Service sucked

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12286
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:48 am

Troy you weren't ready for opening night. Go to get food and are second in line. Cashier swipes the customers card a hundred times and line is forming. Finally another worker comes up and after a while figures out that machine isn't working. She shifts people over to another register with a sign that says cash only. Her first customer goes to pay with cash and she says oh no you have to go over to the other side. Numerous workers but not doing much of anything. The burger meat is crap. No cheese to be had. No mayo. Hot waters at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. Only half the lights working on top of the press box so you turn them off. That should have been checked and corrected before the season. Fix it.


Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
sader24
Tsunami
Posts: 5452
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:35 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:36 pm

The draft beer lines tasted soapy. Went to several different vendors and all were soapy. Whoever cleaned them doesn’t know what they are doing. Will call line was 20 deep, sales lines were empty. Why not make all lines dual purpose. The method for getting the students into the game was the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. They were lined up like cattle on intramural field. They probably won’t keep coming after that. The food was horrendous as usual. Pizza atrocious. The Athletic Director has numerous other games on his flatscreens In his suite while the rest of us under the overhang have to watch tape delayed replays of the Tulane game on our tv. As the friends I brought said “that’s a bad look”. He had an LSU game on last year in his suite that many of us would’ve liked to have watched but weren’t allowed. Put fans under the overhang, heat gets trapped and it’s brutally humid under there with no breeze. Offense sucked.
User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 1895
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:25 pm

This may not be the right thread for this but what the heck?

Does anyone know what the actual attendance was last not? Not how many tickets were sold but how many actual butts in seats?

My very unscientific guess would be about 8,000, and if I had to bet money using that number I'd take the under.
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7845
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:03 pm

sader24 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:36 pm
The draft beer lines tasted soapy. Went to several different vendors and all were soapy. Whoever cleaned them doesn’t know what they are doing. Will call line was 20 deep, sales lines were empty. Why not make all lines dual purpose. The method for getting the students into the game was the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. They were lined up like cattle on intramural field. They probably won’t keep coming after that. The food was horrendous as usual. Pizza atrocious. The Athletic Director has numerous other games on his flatscreens In his suite while the rest of us under the overhang have to watch tape delayed replays of the Tulane game on our tv. As the friends I brought said “that’s a bad look”. He had an LSU game on last year in his suite that many of us would’ve liked to have watched but weren’t allowed. Put fans under the overhang, heat gets trapped and it’s brutally humid under there with no breeze. Offense sucked.
wow...sounds almost as bad as Jerry World...home to 60 dollar Pizzas and 45 dollar parking
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12286
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:12 pm

ajcalhoun wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:25 pm
This may not be the right thread for this but what the heck?

Does anyone know what the actual attendance was last not? Not how many tickets were sold but how many actual butts in seats?

My very unscientific guess would be about 8,000, and if I had to bet money using that number I'd take the under.
I
Good thing you took the under. It was around 5k. It will be better next week as Nicholls will bring a good crowd of their own.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
Jaxwave
Surge
Posts: 896
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:46 pm

5,000 fans at an opening game against a P-5 team we have a decent chance to beat. Also, pre-season talk has been positive about chances for a winning season in addition to having a hyped experienced returning starting QB.
Is it just me or is it OK to question the viability of the Tulane football program with that little interest?
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7845
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:12 pm

Jaxwave wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:46 pm
5,000 fans at an opening game against a P-5 team we have a decent chance to beat. Also, pre-season talk has been positive about chances for a winning season in addition to having a hyped experienced returning starting QB.
Is it just me or is it OK to question the viability of the Tulane football program with that little interest?
c'mon....did U forget it is Labor Day WeekEnd...the masses left NOLA for a last vacation in Kenner
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
msdos
Swell
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:25 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:49 pm

God damn it golfnut made me laugh
Bearwave
High Tide
Posts: 252
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:34 am
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:02 am

winwave wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:48 am
Troy you weren't ready for opening night. Go to get food and are second in line. Cashier swipes the customers card a hundred times and line is forming. Finally another worker comes up and after a while figures out that machine isn't working. She shifts people over to another register with a sign that says cash only. Her first customer goes to pay with cash and she says oh no you have to go over to the other side. Numerous workers but not doing much of anything. The burger meat is crap. No cheese to be had. No mayo. Hot waters at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. Only half the lights working on top of the press box so you turn them off. That should have been checked and corrected before the season. Fix it.
Imagine if there was an actual crowd there :lol:
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12286
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:57 am

Bearwave wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:02 am
winwave wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:48 am
Troy you weren't ready for opening night. Go to get food and are second in line. Cashier swipes the customers card a hundred times and line is forming. Finally another worker comes up and after a while figures out that machine isn't working. She shifts people over to another register with a sign that says cash only. Her first customer goes to pay with cash and she says oh no you have to go over to the other side. Numerous workers but not doing much of anything. The burger meat is crap. No cheese to be had. No mayo. Hot waters at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. Only half the lights working on top of the press box so you turn them off. That should have been checked and corrected before the season. Fix it.
Imagine if there was an actual crowd there :lol:
Thanks. I actually meant to add that in my post. :lol:
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17864
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:03 pm

