How Many Regular Season Games Will Tulane Win?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.

How many regular season games do you think Tulane will win this year?

12-0
3%
11-1
3%
10-2
3%
9-3
3%
8-4
5%
7-5
33%
6-6
20%
5-7
25%
4-8
3%
3-9
5%
2-10
No votes
1-11
No votes
0-12
No votes

Total votes: 40
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

swampnik wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:57 am I chose 7-5 cause I feel postive for Wf and team this year.The first THREE games will be key though: win against Wake and we could easily go 8-4; lose to Wake and win at UAB should have us around 6-6 and bowling at year's end.
Can only wish the best for Tanner and I think the Jags will give him some minutes in last pre-season game to prove himself.
The first team doesn't play in the last pre-season game, and usually the second team is off the field half way through the first quarter. I would hope Tanner sees close to a full half of playing time, as he's fighting for a spot on the practice squad.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Graff and Gus both predicted 7-5. They were on TV last night with Ed Daniels. Graff feels the WF and Cincy are swing games. Gus has UAB and Tulsa as his swing games.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:20 pm Jeff Duncan's take
https://www.nola.com/expo/sports/erry-2 ... iver_index
Gosh, how can you take someone seriously that says our coach has three ears?
Ruski
Swell

Basically saying 80% of our games are tossups, not making any bold predictions.....even Nicholls he has a 1 score game!

Not saying he's wrong. Just not very interesting to say we'll definitely lose to Memphis and Ohio State and beat ECU, who knows what happens in the other nine.
Ruski
Swell

Getting excited for Game#1 has me all over the net. Found some nice preview articles from an SMU blogger, it's from July but I'm not sure if it's already been posted.

Sad that our opponents media almost do a better job of covering us than we do!

Overview:
https://247sports.com/college/southern- ... 119835811/

Offense:
https://247sports.com/college/southern- ... 119911163/

Defense:
https://247sports.com/college/southern- ... 119940864/
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:27 am
Basically saying 80% of our games are tossups, not making any bold predictions.....even Nicholls he has a 1 score game!

Not saying he's wrong. Just not very interesting to say we'll definitely lose to Memphis and Ohio State and beat ECU, who knows what happens in the other nine.
If we;re at where we all think we are as a program, NSU game is a 4 touchdown win, not a one score game. THey're a good FCS team, but not a top 5 one. The very best FCS teams would give us hell, and as I've said, last year and years prior would be 10+ point favorites against Tulane. But we're better and should put a beat down on Nicholls State,
anEngineer
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:18 am
Ruski wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:27 am

If we;re at where we all think we are as a program, NSU game is a 4 touchdown win, not a one score game. THey're a good FCS team, but not a top 5 one. The very best FCS teams would give us hell, and as I've said, last year and years prior would be 10+ point favorites against Tulane. But we're better and should put a beat down on Nicholls State,
To me, the Nicholls game smells a lot like Grambling last year. For weeks, we read about how good they were and what a challenge it would be to beat them. In the end, we overpowered them and beat them by 4 TDs. The exciting thing about college football is that you really have no idea what you have until the season starts.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I say we beat Wake to start the season and get a good buzz going with a well balanced offensive attack that has HS QB's giving us their attention. Luckily we have two extra days to move on to the Nicholls game. Nicholls will be plucky and fired up but the Wave takes care of business. We follow with a win at UAB to start 3-0. Meyer the Liar returns and OSU is not even thinking about the Wave who gives it their best for 4 quarters but comes up on the short side of the scoreboard. Tulane finishes the first third of the season 3-1.

With a short turnaround the Wave loses to Memphis. Tulane gets rolling again with wins over Cincy, SMU and Tulsa. The second third of the season is also 3-1 leaving us at 6-2.

USF breaks our winning streak. we beat ECU and then lose to Houston. We finish with a win at home against the Naval Academy to go 8-4 and 5-3 in the AAC.

Obviously this is said with some shade of green on my glasses as I think we need 8 wins for us to get some real notice locally. What we could really use is a Fritz break through season and win 10 and be in contention for the league title till late in the year. Those other two wins could be from any of the three AAC games I pegged as losses. There is no unbeatable team on our conference schedule this year. That's one thing in our favor. The other as far as getting attention and more butts in seats is if LSU has as down year as some predict and with less than stellar QB play.

I'm really excited about this season and Thursday night can't get here quick enough. It will be hard concentrating on anything else this week.

ROLLWAVEROLL!!!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

So winwave is on record predicting 8-4. If we have 5 wins in conference in November and still playig, we ARE competing for a division title and shot at the conference championship game. That would be a huge accomplishment, and set the stage for competing for the division and conference championships for years to come.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:04 pm I'm really excited about this season and Thursday night can't get here quick enough. It will be hard concentrating on anything else this week.

ROLLWAVEROLL!!!
+1

It is very difficult to concentrate on work this week,

Roll Wave!
GreenLantern
Riptide

Well, football season got here quickly. Of the forum voters, 78% think we will win 5-7 games. Only 6% think we will win fewer than five games. Over 70% of us believe we will be playing in a bowl game this year. One 'jaded', anonymous soul wearing green glasses thinks we will be undefeated (which is tantamount to saying that we will be in the season-ending playoffs for the national championship).

Starting tonight, we will no longer have to predict and imagine. It will be a fun ride.

