The Perfect Season

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The Series:
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 7243466753

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Nice!
God Bless Everyone!
ajcalhoun
Swell

I finally went to Campus Connection and picked up the "1998 National Champions" T that I ordered last year. They have some in stock if anyone's interested.
God Bless Everyone!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I wasn't there for Bowden, but we were still at St. Paul's my next 2 years. Those Summer days were brutal, and the dorms at St. Paul's so depressing. But Coach Iosia definitely had us conditioned. It's too bad we had 3 weeks of 2-a-days, only ending the game week leading up to S. Miss. We never stood a chance, the team never got their legs back.

But such good memories of that 1998 season. Good coaches find ways to be competitive. Great coaches find ways to win. Bowden was our last great coach.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
wave97
Swell

The RPO genie popped out of the bottle right smack dab on Tulane's campus. We hung more points on the board than anyone else could keep up with. There wasn't a DC in the country who knew how to stop it in 1998.
Thanks, Coach Rodriguez!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Not long after Tulane came out with a DVD on the 1998 season and Ken Berthelot did the narration. It’s got many of the highlights from that year.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:18 pm Not long after Tulane came out with a DVD on the 1998 season and Ken Berthelot did the narration. It’s got many of the highlights from that year.
Any of those still around?
God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:31 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:18 pm Not long after Tulane came out with a DVD on the 1998 season and Ken Berthelot did the narration. It’s got many of the highlights from that year.
Any of those still around?
I just looked on eBay and Amazon and none showed up in my search. Tulane would be smart to re-issue those for the reunion. I still have mine and pop it in every so often to re-live those days.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Tulane could probably get a whole lot of buyers at $50 per for that DVD. I'd certainly buy one (and if anyone can copy theirs, I'd donate the $50 to TAF, or something similar!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
ajcalhoun
Swell

Dang, D, that's pretty steep! I'd like one but not for $50. I'm thinking more like $15-$20. (The Saints Super Bowl Season video was $14.99 and that was with Tracy Porter signing it!)
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:44 pm Dang, D, that's pretty steep! I'd like one but not for $50. I'm thinking more like $15-$20. (The Saints Super Bowl Season video was $14.99 and that was with Tracy Porter signing it!)
Hell, I attended Louisiana Public Schools and I would pay 35.00 to 39.00 for a DVD, and I am on Social Security and a Pension....surely, all of you high wage Tulane degree types can afford that !!!!...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Any idea when the next episode is coming out, or how frequently they'll be releasing them?
JerseyWave
Riptide

The camp at St Paul’s sounds like Bowden’s version of the Junction Boys. Whatever he did, worked, and everyone survived.
Dave breslin
Swell

I’m waiting for The Perfect Season 2018 version. Hopefully it won’t be on VCR but on a Blu-ray
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dave breslin wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:23 pm I’m waiting for The Perfect Season 2018 version. Hopefully it won’t be on VCR but on a Blu-ray
Now that's good thinking !
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Honoring JaJuan Dawson:
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 6182546432 At last the second installment in this series! Thank you JP. Appropriately released on the second anniversary of his passing. RIP JaJuan and thanks for the memories.
Last edited by DfromCT on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I remember working out with JaJuan in the Summer of '99. It was the start of his senior year, and my freshman. He was the absolute nicest, and most sincere, guys I had ever met. He welcomed me, treated me as one of the team, and was just an all around genuine person. His brother Joey would join the team a year later. Again, nothing but good memories of that time.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I happened upon this video, 50 Days until Kickoff. I thought others might enjoy it:

phpBB [video]
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jajuan is one of my all time favorites. When he was recruited there wasn't much out there in advance. The Tulane Booster Club that I belonged to would provide food and drink in the squad room of the Wilson Center on the second floor on Signing Day. I heard one of the assistants talking about him. He was saying how he played QB in HS and that they saw him get hit once and turned around and then proceeded to run backwards and out run the defender. He said they knew they wanted him then even though we weren't looking at him as a QB. Good times.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Today I'm wearing my 1998 National Champions T-Shirt when a man about 20 yards away in the shopping center parking lot says "is that a Tulane T-Shirt?" I said "Yes, we were undefeated in 1998, and are retroactively declaring ourselves National Champions." He repies "I was on that team!" We introduced ourselves, chatted for a minute or two (he said the whole team expected RR to be coach which we all knew.) Turns out he was on the team, I believe as a Freshman D-Line that played in about half the games in '98. He asked me to show his wife the T-Shirt as they were parked near my car. He went into the store, I showed his wife my shirt, and she pointed it out to their kids! Glenn LeMoyne will be at the ceremony celebrating 20 years.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:29 am Today I'm wearing my 1998 National Champions T-Shirt when a man about 20 yards away in the shopping center parking lot says "is that a Tulane T-Shirt?" I said "Yes, we were undefeated in 1998, and are retroactively declaring ourselves National Champions." He repies "I was on that team!" We introduced ourselves, chatted for a minute or two (he said the whole team expected RR to be coach which we all knew.) Turns out he was on the team, I believe as a Freshman D-Line that played in about half the games in '98. He asked me to show his wife the T-Shirt as they were parked near my car. He went into the store, I showed his wife my shirt, and she pointed it out to their kids! Glenn LeMoyne will be at the ceremony celebrating 20 years.
Great story!
Thanks for sharing!
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:03 am
DfromCT wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:29 am Today I'm wearing my 1998 National Champions T-Shirt when a man about 20 yards away in the shopping center parking lot says "is that a Tulane T-Shirt?" I said "Yes, we were undefeated in 1998, and are retroactively declaring ourselves National Champions." He repies "I was on that team!" We introduced ourselves, chatted for a minute or two (he said the whole team expected RR to be coach which we all knew.) Turns out he was on the team, I believe as a Freshman D-Line that played in about half the games in '98. He asked me to show his wife the T-Shirt as they were parked near my car. He went into the store, I showed his wife my shirt, and she pointed it out to their kids! Glenn LeMoyne will be at the ceremony celebrating 20 years.
Great story!
Thanks for sharing!
If memory serves Glenn grew up 'down in da' Parish "
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:49 am Episode 1:

https://www.facebook.com/GreenWaveFootb ... 042180340/
Thanks, wonderful memories, but that is what they are, memories....time to go out and make some new ones !!! one thing is for certain, when I talk with former teammate, the older we get, the better we were
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Golf in their case they don't need to enhance. They were perfect. :D