TD You Owe Us

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

You owe us an explanation and an apology for what you have done to this storied baseball series. Fans like myself who have sat through the misery of Tulane athletics for over 50 years at least had that part of the rivalry left and now you've killed it. Shame on you.

You also better think long and hard before you try and impose something like a seat license on us long suffering fans. This athletic department is a mess that Tulane has created and they need to be willing to write the check to fix it not us until the product greatly improves across the board.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:27 pm You owe us an explanation and an apology for what you have done to this storied baseball series. Fans like myself who have sat through the misery of Tulane athletics for over 50 years at least had that part of the rivalry left and now you've killed it. Shame on you.

You also better think long and hard before you try and impose something like a seat license on us long suffering fans. This athletic department is a mess that Tulane has created and they need to be willing to write the check to fix it not us until the product greatly improves across the board.
It’s rare we agree but man you hit a Hr run there!
I totally agree 1000%
MicMan
Swell

"Fans like myself who have sat through the misery of Tulane athletics for over 50 years"

Maybe you should seek professional help.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Hi, new poster and longtime Tulane fan here but I have come to this site for awhile now. My personal feeling is da_n if I’m going to let the end of the Tulane, LSU home and away baseball series get me down. That is exactly what those jerks want. They’ve pulled the rug out from under us in the two biggest sports, football and basketball, by refusing to play us so I’m not surprised they found a way to do it for baseball too. This was inevitable under the LSU leadership. If it did not happen this year it was going to happen in the next few years. My message to Troy is don’t accept their measly one game offer at Zephyr Field for the Wally Pontiff Classic, which is their game. At this point in time, that would be a sellout of Tulane. Inform LSU that we will only do a home and away game with them each year like the teams have been doing for decades. Get Skip Bertman involved as he knows the history and value of the series. Didn’t one of Skip’s daughters graduate from Tulane? If LSU will not reconsider just forget about them and schedule games against Florida State, Ole Miss, TCU, etc. Isn’t it much more important that we get to a regional and College World Series than play a dumb mid week game against LSU? Let’s not sell ourselves short here by having a hissy fit over Lsu’s petty behavior on this issue. Like I said LSU was looking for a way out and would have done this within a few years anyway like they did in football and men’s basketball. I hope Troy sends out a tweet about what actually happened as the facts will make Alleva and LSU look extremely petty.
torbida
Surge

I'm done Dannen is a moron like dick ricky.Will spend my money doing other things than watch/support losing
ajcalhoun
Swell

Sunamiwave wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:10 pm Hi, new poster and longtime Tulane fan here but I have come to this site for awhile now. My personal feeling is da_n if I’m going to let the end of the Tulane, LSU home and away baseball series get me down. That is exactly what those jerks want. They’ve pulled the rug out from under us in the two biggest sports, football and basketball, by refusing to play us so I’m not surprised they found a way to do it for baseball too. This was inevitable under the LSU leadership. If it did not happen this year it was going to happen in the next few years. My message to Troy is don’t accept their measly one game offer at Zephyr Field for the Wally Pontiff Classic, which is their game. At this point in time, that would be a sellout of Tulane. Inform LSU that we will only do a home and away game with them each year like the teams have been doing for decades. Get Skip Bertman involved as he knows the history and value of the series. Didn’t one of Skip’s daughters graduate from Tulane? If LSU will not reconsider just forget about them and schedule games against Florida State, Ole Miss, TCU, etc. Isn’t it much more important that we get to a regional and College World Series than play a dumb mid week game against LSU? Let’s not sell ourselves short here by having a hissy fit over Lsu’s petty behavior on this issue. Like I said LSU was looking for a way out and would have done this within a few years anyway like they did in football and men’s basketball. I hope Troy sends out a tweet about what actually happened as the facts will make Alleva and LSU look extremely petty.
Nice try, Troy.
God Bless Everyone!
Show Me
Tsunami

ajcalhoun wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:41 am
Sunamiwave wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:10 pm Hi, new poster and longtime Tulane fan here but I have come to this site for awhile now. My personal feeling is da_n if I’m going to let the end of the Tulane, LSU home and away baseball series get me down. That is exactly what those jerks want. They’ve pulled the rug out from under us in the two biggest sports, football and basketball, by refusing to play us so I’m not surprised they found a way to do it for baseball too. This was inevitable under the LSU leadership. If it did not happen this year it was going to happen in the next few years. My message to Troy is don’t accept their measly one game offer at Zephyr Field for the Wally Pontiff Classic, which is their game. At this point in time, that would be a sellout of Tulane. Inform LSU that we will only do a home and away game with them each year like the teams have been doing for decades. Get Skip Bertman involved as he knows the history and value of the series. Didn’t one of Skip’s daughters graduate from Tulane? If LSU will not reconsider just forget about them and schedule games against Florida State, Ole Miss, TCU, etc. Isn’t it much more important that we get to a regional and College World Series than play a dumb mid week game against LSU? Let’s not sell ourselves short here by having a hissy fit over Lsu’s petty behavior on this issue. Like I said LSU was looking for a way out and would have done this within a few years anyway like they did in football and men’s basketball. I hope Troy sends out a tweet about what actually happened as the facts will make Alleva and LSU look extremely petty.
Nice try, Troy.
AJ you read my mind. If it isn’t Troy is one of his minions.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Sunami, well said.