How was this allowed? The LSU fan in the TV booth.
https://twitter.com/cbssportsnet/status ... 89984?s=21
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Dupergreenie
High Tide
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:46 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:49 am

golfnut69 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:12 pm
Jaxwave wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:46 pm
5,000 fans at an opening game against a P-5 team we have a decent chance to beat. Also, pre-season talk has been positive about chances for a winning season in addition to having a hyped experienced returning starting QB.
Is it just me or is it OK to question the viability of the Tulane football program with that little interest?
c'mon....did U forget it is Labor Day WeekEnd...the masses left NOLA for a last vacation in Kenner
I didn't go to the game due to it being a school night. I wonder if that hurt the crowd any.
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1325
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:56 am

Dupergreenie wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:49 am
golfnut69 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:12 pm
Jaxwave wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:46 pm
5,000 fans at an opening game against a P-5 team we have a decent chance to beat. Also, pre-season talk has been positive about chances for a winning season in addition to having a hyped experienced returning starting QB.
Is it just me or is it OK to question the viability of the Tulane football program with that little interest?
c'mon....did U forget it is Labor Day WeekEnd...the masses left NOLA for a last vacation in Kenner
I didn't go to the game due to it being a school night. I wonder if that hurt the crowd any.
We still have to produce something worth going to see. The diehards were there and will be there each week. There are too few of us (diehards). To reach the sellout of a Yulman-opening Ga. Tech-type crowd, we have to have something special to see. This coming week, we are threatened with being outnumbered by Nicholls State fans--not ULL--but, now Nicholls, my alma mater who I never thought I'd see rise to this level. I'll be in my green while some members of my family will be in red and gray. WF better have the guys ready...something tells me he will.
Dupergreenie
High Tide
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:46 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:06 am

Houma de Wave wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:56 am
Dupergreenie wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:49 am
golfnut69 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:12 pm
Jaxwave wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:46 pm
5,000 fans at an opening game against a P-5 team we have a decent chance to beat. Also, pre-season talk has been positive about chances for a winning season in addition to having a hyped experienced returning starting QB.
Is it just me or is it OK to question the viability of the Tulane football program with that little interest?
c'mon....did U forget it is Labor Day WeekEnd...the masses left NOLA for a last vacation in Kenner
I didn't go to the game due to it being a school night. I wonder if that hurt the crowd any.
We still have to produce something worth going to see. The diehards were there and will be there each week. There are too few of us (diehards). To reach the sellout of a Yulman-opening Ga. Tech-type crowd, we have to have something special to see. This coming week, we are threatened with being outnumbered by Nicholls State fans--not ULL--but, now Nicholls, my alma mater who I never thought I'd see rise to this level. I'll be in my green while some members of my family will be in red and gray. WF better have the guys ready...something tells me he will.
I agree with the "product worth seeing".... but I have never missed a game since the stadium opened but had to this time because it was a school night.... how many people didn't go for the same reason...... I think "casual fans" would have gone if it was on Saturday
User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 1895
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:56 am

It was a school night and the Saints were playing in the 'dome at the same time.
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12286
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:16 am

No doubt the crowd would have been better on Saturday. We scheduled it for Thursday before any TV network picked it up. We should have scheduled it for Saturday.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17864
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:16 pm

College Football’s Growing Problem: Empty Seats - The Wall Street Journal

Just published great story;
If you have an iPhone the article is unlocked on Apple News.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/college-fo ... 1535634001
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6244
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:22 pm

ajcalhoun wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:56 am
It was a school night and the Saints were playing in the 'dome at the same time.
Anyone that puts ANY measure of interest into preseason game 4 isn't a college football fan, and is probably too deep into their love affair with their NFL team that they won't be swayed anyway. There's very few players that see the field on the fourth game that will make the team they play for. It's not just the starters that sit out game 4, it's the two deep. And guess what? The NFL is only a 53 man roster, so the first 44 are out and maybe a dozen or two borderline players see the field for preseason game 4. The rest are waiving good by to the NFL.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
greenie78
High Tide
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:08 pm

Unfortunately there were way more fans at the Saints game compared to the Wave.
sader24
Tsunami
Posts: 5452
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:35 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:26 pm

There were more than 5,000 there. I felt like it was a 10-12k crowd. I brought 3 ppl. 2 left at halftime because they said the game was boring and it was too hot. Same reason I’ve gotten from most of the ppl I’ve brought. I don’t have the answer to fix that. It was a very boring game and it was hot. Move back to the Dome? Do something different on offense? Who knows. I know I have tried since we opened to get anyone to come to these games and haven’t been able to get a single soul to come back for a second game.
greenie78
High Tide
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:07 pm

The Dome is still the best option.
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6244
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:11 pm

greenie78 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:07 pm
The Dome is still the best option.
But it's not an option .
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12286
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:09 am

sader24 wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:26 pm
There were more than 5,000 there. I felt like it was a 10-12k crowd. I brought 3 ppl. 2 left at halftime because they said the game was boring and it was too hot. Same reason I’ve gotten from most of the ppl I’ve brought. I don’t have the answer to fix that. It was a very boring game and it was hot. Move back to the Dome? Do something different on offense? Who knows. I know I have tried since we opened to get anyone to come to these games and haven’t been able to get a single soul to come back for a second game.
There's a reason we built a Domed Stadium in this city.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
Jaxwave
Surge
Posts: 896
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:06 am

Doesn’t matter where Tulane plays, product typically sucks. They have lost fans forever with all the losing. Now playing opponents who generate no interest give them no chance to build a new fan base.
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1289
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:53 am

Jaxwave wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:06 am
Doesn’t matter where Tulane plays, product typically sucks. They have lost fans forever with all the losing. Now playing opponents who generate no interest give them no chance to build a new fan base.
+1. Why should anyone care about Wake Forest?
Post Reply