Poll: Should we play LSU in Wally Pontif Classic

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.

Should we play LSU at the Wally Pontif Classic?

Yes
7%
No
93%

Total votes: 27
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

Testing this out....see if this works. Vote away!

NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Please vote on Twitter as well:
https://twitter.com/goTULANEt/status/10 ... 4236118017
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

and I hate like hell that the playground I grew up at is now named for Pontiff
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ajcalhoun
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:59 am and I hate like hell that the playground I grew up at is now named for Pontiff
I'm sure the kid would be happy to trade places with you.
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:20 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:59 am and I hate like hell that the playground I grew up at is now named for Pontiff
Just because U die, doesn't mean you have a building or a street named after you, there are several young men who died way before Pontiff, and the name was not changed because their parents did not pay off the right people. I may be incorrect and TPS may be of help, but if memory serves, Pontiff grew up playing at Lakeshore Playground...The Pontiff family did not think that Lakeshore was large enough for the name to be changed there, so Metairie Playground was targeted... I should change my original post from "hate" to "disappointed'
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:23 pm
Just because U die, doesn't mean you have a building or a street named after you, there are several young men who died way before Pontiff, and the name was not changed because their parents did not pay off the right people. I may be incorrect and TPS may be of help, but if memory serves, Pontiff grew up playing at Lakeshore Playground...The Pontiff family did not think that Lakeshore was large enough for the name to be changed there, so Metairie Playground was targeted... I should change my original post from "hate" to "disappointed'
Not sure. But this says he grew up playing at Metairie Playground.
http://www.wallypontiffjr.org/playgroun ... ation.html
Wally Pontiff Jr. starred in baseball and basketball at Metairie Playground from age 8 to 15. He graduated from Jesuit High School in New Orleans where he batted .471 in his senior season.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:15 pm
Wally Pontiff Jr. starred in baseball and basketball at Metairie Playground from age 8 to 15. He graduated from Jesuit High School in New Orleans where he batted .471 in his senior season.
TPS...thanks for that link... There were many kids who grew up at Metry playground who were excellent students and had success at their chosen sport.... that said, I do not think any building or public venue should be named after anyone, if you don't pay to have it built or developed, it doesn't get your name
Profoundwizard
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:07 pm
TPS...thanks for that link... There were many kids who grew up at Metry playground who were excellent students and had success at their chosen sport.... that said, I do not think any building or public venue should be named after anyone, if you don't pay to have it built or developed, it doesn't get your name
It’s a silly thing to be upset over
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:24 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:07 pm
It’s a silly thing to be upset over
I knew there was a money trail someplace...I played ball with Barry Bordelon and was coached by Elton Lagasse at EJ
https://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf ... t_111.html
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Heck no we should never play them at Zephyr. If Dannen allows this game to go forward with Tulane playing in the WPC in 2020 we will never get LSU to ever come back to Turchin. I still can’t believe Dannen told LSU yes to this but hopefully he will change his mind if he hears from enough Tulane fans on this.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Sunamiwave wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:17 pm Heck no we should never play them at Zephyr. If Dannen allows this game to go forward with Tulane playing in the WPC in 2020 we will never get LSU to ever come back to Turchin. I still can’t believe Dannen told LSU yes to this but hopefully he will change his mind if he hears from enough Tulane fans on this.
I agree with this. I also know there's been talk of us being the permanent opponent in the WPC. It would keep us playing every year and we wouldn't have to go to the Box either, Not sure what I think of that proposal. Probably against that as well.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Here’s why we should not get tied down with that game. We are visitors.
https://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2018 ... strybutton
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981