Wake Forest Score Prediction Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:43 pm
DfromCT wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:38 pm
And your score prediction (title of the thread) is?
A win.
That's some score prediction. "Re: Wake Forest Score Prediction Thread"

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
wave97
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:41 pm
A win.
Jawohl, Burgermeister Meisterburger! I will conform all of my comments to a pointless thread heading.
netshorty
Surge

WF 31, WF 19. Probably tell which is which by the missed extra poinr(s}...
GretnaGreen
Low Tide

Wake Forest 26

Tulane 19
2ndGenWave
High Tide

Tulane 35
Wake Forest 17

Banks goes off, defense ball hawks off young Wake QB, Tulane offense has possession about 45 minutes
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:32 pm
A win.
Jawohl, Burgermeister Meisterburger! I will conform all of my comments to a pointless thread heading.
Schlitzlinger, dumass: Then make your comments in the game thread not the thread specifically asking for a score prediction. Is it that hard to understand?
Wave QB
Swell

Wake 24
Wave 21
Wave QB
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:59 am
wave97 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:32 pm
A win.
Schlitzlinger, dumass: Then make your comments in the game thread not the thread specifically asking for a score prediction. Is it that hard to understand?
+1

Never understood why folks post “just win” or “as long as we win” on score prediction threads.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

OUG wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:55 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:26 pm Tough opener. I wish we’d had Wake later in the schedule. I expect us to improve as the season progresses. I just think Wake is still ahead of us in talent and depth. IMO Our defense is a question mark. We lost a lot of good players that will be hard to replace on that side of the ball.
Hope I’m wrong.
I see Wake winning by 6 (37-31). :oops:
Disagree on wishing we had them later in the schedule. The game is here. They have a freshman QB starting, we have a senior. This is actually the BEST time for us to play them. Is our defense ready with all the turnover? Maybe, maybe not. But I’d rather have have a slightly inexperienced defense than a freshman QB starting on the road who last played at the mid tier of Carolina HS football.

Turnovers decide it. Tulane 31-27.
Yes but Wake returns 10 out 11 starters on offense.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:10 am
tpstulane wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:26 pm Tough opener. I wish we’d had Wake later in the schedule. I expect us to improve as the season progresses. I just think Wake is still ahead of us in talent and depth. IMO Our defense is a question mark. We lost a lot of good players that will be hard to replace on that side of the ball.
Hope I’m wrong.
Disagree on wishing we had them later in the schedule. The game is here. They have a freshman QB starting, we have a senior. This is actually the BEST time for us to play them. Is our defense ready with all the turnover? Maybe, maybe not. But I’d rather have have a slightly inexperienced defense than a freshman QB starting on the road who last played at the mid tier of Carolina HS football.

But they forgot the straw. If we had 10 of our 11 starters on offense back, but the QB was going to be Christian Daniels, would you expect production comparable to the end of last season? Especially in the very first game?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wakes 2017 Schedule and results...gotta admit, the first 4 games were KILLER !!!! way too much credit for scoring 55 points on A&M...

https://wakeforestsports.com/news/2017/ ... edule.aspx

Tulane 24...Wake 21 ..... The Wake D will be on the field way too long on what Neil Diamond calls a 'Hot August Night"....Wake will be surprised by the overall speed of the Tulane D, which creates 3 Turn overs
Last edited by golfnut69 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:10 am
Hope I’m wrong.

Just b/c Willie says something doesn't make it true. They also lost their really good TE who was drafted. Then one of their best receivers just got hurt and won't play against us.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Their board (similar to this one) has many posters saying they have 10 of 11 starters returning on offense, and that their offensive line might be the best they've ever had. Then again, they say we run the triple option because our QB said so in an interview. Their offensive line is what scares me. The QB was "only" rated the #32 QB prospect in the country, according to 247, and could become the third or fourth straight QB Wake Forest has had start for four years if he gets the job done and keeps the job when the other QB returns.

We have a young and lesser experienced D, they have a very experienced offense despite starting a true Freshman at QB in his first ever college game. If he plays like a true frosh, that might make up for our inexperienced D. If he plays like he earned the job and knows what he's doing, they might be able to run their offense at turbo speed, like they did last year (when they ran a play every 11-12 seconds) which could gas us.

Either way, I'm anxious for the game.

ROLL WAVE!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Just b/c their fans say it doesn't make it true. Like I said they lost their starting TE to the NFL draft.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:31 am Just b/c their fans say it doesn't make it true. Like I said they lost their starting TE to the NFL draft.
But if winwave says it, it must be true! :lol: :roll: :lol:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:31 am Just b/c their fans say it doesn't make it true. Like I said they lost their starting TE to the NFL draft.
Not seeing that.
Wake Forest had two players chosen: safety Jessie Bates III, who was a second-round selection by Cincinnati, and defensive end Duke Ejiofor, who was selected in the sixth round by Houston.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
galvezwave
Swell

The way I look at it, we have a known program builder in his 3rd year with a senior QB on our home field against a Wake Freaking Forest team starting a freshman QB.

