WWL & Kristian Garic

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Post Reply
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 3063
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Mon May 28, 2018 5:56 am



Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17552
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon May 28, 2018 8:27 am

Wow. Out of line. I rarely listen to WWL radio anymore. Last time I did was the next morning after we beat LSU in baseball and I wanted to hear their comments but conveniently it was left out during the news breaks. I’d love to see Graff beat him out for the Saints gig.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Mon May 28, 2018 8:36 am

We certainly didn’t earn much praise this baseball season, but This is total arrogance. If he is not reprimanded for this by WWL Radio, then they should pay for it. An apology is in order here..., I’ll hold my breath on that one.
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1557
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Mon May 28, 2018 10:08 am

What a D-Bag. Guess he forgot about LSU’s football team getting humiliated by Troy St
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2747
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Mon May 28, 2018 10:59 am

Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Mon May 28, 2018 11:20 am

Show Me wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 10:59 am
LSU side of it
https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu ... /76947866/
You expect these kinds of insults on tigerdroppings...no problem there.

However, Garic shrunk himself by losing it with his 3rd grade sarcasm.
User avatar
msdos
Swell
Posts: 1225
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:25 pm
Status: Offline

Mon May 28, 2018 11:49 am

Winning consistently would probably solve this sort of thing...
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11916
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon May 28, 2018 12:46 pm

Winning consistently against quality opposition. If you don’t add that qualifier Tulane will schedule accordingly.
Find A Way!
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11916
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon May 28, 2018 1:00 pm

He has always talked bad about us. Before he got his WWL gig and was scrambling around to make a living Graf had him as a partner on one of our shows. Can’t remember if it was a football post game or an off season one but it really passed me off. Despite being thrown that lifeline he still does this sh*t. Like tps I never listen to WWL.
Find A Way!
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1297
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Mon May 28, 2018 1:03 pm

winwave wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 1:00 pm
He has always talked bad about us. Before he got his WWL gig and was scrambling around to make a living Graf had him as a partner on one of our shows. Can’t remember if it was a football post game or an off season one but it really passed me off. Despite being thrown that lifeline he still does this sh*t. Like tps I never listen to WWL.
Add me to the list of non-listeners to WWL.
Pepper
Surge
Posts: 624
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Mon May 28, 2018 2:51 pm

I stop listening to them a long time ago. Mike Detillier is the only guy worth listening to and that talking monkey hebert talks right over him.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2747
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Mon May 28, 2018 3:42 pm

Pepper wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 2:51 pm
I stop listening to them a long time ago. Mike Detillier is the only guy worth listening to and that talking monkey hebert talks right over him.
Same here. Many better options to listen to nowadays. You can usually fit the knowledge of their hosts inside a thimble.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17552
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon May 28, 2018 6:41 pm

Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11916
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon May 28, 2018 8:01 pm

Love it. LOL.
Find A Way!
User avatar
chain gang x man
Surge
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Mon May 28, 2018 8:43 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 8:27 am
Wow. Out of line. I rarely listen to WWL radio anymore. Last time I did was the next morning after we beat LSU in baseball and I wanted to hear their comments but conveniently it was left out during the news breaks. I’d love to see Graff beat him out for the Saints gig.
I quit listening to WWL years ago. I’m glad they finally dumped that big bag of wind, know it all Big Chief.
Tune in to 990 am
tufinal4
Ripple
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:21 am
Status: Offline

Tue May 29, 2018 7:58 am

TulaneStudentSection beat me to it. I can't imagine Gayle Benson, a sitting TU Board member, would keep a clown like that on the list for the Saints radio broadcast if she knew about his love for splashing around in the pigpen.
HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 1432
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Thu May 31, 2018 2:35 pm

tufinal4 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 7:58 am
TulaneStudentSection beat me to it. I can't imagine Gayle Benson, a sitting TU Board member, would keep a clown like that on the list for the Saints radio broadcast if she knew about his love for splashing around in the pigpen.
And he's too stupid to know that he just sunk himself, with the Saints.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7539
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:12 pm

HoustonWave wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 2:35 pm
tufinal4 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 7:58 am
TulaneStudentSection beat me to it. I can't imagine Gayle Benson, a sitting TU Board member, would keep a clown like that on the list for the Saints radio broadcast if she knew about his love for splashing around in the pigpen.
And he's too stupid to know that he just sunk himself, with the Saints.
a few facts
1- WWL will choose the next "play by play" person, NOT the Saints...it is part of their contract,, which they pay almost 2 million a year for
2- If TG is hired it is 95 percent that he will also do the Tulane games....several NFL teams use College announcers, Cincy and Tampa Bay come to mind
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6415
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:56 pm

If WWL chooses the next PBP person, TG doesn't have a chance in hell. No way that LSU centric station gives a plum job like that to someone from Tulane.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
tufinal4
Ripple
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:21 am
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:32 pm

Does anyone believe for a minute that if Gayle Benson expressed a distaste for a particular play by play candidate to WWL that they would thumb their nose at her and give him the job anyway?
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7539
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:08 pm

I am told an announcement will be made within the next few weeks...Mike Hoss ( I think that is his name ) and some sideline reporter for the Saints game seem to be the front runner's...with TG a distant 3rd... WWL will go with whoever has the most cred and can bring in the most sponsor/advertising dollars..after all, "it's all about the Benjamin's "
"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Post Reply