Set Your DVR

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Fritz will be on Fourth Down on 4 on Sunday night. There will be a lot on about Banks.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Will do. Thanks, win! :cheers:
God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If someone can post it here, or post a link where we out of towners can stream it afterwards, that would be great.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Dave breslin
Swell

Thanks for the heads up Win
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:10 am If someone can post it here, or post a link where we out of towners can stream it afterwards, that would be great.
The Fritz part of the show was already shot (see screenshot below) and will air in it’s entirenty Sunday night.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

D- unfortunately I don't think they stream it. I know tps has in the past been able to record segments like that and post it here. I'm not tech savvy enough to do it or I gladly would. Hopefully he has the chance to do it for you.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:27 am D- unfortunately I don't think they stream it. I know tps has in the past been able to record segments like that and post it here. I'm not tech savvy enough to do it or I gladly would. Hopefully he has the chance to do it for you.
I sell software for a living, and I'm not tech savvy enough to post a picture on this site! Just never took the time to figure it out!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Did anyone capture the segment in a form that can be posted here? If so, thanks in advance for doing so!

ROLL WAVE!
ajcalhoun
Swell

I watched it live last night (I'm too cheap to pay for cable therefore I have no DVR) and, man, am I looking forward to the start of the season! The clips of Jonathan Banks had him throwing some gorgeous passes and Coach Fritz was so professional and confidence-inspiring in his interview. He talked at lengh about how JB now had a complete grasp of the offense and that he could now take total control in leading his teammates in it. The interview really got me pumped up for Tulane's future.

I went online to WWL-TV's website to look for the video both last night immediately following the broadcast and then again just now. No luck there so I called the station and asked about it's availability. I was told that 4th Down on Four segments aren't put online; generally because of licensing with film clips and the permission of the interviewee. (I may have misunderstood exactly what I was told and I'm not sure what position the person I was talking to held at WWL. It may well have been an intern as far as I could tell.)

Anyway, unless someone here DVR'd it and has the the technical savvy (highly dubious) to share it I'm afraid we're SOL. I wish I would've taken notes so I could tell y'all more.
God Bless Everyone!
ajcalhoun
Swell

I just remembered Coach Fritz also talked a little about the strength of the conference and that the AAC had "clearly seperated" itself from the rest of the G5.
God Bless Everyone!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for that rundown AJ. I haven't watched it yet. After I do I'll see if there's anything I can add to your account of it.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Nice! Thanks for the update, ajc. Maybe TPS has the right tools to get it posted, he sometimes pulls off those miracles. AND/OR winwave will give us a transcript, as I'm sure he DVR'd it!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:47 pm Nice! Thanks for the update, ajc. Maybe TPS has the right tools to get it posted, he sometimes pulls off those miracles. AND/OR winwave will give us a transcript, as I'm sure he DVR'd it!
D- see my post right above yours. We were posting at the same time.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Doug Mouton is the sports anchor for WWL-TV and he did the interview. It was five minutes long. It started with them talking about it being his 3rd year. he said he now knows the team ,the school, the city and the recruiting area.

Mouton brought up about the players at last years preseason media conference said the goal was to make a Bowl and he thought that was bold. Fritz said high expectations are good and that we want to compete for conference championships. He said we were close and the players know it. We lost 4 games by total of 12 points. he also said he wished we could have the FIU game back as the team wasn't ready to play and that was his fault.

As to the conference he pointed out that the AAC had as many players drafted as the Big 12.

As to this years team he said recruiting and retaining is important. He then went on about how Banks came on the last 4-5 games last year and had a great spring. He now has total control of the offense. Fritz said playing QB is like being an orchestra conductor .He thinks Banks is a potential NFL QB. He's getting more accurate and is getting the ball out of his hands faster.

Mouton then talked about he likes to run the ball and asked if he wanted to throw it about 30% of the time. Fritz said he wants it to be 50-50. He said our receivers can win one on one battles. he then went on about Encalade and pointed out that while he only had 39 catches he almost had 800 yards receiving.

Finished by talking about wanting to make the same improvement going from year 2 to year 3 as they made from year 1 to year 2.

Like AJ said it was a good interview that left you pumped up. I'm sure somebody has the GIF for that.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Thanks, win! That was a much better recap than mine.
winwave wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:28 pm Like AJ said it was a good interview that left you pumped up. I'm sure somebody has the GIF for that.

God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:28 pm Doug Mouton is the sports anchor for WWL-TV and he did the interview. It was five minutes long. It started with them talking about it being his 3rd year. he said he now knows the team ,the school, the city and the recruiting area.

Mouton brought up about the players at last years preseason media conference said the goal was to make a Bowl and he thought that was bold. Fritz said high expectations are good and that we want to compete for conference championships. He said we were close and the players know it. We lost 4 games by total of 12 points. he also said he wished we could have the FIU game back as the team wasn't ready to play and that was his fault.

As to the conference he pointed out that the AAC had as many players drafted as the Big 12.

As to this years team he said recruiting and retaining is important. He then went on about how Banks came on the last 4-5 games last year and had a great spring. He now has total control of the offense. Fritz said playing QB is like being an orchestra conductor .He thinks Banks is a potential NFL QB. He's getting more accurate and is getting the ball out of his hands faster.

Mouton then talked about he likes to run the ball and asked if he wanted to throw it about 30% of the time. Fritz said he wants it to be 50-50. He said our receivers can win one on one battles. he then went on about Encalade and pointed out that while he only had 39 catches he almost had 800 yards receiving.

Finished by talking about wanting to make the same improvement going from year 2 to year 3 as they made from year 1 to year 2.

Like AJ said it was a good interview that left you pumped up. I'm sure somebody has the GIF for that.
Thanks for the summary, win.

If anyone has the ability to post the show, please do so.
Jaxwave
Swell

With all due respect to Coach Fritz, IMHO Jonathan will not be playing on Sundays. Would like to be wrong.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Jaxwave wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:49 am With all due respect to Coach Fritz, IMHO Jonathan will not be playing on Sundays. Would like to be wrong.
I said the same thing about that int throwing machine Mr. Lee and now I’m eating lemons.
ajcalhoun
Swell

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:23 am I said the same thing about that int throwing machine Mr. Lee and now I’m eating lemons.
Don't eat those lemons yet! Just because he's in a camp in June doesn't mean he'll play on Sundays in the fall.
God Bless Everyone!