Rule Changes

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:29 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:32 am The ones you really want are players like Stephon Huderson, who signed in Dec just so he could start in school in Jan. A full year he was committed and he never wavered on that. You'll win with players like that, because at the end of they day, they're the ones that will gut it out in the fourth quarter when you need someone to make a play.
I get your point, and agree. However, Huderson was a Freshman last year. He didn't sign early, because there was no early signing day in December of 2016. The first early signing day was December 2017 for the 2018 class. Huderson was part of the 2017 class.
I think you need to go back and check again. I've been following him since he was at Petal. He graduated from HS in Dec 2016 (mid-term), and signed the next day, then started school at Tulane in January 2017. Once you've graduated you can sign any time. My point was, he made his commitment and stuck by it.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

https://twitter.com/PineBeltSPORTS/stat ... 7994828801
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:53 am
DfromCT wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:29 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:32 am The ones you really want are players like Stephon Huderson, who signed in Dec just so he could start in school in Jan. A full year he was committed and he never wavered on that. You'll win with players like that, because at the end of they day, they're the ones that will gut it out in the fourth quarter when you need someone to make a play.
I get your point, and agree. However, Huderson was a Freshman last year. He didn't sign early, because there was no early signing day in December of 2016. The first early signing day was December 2017 for the 2018 class. Huderson was part of the 2017 class.
I think you need to go back and check again. I've been following him since he was at Petal. He graduated from HS in Dec 2016 (mid-term), and signed the next day, then started school at Tulane in January 2017. Once you've graduated you can sign any time. My point was, he made his commitment and stuck by it.
I knew he started school in January, as others have before him (Teddy Veal comes to mind) I knew that could happen but didn't know that the NCAA allowed signings before National Signing Day. Makes sense though, if you've graduated. I stand corrected, Robert, as you didn't say he signed in the new early signing period.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V