Roll Wave!
dpm wave
Swell

dpm wave wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:09 pm Wins: Nicholls, UAB, Cincy, SMU, Tulsa, Navy (last second game winning FG from 32 yds out that bounces off the left upright).
I still feel pretty good about a 6 win season. If Tulane loses to Cincy then I would look to USF as a win.

I re-watched the game yesterday and feel like the team actually played much better in a season opener that I've seen them play in a few years.
Sure there were stupid penalties and questionable play calls but as a whole I thought the team fought throughout.

I would say the biggest deficiency is pass catchers. Relying on Encalade and Mooney will not be possible all year. I think Banks goes to these two so much because the other guys are dropping too many passes. And, to the claim that the 2 TD's were on "broken plays," I disagree. They were "extended plays" and most anyone with basic football knowledge is aware of the difference.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Clearly you don't. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:19 pm I think after a slow start, we scratch and claw our way to 7 wins.

Nicholls, Cincinnati, SMU, Tulsa, ECU (why do tickets start at $50 for this game?) Houston and Navy. A hot Green Wave squad beats golfnut's Texas Tech squad in the Armed Forces Bowl.

Tanner Lee spends the season on a practice squad, but not with the Jaquars.

Y'all can mock this in late November/December! But anyone that doesn't post their predictions has no leg to stand on.

ROLL WAVE!
Fun to come back and look at our pre=season predictions. I had us at 1-4 through this point and getting 7 wins. Many, if not most, thought we would beat Wake Forest and UAB. I didn't predict in the pre-season that we'd beat Memphis, though I did in the prediction thread last week. If we can finally put together a decent road effort this week against a quality team, we could get on a ROLL and contend for the division title. EVERY goal the team had pre-season is still in front of this team. The Wave needs to take a step forward this week in front of a hostile Homecoming crowd in Cincinnati.

ROLL WAVE!
GreenLantern
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:58 pm 5-7 ....Nicholls, Tulsa, SMU, Cincy, ECU....with less than 6 point loses to USF, Houston, Navy and UAB
I believe golfnut has the only perfect record so far. His early season pick was Tulane over Cincinnati followed by a win over SMUgh. If his trend continues we will be 4-3 and on our way to a bowl in less than three weeks.. More recently, he predicts Cincy over Tulane by 162-10, but I like his earlier prediction mo' bettah when he was sober.
Last edited by GreenLantern on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:11 am
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:58 pm 5-7 ....Nicholls, Tulsa, SMU, Cincy, ECU....with less than 6 point loses to USF, Houston, Navy and UAB
I believe golfnut has the only perfect record so far. His early season pick was Tulane over Cincinnati followed by a win over SMUgh. If his trend continues we will be 4-3 and on our way to a bowl. More recently, he predicts Cincy over Tulane by 162-10, but I think it was the drink. I like his earlier prediction mo' bettah.
We beat Memphis.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I believe golfnut has the only perfect record so far. His early season pick was Tulane over Cincinnati followed by a win over SMUgh. If his trend continues we will be 4-3 and on our way to a bowl in less than three weeks.. More recently, he predicts Cincy over Tulane by 162-10, but I think it was the drink. I like his earlier prediction mo' bettah.
He's not perfect, he didn't predict a W versus Memphis.
GreenLantern
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:14 am
I believe golfnut has the only perfect record so far. His early season pick was Tulane over Cincinnati followed by a win over SMUgh. If his trend continues we will be 4-3 and on our way to a bowl. More recently, he predicts Cincy over Tulane by 162-10, but I think it was the drink. I like his earlier prediction mo' bettah.
We beat Memphis.
Ooops... oh well, if golfnut missed it, there's no hope for any of us.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

My vote was 5-7 before the season started. We played well vs. Memphis, but I'm thinking I'm holding at 5 wins. Hope I'm proven wrong.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I believe golfnut has the only perfect record so far. His early season pick was Tulane over Cincinnati followed by a win over SMUgh. If his trend continues we will be 4-3 and on our way to a bowl in less than three weeks.. More recently, he predicts Cincy over Tulane by 162-10, but I like his earlier prediction mo' bettah when he was sober.
I use my score predictions as motivation...for whom I have zero idea...and still sober and takin' youngin's lunch money at the Golf Course...I can't play against people my own age, they are on Social Security and have zero dollars to lose !!!!...I get my bottle of 'Geritol' out and spike it with a little "vodka"...( actually cranberry juice and water, but the bottles are real ) and they start feelin' good about themselves, tell me to play from the "old man tees" and I take their money...almost as easy as being a paid protester !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Tulane needs to defeat a team that beaten someone in order to start receiving the benefit of the doubt. Even though Cincinnati hasn't defeated any world beaters, beating them would be significant since they are 1 win versus Tulane away from likely being in the top 25 given how strong they have looked so far (other than the Ohio game, but, even in that game, they managed to come back and win).
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I had us 2-3 at this point. But had us winning at UAB and losing to Memphis.
Have us losing at Cincy. Yes it’s a winnable game like all but Ohio St. Should be interesting.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Had us 3-5 at this point. Had us beating SMU but losing to Tulsa. Also flipped on UAB and Memphis. Have us beating ECU and NAVY and losing to USF and UH to go 5-7.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:29 pm Had us 3-5 at this point. Had us beating SMU but losing to Tulsa. Also flipped on UAB and Memphis. Have us beating ECU and NAVY and losing to USF and UH to go 5-7.
I could see that. Beating Navy may be a problem though.