Rule Changes

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6632
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:53 am

DfromCT wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:29 pm
RobertM320 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:32 am
The ones you really want are players like Stephon Huderson, who signed in Dec just so he could start in school in Jan. A full year he was committed and he never wavered on that. You'll win with players like that, because at the end of they day, they're the ones that will gut it out in the fourth quarter when you need someone to make a play.
I get your point, and agree. However, Huderson was a Freshman last year. He didn't sign early, because there was no early signing day in December of 2016. The first early signing day was December 2017 for the 2018 class. Huderson was part of the 2017 class.
I think you need to go back and check again. I've been following him since he was at Petal. He graduated from HS in Dec 2016 (mid-term), and signed the next day, then started school at Tulane in January 2017. Once you've graduated you can sign any time. My point was, he made his commitment and stuck by it.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6632
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:12 am

"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6430
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:18 am

RobertM320 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:53 am
DfromCT wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:29 pm
RobertM320 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:32 am
The ones you really want are players like Stephon Huderson, who signed in Dec just so he could start in school in Jan. A full year he was committed and he never wavered on that. You'll win with players like that, because at the end of they day, they're the ones that will gut it out in the fourth quarter when you need someone to make a play.
I get your point, and agree. However, Huderson was a Freshman last year. He didn't sign early, because there was no early signing day in December of 2016. The first early signing day was December 2017 for the 2018 class. Huderson was part of the 2017 class.
I think you need to go back and check again. I've been following him since he was at Petal. He graduated from HS in Dec 2016 (mid-term), and signed the next day, then started school at Tulane in January 2017. Once you've graduated you can sign any time. My point was, he made his commitment and stuck by it.
I knew he started school in January, as others have before him (Teddy Veal comes to mind) I knew that could happen but didn't know that the NCAA allowed signings before National Signing Day. Makes sense though, if you've graduated. I stand corrected, Robert, as you didn't say he signed in the new early signing period.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Post Reply