We need to win in this spot right here at this time.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:02 am
Not seeing that.
Wake Forest had two players chosen: safety Jessie Bates III, who was a second-round selection by Cincinnati, and defensive end Duke Ejiofor, who was selected in the sixth round by Houston.
Not to wade into that debate, but Wake Forest did not have a TE drafted in 2018.
galvezwave wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:26 am The way I look at it, we have a known program builder in his 3rd year with a senior QB on our home field against a Wake Freaking Forest team starting a freshman QB.

We need to win in this spot right here at this time.
I agree 100% in the sense that Fritz should be placed on the hot seat if he loses (to either Wake Forest or UAB), but, in the greater context, it's not as if Wake Forest's coach is not also a program builder, so it would hard to justify selling him short.
wave97
Swell

Wake Forest: 2
Tulane:3
galvezwave
Swell

“Hot seat “ may be a little harsh this early, but yeah, it would call some things into question, like can he get it done here? The media has clouded our perceptions. Wake Forest could not win our league. It should not be some program defining victory. We SHOULD be putting a team on the field that can beat wake . Their will be 3 conference game at least that winning would be a better accomplishment than this one.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

galvezwave wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:56 am “Hot seat “ may be a little harsh this early, but yeah, it would call some things into question, like can he get it done here? The media has clouded our perceptions. Wake Forest could not win our league. It should not be some program defining victory. We SHOULD be putting a team on the field that can beat wake . Their will be 3 conference game at least that winning would be a better accomplishment than this one.
Exactly - if he loses to either Wake Forest or UAB, there is a high probability that he's going to lose quite a few other games on the schedule, and that would mean that Tulane would be looking at another losing season.

Wake Forest is by no means an all world team, but the 2017 team likely would have been #2 or #3 in the AAC West or #3 or #4 in the AAC East. The 2018 team isn't the 2017 team in a lot of ways, but there is real talent on the 2018 team outside of whomever plays QB.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Cam Serigne is the TE they lost though he was not drafted and signed as UFA.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I agree. Many of us here are Tulane alums. Let's use that extensive wealth of knowledge we acquired, or just use second grade math. There's 11 offensive players. If you subtract their QB and their TE that graduated, that becomes 11-2=9. So they CAN'T have returned 10 of 11 on offense. Obviously their math department isn't as advanced as ours.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wake is every bit as good an academic school as ours. And who says their TE started? What if they started most games without a TE? They do run a spread RPO, which unlike Willie Fritz's doesn't necessarily have a TE. What if the TE was a backup that made his way to an NFL training camp as an UFA? Tulane has had a few of those. Remember Fat Rob? There's plenty of second string college guys that have done a lot more than the UFA TE from Wake Forest.

But who cares how many are returning. The O line, considered one of the best in the ACC, comes back intact. I hope our young front 6 or 7 on D don't get trampled. Who knows if the true Frosh QB, #32 QB prospect in the class of 2018, will be comfortable enough to run their spread RPO with plays every 12 seconds as they ran last year. Lets hope we make him uncomfortable and show his inexperience, letting him look back on a Loss in New Orleans as his learning experience.
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:29 pm Wake is every bit as good an academic school as ours. And who says their TE started? What if they started most games without a TE? They do run a spread RPO, which unlike Willie Fritz's doesn't necessarily have a TE. What if the TE was a backup that made his way to an NFL training camp as an UFA? Tulane has had a few of those. Remember Fat Rob? There's plenty of second string college guys that have done a lot more than the UFA TE from Wake Forest.

But who cares how many are returning. The O line, considered one of the best in the ACC, comes back intact. I hope our young front 6 or 7 on D don't get trampled. Who knows if the true Frosh QB, #32 QB prospect in the class of 2018, will be comfortable enough to run their spread RPO with plays every 12 seconds as they ran last year. Lets hope we make him uncomfortable and show his inexperience, letting him look back on a Loss in New Orleans as his learning experience.
You talk as if being the #32 QB prospect in the class makes him the next Peyton Manning or something. To put it in perspective, OUR freshman QB Christian Daniels was the #40 QB prospect in the same class, so pretty comparable. He wasn't even able to beat out Dane Ledford for second string QB, and Ledford spent most of last year as a WR because he wasn't as good as the 4 other QBs on the team.. So, lets not get ahead of ourselves and expect this WF QB to play lights out. He WILL have growing pains, and he WILL make mistakes tomorrow night. Lets just hope we capitalize on them.