How Many Regular Season Games Will Tulane Win?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.

How many regular season games do you think Tulane will win this year?

12-0
3%
11-1
3%
10-2
3%
9-3
3%
8-4
5%
7-5
33%
6-6
20%
5-7
25%
4-8
3%
3-9
5%
2-10
No votes
1-11
No votes
0-12
No votes

Total votes: 40
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:09 am
DfromCT wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:15 pm I read that Willie Fritz said Jonathan has a chance to play on Sunday and a strong arm. I never read that he said he would be a high draft pick. I might have missed it somewhere but those are two totally different statements from a HC. And I don't buy the first, so I certainly don't agree with the second (statement).

We all thought Banks would be much better in year two, and take another step forward as he did late last year. Instead he seems to have taken a step backwards. And McMillan is not very good, at least not at this time with this amount of exposure to the system he's in. Take away the slant and he's got very little. And you know Navy is going to take away the slant.
McMillan looked a lot better against Navy. 18-29, and I saw a lot of plays that weren't slants. A few quick screens to receivers, and some out patterns as well.
And quite a few throws that made you say "WTF was he thinking"? He is, at best this year an average D1 QB, nothing special. The 2 point conversion would be picked off in 90% of D1 games, including FCS. It was a weak butterfly that we totally lucked out on getting 2 points.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:14 pm
DfromCT wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:15 pm I read that Willie Fritz said Jonathan has a chance to play on Sunday and a strong arm. I never read that he said he would be a high draft pick. I might have missed it somewhere but those are two totally different statements from a HC. And I don't buy the first, so I certainly don't agree with the second (statement).

We all thought Banks would be much better in year two, and take another step forward as he did late last year. Instead he seems to have taken a step backwards. And McMillan is not very good, at least not at this time with this amount of exposure to the system he's in. Take away the slant and he's got very little. And you know Navy is going to take away the slant.
McMillan looked a lot better against Navy. 18-29, and I saw a lot of plays that weren't slants. A few quick screens to receivers, and some out patterns as well.
And quite a few throws that made you say "WTF was he thinking"? He is, at best this year an average D1 QB, nothing special. The 2 point conversion would be picked off in 90% of D1 games, including FCS. It was a weak butterfly that we totally lucked out on getting 2 points.
No one said he's the next coming of Patrick Mahomes, but the bottom line is, he's 4-1 as a starter. And that's what matters.

As for the 2pt conversion, if Alabama played in the NFL they wouldn't win a game. Its totally irrelevant. What matters is, he did complete it and we won.

You guys can go be angry and debate over how good we should be, or are, or aren't. I'll enjoy watching Tulane participate in a bowl game, and worry about the future when next season gets here. Because I can't change it one way or the other.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Profoundwizard
Swell

You must not watch much football. On That throwback play, the ball is always thrown like that. He’s expected to be wide ass open
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:04 pm

No one said he's the next coming of Patrick Mahomes, but the bottom line is, he's 4-1 as a starter. And that's what matters.

As for the 2pt conversion, if Alabama played in the NFL they wouldn't win a game. Its totally irrelevant. What matters is, he did complete it and we won.

You guys can go be angry and debate over how good we should be, or are, or aren't. I'll enjoy watching Tulane participate in a bowl game, and worry about the future when next season gets here. Because I can't change it one way or the other.
If he was the only change made he would deserve the credit for us going 4-1. The facts are that he became the starter when we started playing the weaker part of our schedule. We played one decent team that was in a downward spiral and missing multiple players on both sides of the ball yet we got embarrassed. He threw for less than 50% completion % until he faced a terrible Navy defense. He did show some good elusiveness and awareness. He ran better than we were led to believe. The other significant changes made at that point started at tackle. Fisher got hurt in camp and played hurt till they finally sat him for three weeks. He came back at that point healthy and played very well. Claybrook got inserted at RT and WF had to admit sometimes the answer is right in front of you but you don't see it. He was a significant upgrade. We started playing Dauphine instead of Huderson.

We'll all enjoy the Bowl experience. No one's angry. Just having an honest discussion.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:32 pm You must not watch much football. On That throwback play, the ball is always thrown like that. He’s expected to be wide ass open
I watch a LOT of football, probably more than you. I DVR a whole bunch of games both NFL and College. The ball was in the air long enough that Jones was no longer "wide ass open", and again I think it would have been picked off in 90% of D1 games, FCS included. It wasn't, we won, we're going to a meaningless bowl game with a pedestrian 6-6 record. I certainly hope everyone demands more from the program than 6-6. And that doesn't mean I won't be watching and enjoying the extra game. I just expected the team to be better in year 3 than it was.
anEngineer
Riptide

First, the complaint was that we couldn't win more than 2-3 games a year and were getting blown out regularly. We win 4 games in year 1, and 5 games in year 2. Then the complaint was that we couldn't do what it takes to get to a bowl game and we still occasionally get blown out by better conference teams. We win 6 games, get bowl eligible and lose mostly close games where one series decided the game. Now the complaint is that 6-6 is "pedestrian" and the bowl is "meaningless".

Anyone see a pattern here?
RobertM320
Green Wave

anEngineer wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:39 am First, the complaint was that we couldn't win more than 2-3 games a year and were getting blown out regularly. We win 4 games in year 1, and 5 games in year 2. Then the complaint was that we couldn't do what it takes to get to a bowl game and we still occasionally get blown out by better conference teams. We win 6 games, get bowl eligible and lose mostly close games where one series decided the game. Now the complaint is that 6-6 is "pedestrian" and the bowl is "meaningless".

Yes. I think they call it "moving the goalposts".
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
nawlinspete
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:51 am
anEngineer wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:39 am First, the complaint was that we couldn't win more than 2-3 games a year and were getting blown out regularly. We win 4 games in year 1, and 5 games in year 2. Then the complaint was that we couldn't do what it takes to get to a bowl game and we still occasionally get blown out by better conference teams. We win 6 games, get bowl eligible and lose mostly close games where one series decided the game. Now the complaint is that 6-6 is "pedestrian" and the bowl is "meaningless".

Yes. I think they call it "moving the goalposts".

D from CT needs to move on to the Huskies and end his charade .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Wave QB
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:15 pm Dear anonymous forum member who predicted a 12-0 season,

Please identify yourself so that we can all buy you drinks at season's end. But then, perhaps you've been drinking already.

A very late LOL!!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

DfromCT predicted 7 wins. See a pattern here?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

when the poll was taken, I do not think McMillian was enrolled at Tulane
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !