No Willie Fritz TV coaches show again

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I guess the Willie Fritz Tulane coaching show is not going to air this year.
https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/8 ... -fall.aspx
WWL's coverage will continue throughout the fall, as the station will feature exclusive 100-yard interviews with Tulane coaches and student-athletes that will air weekly on the station's sports broadcasts.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

No show on this past Sunday night. Quietly disappeared. That’s too bad.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Guerry Smith did confirm they'll be no show this year. Yes it is disappointing. What they are doing is something I think they call 100 yards with Tulane on Monday's. Last week Doak walked goal line to goal line with Banks while interviewing him. It was pretty lame.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jaxwave
Swell

Another sign of the disinterest in Tulane football. If this is Tulane’s choice then it’s chicken doo doo.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:45 am Guerry Smith did confirm they'll be no show this year. Yes it is disappointing. What they are doing is something I think they call 100 yards with Tulane on Monday's. Last week Doak walked goal line to goal line with Banks while interviewing him. It was pretty lame.
Yes. Best Tulane shows were on Sunday mornings. Back in the old days.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

time for Tulane to step up and begin it's own network...or better yet...buy the TV time and then sell advertising...I am sure Sunday mornings are available at a reasonable cost...just ask all of the TV preachers and producers of infomercials
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:41 am
winwave wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:45 am Guerry Smith did confirm they'll be no show this year. Yes it is disappointing. What they are doing is something I think they call 100 yards with Tulane on Monday's. Last week Doak walked goal line to goal line with Banks while interviewing him. It was pretty lame.
Yes. Best Tulane shows were on Sunday mornings. Back in the old days.
Indeed they were.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
cajunfanatico
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:56 am No show on this past Sunday night. Quietly disappeared. That’s too bad.
Not directed at you specifically TPS, or anyone else here for that matter, but man, it sure seems at times that Wave fans are amazingly passive when it comes to this stuff. "Quietly disappeared". I'm guessing there was zero news coming out of the Wave athletic department on this issue.

The coach's show is important and in my humble opinion, you guys need to be beating on Dannen's door. to let him know how unhappy you are about it. Not only can potential recruits watch game highlights, but it gives them valuable insight into how the head coach operates as he explains his philosophy on both sides of the ball. It could make a difference when it's time to sign on the dotted line.

And equally important, while a quality host won't necessarily ask the coach embarrassing questions, he most certainly can direct the conversation in such a manner that the coach is held responsible for both positive and negative gameday performances. And he needs to be held responsible. He needs to explain how he's going to fix the problems.

My experience watching the Cajun fanbase is that they're proactive and let both the AD and the university president know clearly when they're unhappy with the product they're supporting with their contributions and ticket purchases. And it works. Change comes, perhaps not as rapidly as some would wish, but it comes.

Speaking of coaches shows, (I tried to direct link it but couldn't), the Cajun athletic department just released this news:

https://twitter.com/RaginCajunsFB/statu ... aches-Show!
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

cajunfanatico wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:46 am
tpstulane wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:56 am No show on this past Sunday night. Quietly disappeared. That’s too bad.
Not directed at you specifically TPS, or anyone else here for that matter, but man, it sure seems at times that Wave fans are amazingly passive when it comes to this stuff. "Quietly disappeared". I'm guessing there was zero news coming out of the Wave athletic department on this issue.

The coach's show is important and in my humble opinion, you guys need to be beating on Dannen's door. to let him know how unhappy you are about it. Not only can potential recruits watch game highlights, but it gives them valuable insight into how the head coach operates as he explains his philosophy on both sides of the ball. It could make a difference when it's time to sign on the dotted line.

And equally important, while a quality host won't necessarily ask the coach embarrassing questions, he most certainly can direct the conversation in such a manner that the coach is held responsible for both positive and negative gameday performances. And he needs to be held responsible. He needs to explain how he's going to fix the problems.

My experience watching the Cajun fanbase is that they're proactive and let both the AD and the university president know clearly when they're unhappy with the product they're supporting with their contributions and ticket purchases. And it works. Change comes, perhaps not as rapidly as some would wish, but it comes.

