ECU Wins theAAC Baseball Tourney

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Final score, Tulane wins, 11-6 over #1 seed Houston.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane beats the #1 seed 11-6 . Third time we've beaten them this year and we did it against the conference pitcher of the year for the second time. We advance to play ECU at 11:30 tomorrow. We'll be on a back diamond, Robin Roberts Field, so the game won't be broadcast.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
ccap05
Surge

Up until the end I was waiting for the punchline. The bottom of the 9th had all the hallmarks of another classic meltdown. Thankfully, Tulane pulls out a convincing win after allowing a flurry of bottom of the ninth runs.. One interesting thing is that we did not go through pitchers and should be in good shape for tomorrow's game against ECU. I am looking forward to tomorrow's game- it would be a lot of fun to win it and move on in the winners bracket on Saturday with totally rested arms.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:20 pm Tulane beats the #1 seed 11-6 . Third time we've beaten them this year and we did it against the conference pitcher of the year for the second time. We advance to play ECU at 11:30 tomorrow. We'll be on a back diamond, Robin Roberts Field, so the game won't be broadcast.
We have the talent to win this tournament. If we beat ECU next I can see us winning this thing.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
ccap05
Surge

dpm wave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:40 pm The year after next, the Mobile BayBears leave for Huntsville.
I wouldn't mind have the AAC tourney at Hank Aaron Stadium.
It should come cheap.
I like this idea. Mobile does smaller level athletic events very well (think Senior bowl), is centrally located and has a lot of good, inexpensive lodging and a nice downtown entertainment district for post/pre-game activities. The turnout in Clearwater looks to be pathetic and the AAC should look to doing something else.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

and Tulane hits into a triple play...runners on 1st and 2nd...a shot to center field....houston player makes a helluva catch and throws out both runners..with the score 9-2
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ccap05 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:42 pm
dpm wave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 4:40 pm The year after next, the Mobile BayBears leave for Huntsville.
It should come cheap.
I like this idea. Mobile does smaller level athletic events very well (think Senior bowl), is centrally located and has a lot of good, inexpensive lodging and a nice downtown entertainment district for post/pre-game activities. The turnout in Clearwater looks to be pathetic and the AAC should look to doing something else.
why in hell would the AAC hold a tournament in a state, where it has no Conference member ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ccap05
Surge

golfnut69 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:47 pm
It should come cheap.
why in hell would the AAC hold a tournament in a state, where it has no Conference member ?
Because it is close to my house. Have you given that any thought or do you not consider other board members?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ccap05 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 6:11 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 5:47 pm
It should come cheap.
Because it is close to my house. Have you given that any thought or do you not consider other board members?
i only consider the "bottom line"....Clearwater is not the place to hold this event...for the most part it is a travel nightmare for fans who have to travel....... the Big 12 holds theirs in OKC a city, that for the most part is centrally located for it's membership ....Memphis is most probably the most centralized city of the AAC....Cincy is second
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave pounds UH Cougars 11 to 6, Gillies winning pitcher. :D
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'd like to change the tone of the thread, and tip my cap to the Green Wave. We won the first game. Need to keep winning

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good news. First it appears tomorrow's game will be available on-line. The story on Tulane's site says it is. Secondly, ECU's story about tomorrow's game indicates they'll throw Burleson who threw 98 pitches on Friday. So he'll be doing that on two days less rest the same as Roper.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
IM42lane
Swell

Where is Robin Roberts Field? Can we get some video feeds going from that site?

ROLL GREEN WAVE !!!!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

IM42lane wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:53 am Where is Robin Roberts Field? Can we get some video feeds going from that site?

ROLL GREEN WAVE !!!!
Robin Roberts Field is across the street from Spectrum Field, where they played yesterday.

According to the Tulane Greenwave.com article it will be on the same AAC network as yesterday. But during yesterday's broadcast they repeatedly said it will not be televised. They hinted, but didn't openly say, that there was only one broadcast crew.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

IM42lane wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:53 am Where is Robin Roberts Field? Can we get some video feeds going from that site?

ROLL GREEN WAVE !!!!
The field is next door. The Springfield Sliders play there. They are a collegiate summer league baseball team in the United States Prospect League. Two local school high school teams in the area also use the field for games. (the Benedictine University at Springfield Bulldogs, and the Lanphier High School Lions.)

As far as video maybe Tulane can do a Facebook Live broadcast using Graff’s radio call.
Tulane Class of 1981
IM42lane
Swell

Regards,
"Pete" Madere
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Thanks.
Looks Bush League. Shame on the AAC if that’s the best they can do. Falls in line with their three regular season Umps.
At least place the camera up to the fence. I’ll skip the video today if I have to look through a fence all day and go with Graff’s call.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:00 am

ROLL GREEN WAVE !!!!
Robin Roberts Field is across the street from Spectrum Field, where they played yesterday.

According to the Tulane Greenwave.com article it will be on the same AAC network as yesterday. But during yesterday's broadcast they repeatedly said it will not be televised. They hinted, but didn't openly say, that there was only one broadcast crew.
As I posted above the game will be available for free on the conference website. it is linked with facebook this year but I don't believe you have to have facebook to get the broadcast. It won't be on TV.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I just LOL'ed. Seriously.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 9:53 am
I just LOL'ed. Seriously.
Embarrassing
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Anyone have any scores? Who won the UH vs UCF game? The AAC Website isn't updating, and I get an error message when I click on the live stats button next to the games.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houston won.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Roper on fire with 5 K's thru 3 innings.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Spoon with a two run dinger and Wave is up 2-0 in bottom of the 3rd.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Don't want to jinx anything, but maybe, just maybe, we finally have a fire lit under our asses.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)