FCS opponent and Saturday won’t change that. We are better than Kansas.

However if hell does freeze over and Nicholls does win, then Willie Fritz enters the conversation of worst coach ever at Tulane.
Last edited by msdos on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8124
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:04 pm

WF is one hell of a lot better than Kansas, even Dorothy and Todo did not go to the game, that said Nicholls will be a tougher than expected game
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave QB
Swell
Posts: 1644
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:09 am
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:30 pm

We are in for a tough game. They almost beat Georgia last year as well. They will have no fear in seeing us.
User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 1909
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:41 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:04 pm
Todo
Is a list of chores. The dog's name is Toto. That's twice now you've fucked that up.
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
Wave QB
Swell
Posts: 1644
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:09 am
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:45 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:52 pm
Great coach they have over there. Congrats to them. Final 26-23. Beats a P5 even though KU is bad.
I agree.
Wave QB
Swell
Posts: 1644
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:09 am
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:45 pm

ajcalhoun wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:41 pm
golfnut69 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:04 pm
Todo
Is a list of chores. The dog's name is Toto. That's twice now you've f**ked that up.
Lol!!!!!
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8124
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:50 am

Wave QB wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:45 pm
ajcalhoun wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:41 pm
golfnut69 wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:04 pm
Todo
Is a list of chores. The dog's name is Toto. That's twice now you've f**ked that up.
Lol!!!!!
damn...I am good, I've only f#@ked up twice in my life... we had better play much better than Dorothy or we will be toto, with a long list of todo's to do
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18018
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:29 am

Houma de Wave wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:18 pm

The win over Kansas was their first ever over an FBS opponent.
First win over a P5 and 3rd win over a FBS. They beat Rice and Ark St prior years.
Willie Fritz has never beaten a P5.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18018
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:24 am

Chase Fourcade. Turned down Maryland and USM to stay home and play at Nicholls St. He would have fit nicely in our offense.
https://www.nola.com/expo/sports/erry-2 ... llege.html
The bigger-school offers came later -- from UL-Monroe, Arkansas State, Army and Southern Miss. Another offer from Maryland came after a January weekend visit to the school for coaches to size him up.
"Dad, you were right," Chase said after the Maryland head coach shook his hand and looked him up and down twice, from the top of his head to the floor.
Chase had always wanted to go to Power 5 school. But in the end, he elected to stay home instead and honor the commitment he made during the summer before his senior season.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1357
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:52 am

tpstulane wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:29 am
Houma de Wave wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:18 pm

The win over Kansas was their first ever over an FBS opponent.
First win over a P5 and 3rd win over a FBS. They beat Rice and Ark St prior years.
Willie Fritz has never beaten a P5.
They beat Western Michigan in 2013 and Rice in 2007,, so I stand corrected. However, unless prior to 2006, I don’t see where they beat a Division 1-A Ark. State. No biggie. The fact is they were flat out bad until Tim Rebowe came on the scene. Now, they are bringing life and publicity to Thibodaux. We could only hope to get half of the media swooning they’ll get this week.
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6421
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:29 am

msdos wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:45 pm
Tulane has never lost to a 1AA or FCS opponent and Saturday won’t change that. We are better than Kansas.

However if hell does freeze over and Nicholls does win, then Willie Fritz enters the conversation of worst coach ever at Tulane.
That's utter BS.

If Nichols is a top 5 FCS team, they should compete well with a bottom 1/3 FBS team. As I've stated in the past, the past two FCS champions, JMU and North Dakota State would be 10+ point favorites against Tulane at a neutral site. We've never played an FCS team that are as good as those two, and both have wins over better programs than Tulane. Is Nichols to their level? I don't know.

We lost to a team this past week that is more talented and favored to beat us by the 6 points they beat us. I know you can't get past that because you despise everything Dannen and Fritz related. I bet you loved DIckson. Were you his tennis buddy?
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18018
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:47 am

Houma de Wave wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:52 am
tpstulane wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:29 am
Houma de Wave wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:18 pm

The win over Kansas was their first ever over an FBS opponent.
First win over a P5 and 3rd win over a FBS. They beat Rice and Ark St prior years.
Willie Fritz has never beaten a P5.
They beat Western Michigan in 2013 and Rice in 2007,, so I stand corrected. However, unless prior to 2006, I don’t see where they beat a Division 1-A Ark. State. No biggie. The fact is they were flat out bad until Tim Rebowe came on the scene. Now, they are bringing life and publicity to Thibodaux. We could only hope to get half of the media swooning they’ll get this week.
Arkansas State was their first in 2001.
https://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf/2 ... s_fbs.html
The other two Nicholls wins against non-Power 5 FBS schools came against Rice in 2007 and Arkansas State in 2001.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1357
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:03 am

tpstulane wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:47 am
Houma de Wave wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:52 am
tpstulane wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:29 am
Houma de Wave wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:18 pm

The win over Kansas was their first ever over an FBS opponent.
First win over a P5 and 3rd win over a FBS. They beat Rice and Ark St prior years.
Willie Fritz has never beaten a P5.
They beat Western Michigan in 2013 and Rice in 2007,, so I stand corrected. However, unless prior to 2006, I don’t see where they beat a Division 1-A Ark. State. No biggie. The fact is they were flat out bad until Tim Rebowe came on the scene. Now, they are bringing life and publicity to Thibodaux. We could only hope to get half of the media swooning they’ll get this week.
Arkansas State was their first in 2001.
https://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf/2 ... s_fbs.html


You're correct, as usual. ASU went Division I in '92.

Another Nicholls State stat about Coach Tim Rebowe: They were 1-28 in the Southland Conference before he took over.
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6630
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:05 am

"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
Post Reply