AAC Media Days

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Nice short and sweet interview with Coach Willie Fritz:

https://mobile.twitter.com/American_FB/ ... 20/video/1

I know we have a few posters on this board that are there. Anxious to hear their take and inside scoops!

ROLL WAVE!

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

AAC Media picks Wave 5th in the West

Live Stream link:
https://www.facebook.com/AmericanDigita ... 160177520/
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We play 8 AAC games. We need to win at LEAST 5 this year. If we don't, we will need to assess the program and do what it takes to contend for a conference title.

I think Fritz can bring us there, but we DO judge progress by wins and losses. The Rick Dickson model is long gone.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:40 am We play 8 AAC games. We need to win at LEAST 5 this year. If we don't, we will need to assess the program and do what it takes to contend for a conference title.

I think Fritz can bring us there, but we DO judge progress by wins and losses. The Rick Dickson model is long gone.
Yes. The reason we keep getting picked near the bottom is because that’s where we’ve been finishing lately. Until we prove otherwise the media will continue to put us in the bottom quarter.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

have to admit, I am dazed and confused by the love for SMU and Houston, I know UH picked up several grad transfers, but the still have Johnny Appleseed for a Coach.. I am not sold on Spike Dykes and neither are the SMU players, I can see that team imploding and fast...Navy is Navy, they get between 90 and 100 "appointments" for the Football program each year out of that 100 they only need 20 to develop, plus they get a "prep school' year prior to entering the academy where all they do is triple option football ...why ya think their Coach has turned down more "lucrative" offers...same goes for Army and Air Force...just an FYI there are 130 players on the Navy Roster for 2018...all at tax payer expense
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

from AAC media days TD on FTW...I don't think this was posted yet, if so please delete

https://soundcloud.com/user-774038550/s ... media-days
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:23 am have to admit, I am dazed and confused by the love for SMU and Houston, I know UH picked up several grad transfers, but the still have Johnny Appleseed for a Coach.. I am not sold on Spike Dykes and neither are the SMU players, I can see that team imploding and fast...Navy is Navy, they get between 90 and 100 "appointments" for the Football program each year out of that 100 they only need 20 to develop, plus they get a "prep school' year prior to entering the academy where all they do is triple option football ...why ya think their Coach has turned down more "lucrative" offers...same goes for Army and Air Force...just an FYI there are 130 players on the Navy Roster for 2018...all at tax payer expense
I don't begrudge any of the service academies having so many "recruits". Most, and I literally mean 80+% of their recruits don't end up playing after their year of prep school, and about half of them don't enroll in the academy. It's a different system, and it does give them an advantage, but they're not recruiting the same athletes that the Football Factories are recruiting. In other words, if a recruit to the Naval academy has an offer from Penn State, more often than not he's going to Penn State.

We cannot simply bitch and moan about the Naval Academy's advantage. We need to overcome it and beat them. They're in our conference, and division, so to get to the top we have to go through them.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:57 am
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:23 am have to admit, I am dazed and confused by the love for SMU and Houston, I know UH picked up several grad transfers, but the still have Johnny Appleseed for a Coach.. I am not sold on Spike Dykes and neither are the SMU players, I can see that team imploding and fast...Navy is Navy, they get between 90 and 100 "appointments" for the Football program each year out of that 100 they only need 20 to develop, plus they get a "prep school' year prior to entering the academy where all they do is triple option football ...why ya think their Coach has turned down more "lucrative" offers...same goes for Army and Air Force...just an FYI there are 130 players on the Navy Roster for 2018...all at tax payer expense
I don't begrudge any of the service academies having so many "recruits". Most, and I literally mean 80+% of their recruits don't end up playing after their year of prep school, and about half of them don't enroll in the academy. It's a different system, and it does give them an advantage, but they're not recruiting the same athletes that the Football Factories are recruiting. In other words, if a recruit to the Naval academy has an offer from Penn State, more often than not he's going to Penn State.

We cannot simply bitch and moan about the Naval Academy's advantage. We need to overcome it and beat them. They're in our conference, and division, so to get to the top we have to go through them.
I did not bitch or moan...I stated the facts...many do not know that the academies have an "unrestricted number" of recruits...that is why Gladchuck insisted on being in the west division, so they could recruit Texas more heavily
wave97
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:16 am

I did not bitch or moan...I stated the facts...many do not know that the academies have an "unrestricted number" of recruits...that is why Gladchuck insisted on being in the west division, so they could recruit Texas more heavily
I stopped by the AAC media day and checked out the active Navy roster. After taking into account the very high Midshipmen attrition rate for football (once they have been admitted, they're in, and they do not have to participate in football), the roster is 177 actively recruited players. Bear Bryant and Johnny Majors back in the early 70's would be envious of that roster.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:10 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:16 am

I stopped by the AAC media day and checked out the active Navy roster. After taking into account the very high Midshipmen attrition rate for football (once they have been admitted, they're in, and they do not have to participate in football), the roster is 177.
177 !!!! memories of the early Ellender years !!!!...I guess the "prep school" is where they "try out' for the "select team"
winwave
Top of the WAVE

AAC has arrived:

http://theamerican.org/news/2018/7/24/f ... rived.aspx

Gotta love Aresco.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.