Depending on another team, exclusively, for recognition, is bound to fail. We must become credible on our own. And there are plenty of other teams we can schedule as Dannen is proving with his FB scheduling. THIS IS A BLESSING IN DISGUISE . WE MUST CAPITALIZE.

A SEAT TAX of any kind in any sport will be A TOTAL DISASTER....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Bearwave
High Tide

winwave wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:27 pm You owe us an explanation and an apology for what you have done to this storied baseball series. Fans like myself who have sat through the misery of Tulane athletics for over 50 years at least had that part of the rivalry left and now you've killed it. Shame on you.

It’s almost like he wants to cut baseball. It was the only consistent winner for ages. Enjoy the empty seats TD.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Just for clarification I'm not happy about losing the home LSU baseball game but as an athletic department it is much more important that we get the football program turned around. That is what I will be judging Dannen on. Tulane for a long time seemed to put baseball before football and basketball. They were doing everything backwards with respect to rebuilding the athletics program.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sunamiwave wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:50 am Just for clarification I'm not happy about losing the home LSU baseball game but as an athletic department it is much more important that we get the football program turned around. That is what I will be judging Dannen on. Tulane for a long time seemed to put baseball before football and basketball. They were doing everything backwards with respect to rebuilding the athletics program.
Nice try Mrs. Dannen. It wasn't about putting baseball before the two major sports. If your husband hadn't run off everyone on the staff he could have gained some insight into the history of the program. We had success in baseball because we made good hires. Football saw every good hire followed by several bad hires. Same with basketball.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

What has Dannen done in his 2 1/2 years here?
We have yet to even have a winning season in any of the 3 men’s sports. I’m convinced he wants to kill baseball. He eliminates the biggest draw and moneymaker game of the year for the Wave baseball program. He hires the wrong baseball coach. One day he’ll come around and ask why fans are not going to the games like Scott Cowen would. Because you screwed up the program Dannen. If we don’t have a great football season Dannen needs to be fired. That is if the Tulane board is really serious about winning.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Show Me wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:43 am What has Dannen done in his 2 1/2 years here?
We have yet to even have a winning season in any of the 3 men’s sports. I’m convinced he wants to kill baseball. He eliminates the biggest draw and moneymaker game of the year for the Wave baseball program. He hires the wrong baseball coach. One day he’ll come around and ask why fans are not going to the games like Scott Cowen would. Because you screwed up the program Dannen. If we don’t have a great football season Dannen needs to be fired. That is if the Tulane board is really serious about winning.
Some of this. None of the mens sports are doing that well, and it's so bad that a 6-7 season in mens football would worthy of breaking out the celebratory champagne.
RobertM320
Green Wave

If I remember correctly, there were many, many posters on here that said if we could become consistent winners in football and basketball, that they'd be willing to let baseball slide. I'll hold my judgment until I see what the coming season on those two sports provides.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Show Me
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:55 am If I remember correctly, there were many, many posters on here that said if we could become consistent winners in football and basketball, that they'd be willing to let baseball slide. I'll hold my judgment until I see what the coming season on those two sports provides.
Yep. Baseball success has been holding those 2 programs back for years. :lol:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:16 am
RobertM320 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:55 am If I remember correctly, there were many, many posters on here that said if we could become consistent winners in football and basketball, that they'd be willing to let baseball slide. I'll hold my judgment until I see what the coming season on those two sports provides.
Yep. Baseball success has been holding those 2 programs back for years. :lol:
The point was that the Cow/DIck administration put resources into Baseball before Football and Basketball, which, for the sports fanatic world are WAY more important. When the scholarship rules changed, and Cowen took Tulane from being a middle of the pack tuition school to one of the most expensive, our chances of being a top 20 baseball team year in and year out disappeared. Baseball is not a "front porch" sport anywhere in the country. Football drives the ship and basketball is a distant second to third (or fourth, fifth or sixth place) AHEAD of baseball. Win a few CWS's and the average college sports fan will yawn. Many (and I'm talking the majority of) sports fans won't even notice. Win a few AAC titles, or do what UCF has done in football and the sports fan will take notice. And it makes a difference in the number of applications and those that actually enroll NOBODY goes to Tulane because we have a successful baseball team. A whole lot of HS Seniors would pick Tulane if we were a year in year out contender for the AAC football championship. Or appearing regularly in the NCAA hoops tournament. Yes, sports make a difference to attracting students and our rankings as a whole. But baseball doesn't move the needle at all. That doesn't mean it's not important to field a good baseball team at Tulane. It means we need to keep perspective.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

99.9 % of us have perspective. It was the administration that didn't. To make it worse all that was put into baseball still didn't give us a top 20 program year in and year out. In the history of the program it's finished ranked less than 10 times.
nawlinspete
Riptide

winwave wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:08 am 99.9 % of us have perspective. It was the administration that didn't. To make it worse all that was put into baseball still didn't give us a top 20 program year in and year out. In the history of the program it's finished ranked less than 10 times.

Absolutely correct. Our priorities have been ass backward since Rufus deemphasized us in 1950 .

Baseball is a waste. Football and MBB must be invigorated and those programs will determine whether we again become big - time or not .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .