memo to Willie

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

please turn on ESPN and note the "Line Splits' of the Texas Tech OL's and the natural running lanes that occur because of these splits.....also it makes the DL have to run further to get to the QB...your 'scrum' theory of OL play is "dead to me'

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: โ†‘Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:17 am please turn on ESPN and note the "Line Splits' of the Texas Tech OL's and the natural running lanes that occur because of these splits.....also it makes the DL have to run further to get to the QB...your 'scrum' theory of OL play is "dead to me'
Great advice, Golf.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: โ†‘Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:35 am
golfnut69 wrote: โ†‘Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:17 am please turn on ESPN and note the "Line Splits' of the Texas Tech OL's and the natural running lanes that occur because of these splits.....also it makes the DL have to run further to get to the QB...your 'scrum' theory of OL play is "dead to me'
Great advice, Golf.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Tech has 125 yards rushing in the 1st half against the vaulted land sharks of Ole Miss
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This was the genius of RR. He knew how to scheme up teams that were at a talent disadvantage. I understand why he took Arizona over us but it was a mistake. He's at his best when he has to use his imagination and scheme around weaknesses. I wish we would have hired him as a consultant or analyst this offseason and let him show them how to scheme around our OL issues.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

We'll be fine, wide splits or not. 1998 was a special time, RR was creative in developing an offense that is still being run in some form by a majority of college & high school teams.
Does Rice have road pavers for o-lineman? Did they go 1-11 last year? They ran and passed the ball at will for the first three quarters against Houston (400 yds).
Mike Bloomgren & staff!
The RPO is in the same life phase as the wishbone & veer were in the late 70's & early 80's. There aren't any more rabbits that you can pull out of the RPO hat.
In the late 70's and early 80's University of Pittsburgh, Miami & Tulane were innovative in applying the Pro offense to the college game. For a very, very brief time, we had a little sunshine on our program. Until we hired a proven loser because it was a "safe hire" because he wouldn't leave which was true - he was fired!
Dave breslin
Swell

Win wave-I donโ€™t think RR would want to have anything to do with us after we so intelligently corn holed him
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dave breslin wrote: โ†‘Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:17 pm Win wave-I donโ€™t think RR would want to have anything to do with us after we so intelligently corn holed him
He didn't for a long time but those fools are gone thank goodness. He still has a good relationship with several players from his time here that are close to the program.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

Too bad for RR that his offensive scheme couldn't be protected by intellectual property rights. There are whole generations of highly paid coaches/ programs who succeeded far beyond their talent level. RR's great grandchildren would be all set for life.