Justin McMillan

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

He’s a Greenie. He’s a graduate student eligible immediately and has 2 years of eligibility. He'd be a solid backup and potential starter soon.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Ruski
Swell

And a lefty! Good work WF! Lack of a backup QB was the biggest pitfall I saw for this years team. I feel confident in 7 wins!!
nawlinspete
Riptide

Good news. Hope it does not sour our other QB's waiting their chances to play.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:08 am And a lefty! Good work WF! Lack of a backup QB was the biggest pitfall I saw for this years team. I feel confident in 7 wins!!
I may have to change my FB win prediction. Should Banks struggle he would definitely be an upgrade to the QB depth position.
Tulane Class of 1981
Ruski
Swell

Not as exciting as picking a hat on national TV, but here is the clip from 104.5 in BR where he announces his transfer:

http://1045espn.com/mcmillan-8-24/
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This is good news. It was the one thing we didn't address this offseason. He's a huge upgrade over the two we currently have as back-uos. It would have been nice to get him in sooner but he's been at the highest level of college football for the last three and a half years. He's smart and he'll be up to speed sooner than later. We still need Banks to stay healthy to have a really good season but if he does go down we would still have a chance to win games. Currently if Banks went down today we'd be looking at maybe one or two wins.

Welcome aboard Justin. ROLLWAVEROLL!!!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
localvb
High Tide

Do I get extra credit for saying this yesterday??

Great get!!!
Houma de Wave
Swell

localvb wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:00 pm Do I get extra credit for saying this yesterday??

Great get!!!
WAY TO GO, LOCAL!
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

It's quite refreshing that we are finally getting some depth at QB. I almost feel spoiled that we now have a backup in case Banks goes down and the way Banks runs, we know he's going to get dinged up throughout the season. Things are looking up. Happy Friday and ROLL DAMN WAVE!
Wave755
Tsunami

localvb wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:00 pm Do I get extra credit for saying this yesterday??

Great get!!!

:cheers:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I hope he learns the offense as quickly as he learned how to negotiate a quick diploma from LSU. Remember, folks, he's an LSU alumnus.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
anEngineer
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:00 pm I hope he learns the offense as quickly as he learned how to negotiate a quick diploma from LSU. Remember, folks, he's an LSU alumnus.
If nothing else, this kid had the discipline to stick with his classes and do what he had to do to get his degree... in 3 years. That's not easy no matter what you're taking, especially when you are going to football practice every day. Says a lot about the kid, the way he was raised and the difference between the Texas and Louisiana high school systems. Even the things he said about LSU when he left shows class and maturity.
Bigschtick
Riptide

anEngineer wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:14 pm
DfromCT wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:00 pm I hope he learns the offense as quickly as he learned how to negotiate a quick diploma from LSU. Remember, folks, he's an LSU alumnus.
If nothing else, this kid had the discipline to stick with his classes and do what he had to do to get his degree... in 3 years. That's not easy no matter what you're taking, especially when you are going to football practice every day. Says a lot about the kid, the way he was raised and the difference between the Texas and Louisiana high school systems. Even the things he said about LSU when he left shows class and maturity.

Exactly!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Spot on. Like I said above he's a smart kid and it's clear he has it together.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

His academic mission is to complete two different Masters degree programs in 2 years.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me
Tsunami

McMillian a better pickup than Lindsey Scott. Hoping this is the year we finally learn how to win. Now “show me”.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Agreed.

I will feel a lot better about this when the University and/or the Athletics Department announces he's enrolled.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Official:
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 5349086209
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:59 pm Official:

Nice!
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:03 pm

Nice!
Looking forward to seeing you Thursday1

ROLLWAVEROLL!!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:02 am
tpstulane wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:03 pm

Nice!
Looking forward to seeing you Thursday1

ROLLWAVEROLL!!!
:cheers: :cheers:
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Welcome to the Tulane family Justin! You're time in Baton Rouge may have been good, but you're going to LOVE uptown New Orleans!

ROLL WAVE!
RobertM320
Green Wave

I've got a friend of mine who's a big LSU fan, had season tickets and all. He's going to the TU-WF game with me Thursday night. He just told me that many people who watched spring practice and fall camp and the scrimmages felt that McMillian should have been LSU's starting QB. He outplayed everyone else. Not sure just how accurate this is, but if so, we've got a good one for the next two years.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson