Service sucked

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Show Me
Tsunami

wave97 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:53 am
Jaxwave wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:06 am Doesn’t matter where Tulane plays, product typically sucks. They have lost fans forever with all the losing. Now playing opponents who generate no interest give them no chance to build a new fan base.
+1. Why should anyone care about Wake Forest?
Yes. The only school Tulane fans want to see us play is LSU. And somehow we’ve managed to screw that up.

RobertM320
Green Wave

sader24 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:26 pm There were more than 5,000 there. I felt like it was a 10-12k crowd. I brought 3 ppl. 2 left at halftime because they said the game was boring and it was too hot. Same reason I’ve gotten from most of the ppl I’ve brought. I don’t have the answer to fix that. It was a very boring game and it was hot. Move back to the Dome? Do something different on offense? Who knows. I know I have tried since we opened to get anyone to come to these games and haven’t been able to get a single soul to come back for a second game.
I had an friend that's an LSU fan with me at the game. He's used to sitting outside and he felt the weather was just fine, as did I. You're just looking to complain if you thought it was hot on Thursday night. It was actually pretty comfortable.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
sader24
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:09 am
sader24 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:26 pm There were more than 5,000 there. I felt like it was a 10-12k crowd. I brought 3 ppl. 2 left at halftime because they said the game was boring and it was too hot. Same reason I’ve gotten from most of the ppl I’ve brought. I don’t have the answer to fix that. It was a very boring game and it was hot. Move back to the Dome? Do something different on offense? Who knows. I know I have tried since we opened to get anyone to come to these games and haven’t been able to get a single soul to come back for a second game.
There's a reason we built a Domed Stadium in this city.
Same thing we were saying and have said at just about every September game I’ve brought people to.
sader24
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:25 pm
I had an friend that's an LSU fan with me at the game. He's used to sitting outside and he felt the weather was just fine, as did I. You're just looking to complain if you thought it was hot on Thursday night. It was actually pretty comfortable.
Well I didn’t leave, but it’s been a constant complaint from everyone I have ever brought during September. So you can have your win in the argument, but people constantly leave because of the heat and mugginess. They really leave mostly because they are bored and the atmosphere is not exciting. One of the guys I was with had his shirt soaked in sweat. Maybe he needs to lose weight.
RobertM320
Green Wave

It was humid, yes, but not overly so for an August evening. If he's from here, he knows that it was nothing unusual. But that's different from hot. Ga Tech in 2014 was hot. Army last year was hot. I'll bet that person would have had no problem sitting in Tiger Stadium Thursday night in similar conditions. If not, then the real complaint is the product, not the weather conditions.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
ajcalhoun
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:11 pm Ga Tech in 2014 was hot.
That was the only time in my life where I had to leave my seat while watching a game to go into the shade and cool off. I'm glad I realized it when I did because I was getting dizzy on my way down the steps. I may well have passed out had I remained in my seat.

Yeah, I'm old. (And fat.)
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:28 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:11 pm Ga Tech in 2014 was hot.
That was the only time in my life where I had to leave my seat while watching a game to go into the shade and cool off. I'm glad I realized it when I did because I was getting dizzy on my way down the steps. I may well have passed out had I remained in my seat.

Yeah, I'm old. (And fat.)
I sure wish we had a dome to play in..but then again some schools just do have the $$$$ to build one
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Was the food and service any better for game two than game one?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Dave breslin
Swell

They ran out of bourbon in the 2nd quarter. There’s two reasons to drink. Either we are winning or losing. Those are the two reasons