Tulane QB Jonathan Banks media stops

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Quarterback Jonathan Banks on ‘Prime Time Sports’ tonight at 7PM on CST & at 6 on WLAE-TV!

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I hope somebody will post a recap. Probably a lot of what was said with Guerry last week, but always good to see our QB getting air time.

The one thing that I picked up on last week was when he said he probably should have thrown the ball away on the last play at SMU. Clearly, he thought he could get in and win the game, but he didn't and it cost us the game. Coach called a pass, and he ran. Unlike a certain coach of the biggest independent D1 school, our coach has never thrown JB under the bus for that play. I like Coach Fritz. Quirky offense and all, I like him and hope we can keep him until he retires. He'll win us conference titles if he stays that long.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
ajcalhoun
Swell

I watched it but had distractions so I can't give much of a recap. I'll give it a try but hopefully someone DVR'd it and can be more thorough.

The host (who may or may not have been on stimulants) seemed more interested in how JB liked New Orleans than anything football-related.

Things I learned: 1) JB doesn't like seafood. 2) JB was at K-State at the same time as Bill Snyder (really host?) 3) New Orleans is much more of a party town than Manhattan, Kansas (again, really host?) 4) JB chose Tulane because it was close to his home in Houston (really JB?) 5) JB is 6'3", 235 lbs (Nice!)

OK, finally some football stuff. JB really likes Coach Fritz and the offense. JB is really impressed with the corps of running backs and says that each of the four brings a different strength to the table. He also is very happy with the JC transfers (more specifically the WR and RB; I don't think the linemen were mentioned. (Again, I was at a friend's house trying to watch through various distractions.)

They may have touched upon the leadership thing and his having a better grasp of the offense but I may be confusing that with the nola.com article that winwave linked this morning.

Sorry y'all but that's all I have.

ETA I may have been too hard on the host, Scott Alexander. I know it's easier for someone in the peanut gallery to be a critic than it is for someone to put themselves out there and try to entertain and inform the public. I do appreciate not only his effort but that he included Tulane on his show and showed enthusiasm for the program.
God Bless Everyone!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He has something Tulane related on once in a hwile which is appreciated. If we win in football this year I'm sure he'll up our appearances Didn't get to see it so thanks for the recap.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I missed it. But it replays Thursday night at 10pm
Scott will put up the video I’ll keep an eye out for it.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Cracks the Top 10 breakout QB’s 2018
https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... backs-2018
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:26 am Cracks the Top 10 breakout QB’s 2018
https://athlonsports.com/college-footba ... backs-2018
Good to see. May it turn out that way and I think there's a good chance he meets those expectations.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

phpBB [video]
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Hope it's not an NCAA violation to accept those gifts. :mrgreen:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:51 am Hope it's not an NCAA violation to accept those gifts. :mrgreen:
Lol. I never thought about that!
Tulane Class of 1981
swampnik
Surge

Scott talked up Tulane well in this segment.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)