Speaking of coaches shows, (I tried to direct link it but couldn't), the Cajun athletic department just released this news:

Many people I talk to are beat down. Don’t have much fight left.
I can only imagine it was probably a money loser for all involved otherwise it would have continued. Perhaps that’s probably why it quietly disappeared. I don’t know. It’s only a guess.
It’s disappointing for sure.
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

The past few years, the show was on WWL on Sunday nights at 11:30 PM, or later (depending on if CBS NFL games ran late) with no opportunity to re-play it on the WWL website or anywhere else. That's almost like not playing it at all. Only retired people could stay up that late and most probably are not usually up that late anyway.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:04 am The past few years, the show was on WWL on Sunday nights at 11:30 PM, or later (depending on if CBS NFL games ran late) with no opportunity to re-play it on the WWL website or anywhere else. That's almost like not playing it at all. Only retired people could stay up that late and most probably are not usually up that late anyway.
Yes. But fans like myself recorded it and watched it the next day. If we won and played well I’d stay up a watch it live. At least we had something. A few Louisiana FCS even have TV coaches shows.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:19 am
anEngineer wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:04 am The past few years, the show was on WWL on Sunday nights at 11:30 PM, or later (depending on if CBS NFL games ran late) with no opportunity to re-play it on the WWL website or anywhere else. That's almost like not playing it at all. Only retired people could stay up that late and most probably are not usually up that late anyway.
Yes. But fans like myself recorded it and watched it the next day. If we won and played well I’d stay up a watch it live. At least we had something. A few Louisiana FCS even have TV coaches shows.
TPS, we really need to dialogue with Dannen on a lot of things - the proposed Wally Pontiff game in 2020 and the lack of a Coach's show just 2 of them.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:19 am
Exactly. DVR has been around a long time. You'd think an engineer would have heard of it.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We won't be getting a show on COX. Our AD stood up to them and told them to go F themselves. recently. :roll:
anEngineer
Riptide

winwave wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:29 pm

We won't be getting a show on COX. Our AD stood up to them and told them to go F themselves. recently. :roll:
If Cox thinks they can make money doing it, they will do it. Unlike you, everyone else doesn't live on childish personal attacks.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:40 pm

If Cox thinks they can make money doing it, they will do it. Unlike you, everyone else doesn't live on childish personal attacks.
You're the king of them.
Show Me
Tsunami

Winwave is 100% correct. Our AD burned that bridge right down to the ground. I’d be surprised if Cox would continue to televise even one Volleyball game in the future.
He’s anti TV and print media. Thinks Tulane fans need to get their info from social media.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Show Me wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:11 pm
Winwave is 100% correct. Our AD burned that bridge right down to the ground. I’d be surprised if Cox would continue to televise even one Volleyball game in the future.
He’s anti TV and print media. Thinks Tulane fans need to get their info from social media.
I didn't see that story. What in the world happened?
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Show Me
Tsunami

Would have been a great “Show” tonight. 8-)
ajcalhoun
Swell

I could be wrong but I've always been under the impression that coach's shows were always paid for by a booster. The station doesn't put up any money; it just sells studio and broadcast time paid for by the advertising booster. It's also used as a mechanism to pay the coach more money.
God Bless Everyone!
Sunamiwave
High Tide

A lady at WWL TV responsed to my online complaint about having no coaches show this year. She said that Tulane "chose" not to have the show. Therefore, it is probably correct to say that Tulane either has to bring the advertisers and show sponsors to cover the production costs or pay for the production costs directly.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Oh well. We finally get worthy and no Sunday night TV coaches show for the 2nd straight year.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:40 am Oh well. We finally get worthy and no Sunday night TV coaches show for the 2nd straight year.
I perfer the radio program...much more interactive...Tulane should link the radio, with video of the show to thier web site.....or better yet, buy the air time on some TV station and re-broadcast...this ain't rocket engineering, with a slide rule....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It is disappointing. I brought it up to a high ranking athletic department employee. They didn't seem to be concerned and claimed the show had bounced around different stations and they couldn't find a partner. The show had been on WWL-TV since CJ was here.
greenie78
Riptide

I don't think CWF wants to make it awkward towards the end of the year when numerous rumors start about different schools when he takes the team to an undefeated season.