Fall Camp 2018

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:58 am Football consumes us:

https://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/2 ... iver_index
STOP THE PRESSES'........ A 2nd TP article in less than a week ?!?!?...The Madness of it all !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I do wish Troy put out a rebuttable press conference, I loved his fear the wave interview but that reaches less then 1% of people in Louisiana. Even reading the comments in the above linked article ( I know I shouldn’t) shows the LSU narrative is the only account of events locals have heard
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:11 pm I do wish Troy put out a rebuttable press conference, I loved his fear the wave interview but that reaches less then 1% of people in Louisiana. Even reading the comments in the above linked article ( I know I shouldn’t) shows the LSU narrative is the only account of events locals have heard
Let's keep this thread to football only please.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:11 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:11 pm I do wish Troy put out a rebuttable press conference, I loved his fear the wave interview but that reaches less then 1% of people in Louisiana. Even reading the comments in the above linked article ( I know I shouldn’t) shows the LSU narrative is the only account of events locals have heard
Fall camp opens Tuesday. The article posted, and more importantly the comments to that article take it to baseball. Suck it up. The posters above are right, 99% of those that care about baseball and the LSU rivalry with Tulane in that sport DID NOT SEE the Fear the Wave interview. Dannen is not ON RECORD with the reasons the series has ended. We should keep the mantra "they didn't like losing 5 of the last 6."

Although camp doesn't open until Tuesday, does anyone know if the full roster (including incoming Frosh that didn't come in January) have been on campus all summer? Have their been captains practices and other allowed team activities? Or is most of the team getting to campus this week?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:48 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:11 pm
Fall camp opens Tuesday. The article posted, and more importantly the comments to that article take it to baseball. Suck it up. The posters above are right, 99% of those that care about baseball and the LSU rivalry with Tulane in that sport DID NOT SEE the Fear the Wave interview. Dannen is not ON RECORD with the reasons the series has ended. We should keep the mantra "they didn't like losing 5 of the last 6."

Although camp doesn't open until Tuesday, does anyone know if the full roster (including incoming Frosh that didn't come in January) have been on campus all summer? Have their been captains practices and other allowed team activities? Or is most of the team getting to campus this week?
\

The thread is clearly titled. The headline of the article is about football . If you want to make it about baseball take it to the other thread.

Of course the team has been on campus this summer. They are doing all things allowed by the NCAA which now does allow classroom contact with the coaches.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom
Swell

I expect big things from CJ and Tanner Lee :). Seriously, I cannot wait till Football season starts. Think we will be pretty good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:48 am I expect big things from CJ and Tanner Lee :). Seriously, I cannot wait till Football season starts. Think we will be pretty good.
Thanks for the reminder I need to post something to his thread. :mrgreen:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I know we’re all craving and loving the coverage that’s ramping up as August 30th approaches. I stumbled upon these media interviews with Freddy Canteen & Noah Fisher today that were held after practice today.

https://youtu.be/OyYycOjge64

https://youtu.be/Qs4gaJburuw
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

No discussion on the HC of Ohio State University?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:24 pm No discussion on the HC of Ohio State University?
Give that its own thread.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Healthy and Happy:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 1034c.html

They are trying to get him a second year of eligibility here. IF he's healthy, and that's a big IF, he likely won't need it as he'll be headed to the draft. He can be our best WR. Hope it finally works out for him.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:34 pm Healthy and Happy:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 1034c.html

They are trying to get him a second year of eligibility here. IF he's healthy, and that's a big IF, he likely won't need it as he'll be headed to the draft. He can be our best WR. Hope it finally works out for him.
Thanks for that post.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ch 6 interview with WF https://twitter.com/fletcherwdsu/status ... 9671335938
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Making $1.5 million:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 4ba5e.html

Hopefully we'll break the record set by Troy against LSwho.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

from the NOLA Advocate ( the one that has Tulane in the "drop box"

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... a7753.html
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:18 pm Imposing presence:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 17acd.html

A few things of note I got from this article:

1. 105 scholarship players this year as compared to 87 in 2016.

2. Keon Howard, the QB transfer from USM, will be available to run the scout team in practice, which WF says will help because you're facing someone more like what you would see in a game.

3. Second-team linebacker KJ Vault joined quarterback Dane Ledford in getting approved for medical redshirts after playing in three games last season and is classified as a redshirt freshman rather than a sophomore.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:57 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:18 pm Imposing presence:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 17acd.html

A few things of note I got from this article:

1. 105 scholarship players this year as compared to 87 in 2016.

2. Keon Howard, the QB transfer from USM, will be available to run the scout team in practice, which WF says will help because you're facing someone more like what you would see in a game.

3. Second-team linebacker KJ Vault joined quarterback Dane Ledford in getting approved for medical redshirts after playing in three games last season and is classified as a redshirt freshman rather than a sophomore.
It must be 85 (that's the NCAA limit) on scholarship and 20 walk-ons. It may even be one or two less than 85. but you cannot have more than 85 on schollie. Having walk-ons has been an issue with this regime mostly due to the ridiculous cost of Tulane. Glad to see they're finding a way.

Has anyone that's been to practice noticed Cam Carrol? Fritz seems very pleased with him. Is he our next Matt Forte or Mewelde Moore? A bruiser that runs a 4.4 at 230 lbs could be getting the ball early and often, despite a ton of talent at the RB position. Really interested in hearing from those of you that have been to practices.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

There was a nice two minute or so piece on Tulane football on The Final Play on the local Fox station, ch. 1009. No real new information for us die-hards but a nice piece for our casual fans. I recommend DVRing that show on Sunday nights and Fourth Down on Four.