USA Today AAC Power rankings

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Mods....feel free to merge with any other preseason topic U wish

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 2/?src=rss

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ajcalhoun
Swell

Well, they choose us to finish eighth in the conference but still get to a bowl. The conference only has seven bowl tie-ins so somebody is getting hosed.
God Bless Everyone!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No problem. We’ll be in the NY6 Bowl so the rest will have spots.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:50 pm Well, they choose us to finish eighth in the conference but still get to a bowl. The conference only has seven bowl tie-ins so somebody is getting hosed.
If the New Orleans Bowl had a tie in to the AAC, Tulane would be safe. I guess Tulane can't have everything.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

There's more likely to be a shortage of bowl eligible teams than there is a shortage of bowls. We don't need an automatic tie-in to go to a bowl that's looking for a bowl eligible team. If we're truly the 8th seed at year end, and are bowl eligible, we'll fill a slot from a conference that didn't get enough teams eligible.

LETS NOT GET AHEAD OF OURSELVES. First things first.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I believe there’s an agreement that if we get Bowl eligible the New Orleans Bowl will get us in there.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:03 pm I believe there’s an agreement that if we get Bowl eligible the New Orleans Bowl will get us in there.
I think USA thinks UCF will get a NY6 game therefore 8 teams from the AAC will go bowling
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:03 pm I believe there’s an agreement that if we get Bowl eligible the New Orleans Bowl will get us in there.
CUSA vs Sunbelt
http://www.neworleansbowl.org
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:40 pm
CUSA vs Sunbelt
http://www.neworleansbowl.org
Right. But there is supposedly an unwritten agreement that if we get eligible some type of swap will occur for us to go to the NOLA Bowl if we want.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

There are only 3 teams head and shoulders above Tulane in Talent on the 2018 schedule..Ohio State, Memphis and USF...everyone else is a krap shoot...SMU and Navy at home,is a huge plus...but going to Houston could be a problem...and for some unkown reason the city of Tulsa seems to be jinxed...Tulane could win 4 games and again it could win 8 games...Tulane will be much improved and the most physical Tulane team in the last 15 years....The AAC is far above any other G5 conference, none of the others have the depth the AAC has