Let’s Talk Football July 26 Boomtown

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:58 am

Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:39 am

Reminder 5pm tonight. Free event unless you gamble. :mrgreen:
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:14 pm

Great event. Packed house.
Live Scholarship awarded tonight:
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Tsunami

Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:58 am

tpstulane wrote:
https://twitter.com/greenwavefb/status/ ... 00288?s=21
Great to see a big turnout. Perhaps the fan base expects another step forward, as we all do this year The scholarship award is a big deal. It's basically giving a $60k prize to a player that's been a walk on.

Each year, that is the best thing that happens leading into camp! I'd like to see/hear coach Fritz's entire discussion about Brian. Imagine the phone call home to mom and dad telling them they're off the hook for $60k this year. Congrats!

Does anyone have time to post a recap of what the coaches discussed?
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:39 am

DfromCT wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:58 am
tpstulane wrote:
https://twitter.com/greenwavefb/status/ ... 00288?s=21
Great to see a big turnout. Perhaps the fan base expects another step forward, as we all do this year The scholarship award is a big deal. It's basically giving a $60k prize to a player that's been a walk on.

Each year, that is the best thing that happens leading into camp! I'd like to see/hear coach Fritz's entire discussion about Brian. Imagine the phone call home to mom and dad telling them they're off the hook for $60k this year. Congrats!

Does anyone have time to post a recap of what the coaches discussed?
Not much insight from coach Fritz. Mostly introduced his staff and spouses along with a group of players. They had an auction as well.
Overall a good time and well attended.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Tsunami

Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:04 am

This is VERY cool:
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

golfnut69
Green Wave

Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:05 am

tpstulane wrote:
even the TP thought it was news worthy
https://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/2 ... iver_index
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Ripple

Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:30 pm

Awesome story. I love the call he has with his dad, it evokes a lot of emotion. I don’t know if it was incompetence or taking another shot at us but the TP writer says it was announced in front of “. . . 12 other senior football players, the full 10-man assistant coaching staff and several other team supporters at a fundraising event at Boomtown Hotel. . .” I assume there were more then “several” team supporters in the room ? Couldn’t they have simply said a room full of supporters at boomtown ? A crowd full of supporters ? We know which writer didn’t go to Tulane . . . .
DfromCT
Tsunami

Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:50 pm

Bicoastalwave wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:30 pm
Awesome story. I love the call he has with his dad, it evokes a lot of emotion. I don’t know if it was incompetence or taking another shot at us but the TP writer says it was announced in front of “. . . 12 other senior football players, the full 10-man assistant coaching staff and several other team supporters at a fundraising event at Boomtown Hotel. . .” I assume there were more then “several” team supporters in the room ? Couldn’t they have simply said a room full of supporters at boomtown ? A crowd full of supporters ? We know which writer didn’t go to Tulane . . . .
That's getting a little "picayune" IMHO! The fact that TP gave it any coverage is a step up from what's been happening lately.

Bicoastalwave
Ripple

Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:02 pm

Hah! You’re probably correct
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:59 pm

Troy did make a comment on the lack of media coverage. He said the media that does cover us during the year will get credentials to our bowl game. The others will be evaluated.
8 min mark:

https://www.facebook.com/terrell.shenal ... 909509789/
Tulane Class of 1981