Wake Forest Score Prediction Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
capwave
High Tide

galvezwave wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:26 am The way I look at it, we have a known program builder in his 3rd year with a senior QB on our home field against a Wake Freaking Forest team starting a freshman QB.

We need to win in this spot right here at this time.
This quote says it all!!!

Also, the wave wins 27-17.

GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Tulane - 34

Wf - 20

Banks, Bradwell, and Dauphine will combine for +250 yards on the ground, while Kennedy leads a staunchy d. Roll DAMN Wave! Beat wake!
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:10 pm Tulane - 34

Wf - 20

Banks, Bradwell, and Dauphine will combine for +250 yards on the ground, while Kennedy leads a staunchy d. Roll DAMN Wave! Beat wake!
GPS, you left out our starting RB? Huderson?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Score predictions in this thread only please.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
batonverde
Ripple

38 to 24 Wave!
The freshman didn't win the job, Newman pulled a quad a week and 1/2 ago. This is a true freshman. He had one division 1 offer. Besides that wake runs a read option offense, yall are telling me that a true freshman will read the defense and make the right decision on more than 50% of the plays.? I bet not. He will make mistakes and we'll capitalize on them.
As far as Wake's D, not too much to talk about. Watching a few condensed games I think they lack speed and aren't able to put pressure on the QB in passing with only rushing 4 or 5.
They are disciplined and have good coaches but I believe we have better coaches. They are overrated.
I guarantee you that Hartman will not sleep tonight.
Think back to Coach WF's 1st yr and imagine if we had a 4th yr senior qb to run his offense we would have been bowling. Good qb's make oline look good. Wake had that last yr. Not this year.
Roll Wave!!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:39 pm
DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:29 pm Wake is every bit as good an academic school as ours. And who says their TE started? What if they started most games without a TE? They do run a spread RPO, which unlike Willie Fritz's doesn't necessarily have a TE. What if the TE was a backup that made his way to an NFL training camp as an UFA? Tulane has had a few of those. Remember Fat Rob? There's plenty of second string college guys that have done a lot more than the UFA TE from Wake Forest.

But who cares how many are returning. The O line, considered one of the best in the ACC, comes back intact. I hope our young front 6 or 7 on D don't get trampled. Who knows if the true Frosh QB, #32 QB prospect in the class of 2018, will be comfortable enough to run their spread RPO with plays every 12 seconds as they ran last year. Lets hope we make him uncomfortable and show his inexperience, letting him look back on a Loss in New Orleans as his learning experience.
You talk as if being the #32 QB prospect in the class makes him the next Peyton Manning or something. To put it in perspective, OUR freshman QB Christian Daniels was the #40 QB prospect in the same class, so pretty comparable. He wasn't even able to beat out Dane Ledford for second string QB, and Ledford spent most of last year as a WR because he wasn't as good as the 4 other QBs on the team.. So, lets not get ahead of ourselves and expect this WF QB to play lights out. He WILL have growing pains, and he WILL make mistakes tomorrow night. Lets just hope we capitalize on them.
We will see about that later today. He may or may not look like a deer in the headlights. That's why they line up and play the games.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

Tulane 26
WF 23
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
netshorty
Surge

GretnaGreen wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:37 pm Wake Forest 26

Tulane 19
Winner?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

netshorty wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:39 pm
GretnaGreen wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:37 pm Wake Forest 26

Tulane 19
Winner?
Probably but
I had Wake winning by 6. But 37-31.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981