#12 ECU Sweeps Tulane

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Gillies on top of it:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 335e1.html

He touches on it here but in a more detailed version on our Rivals site he admitted that he got unsettled by their coach asking for his belt to be checked. Gave up the three hits and then settled down and got back in rhythm.
Last edited by winwave on Sun May 06, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I hope Roper can get over his early inning issues and give us a good start to the weekend.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
torbida
Surge

tonites game.......too many walks. Just throw it over the plate stop nibbling and just wasted closer for weekend. Will be going to Orlando for final 2 games but hoping next year we have new pitching coach that will teach pounding strike zone
torbida
Surge

tomorrow East Carolina will learn to fear the "belt"
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave loses game one 9 to 5.
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave loses game two 8 to 3. Gillies losing pitcher.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Just poor all the way around. Johnson showed again that he should be moved into the weekend rotation.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

We suck. Jewitt needs to go.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:00 pm Just poor all the way around. Johnson showed again that he should be moved into the weekend rotation.
Skipped every game of this series. Enjoyed my no Tulane weekend. Friday night attended HS baseball playoff game St Paul’s vs Jesuit, Saturday Jazz Fest, and today Pelicans game. Lost interest in Tulane baseball.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
torbida
Surge

purchased all access to watch todays game.........what was I thinking? Plan on going to Orlando 18th 19th to watch games vs UCF but strongly thinking about nixing idea who wants to watch sorry effort?.. Pitching coach needs to be gone- cant teach kids to pound strike zone also wondering if Jewett needs to be gone as well.
Profoundwizard
Swell

torbida wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:23 pm purchased all access to watch todays game.........what was I thinking? Plan on going to Orlando 18th 19th to watch games vs UCF but strongly thinking about nixing idea who wants to watch sorry effort?.. Pitching coach needs to be gone- cant teach kids to pound strike zone also wondering if Jewett needs to be gone as well.
I can’t see them firing Jewett even though it should be something that is strongly considered. He absolutely has to bring in a new pitching coach
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Where have I herd the pitching coach needs to go before? :mrgreen:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

torbida wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:23 pm purchased all access to watch todays game.........what was I thinking? Plan on going to Orlando 18th 19th to watch games vs UCF but strongly thinking about nixing idea who wants to watch sorry effort?.. Pitching coach needs to be gone- cant teach kids to pound strike zone also wondering if Jewett needs to be gone as well.
Root Canal or Frontal Lobotomy sounds much more pleasant, and one hell of a lot less painful
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave swept losing game three 6 to 1. Bates losing pitcher.
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

tpstulane wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:08 pm
winwave wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:00 pm Just poor all the way around. Johnson showed again that he should be moved into the weekend rotation.
Skipped every game of this series. Enjoyed my no Tulane weekend. Friday night attended HS baseball playoff game St Paul’s vs Jesuit, Saturday Jazz Fest, and today Pelicans game. Lost interest in Tulane baseball.
Also skipped every game this weekend. I can’t remember missing a home Conference series against a quality opponent in years. Just no interest. I hate to see such a successful baseball program drop so far.
Show Me
Tsunami

Profoundwizard wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:31 pm
I can’t see them firing Jewett even though it should be something that is strongly considered. He absolutely has to bring in a new pitching coach
No decent pitching coach is going to come here and risk a one and done because we may have another losing season next year. Then Dannen will be forced to clean house. I see absolutely nothing now that would make me think we will get a Regional bid next year. Our league foes have passed us by. We were picked 2nd to last this year and that’s probably going to happen.
torbida
Surge

This weekends series vs Memphis will be interesting......Memphis can't hit but they have decent pitching and play hard. They probably can just sit at the plate draw walks make each game tight. This series will determine if I go to Orlando or not I'm getting tired of watching pathetic play that decent coaching should correct like walks .Sure would like to know why Jewett was picked over other candidates.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

A pitching coach is only a fraction of what this team needs. Our field play is atrocious at times. Has anyone compared stats to previous years? I can't ever remember seeing this many errors in a season.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
torbida
Surge

torbida wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:59 pm This weekends series vs Memphis will be interesting......Memphis can't hit but they have decent pitching and play hard. They probably can just sit at the plate draw walks make each game tight. This series will determine if I go to Orlando or not I'm getting tired of watching pathetic play that decent coaching should correct like walks .Sure would like to know why Jewett was picked over other candidates.
NOLABigSteve wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:19 pm A pitching coach is only a fraction of what this team needs. Our field play is atrocious at times. Has anyone compared stats to previous years? I can't ever remember seeing this many errors in a season.
I agree a change needs to be made ....constantly seeing same silly errors walks not making pitchers work against you and whatever coaches are trying to do behind the scenes doesnt seem to work.Tulane can and should be good in baseball.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:19 pm A pitching coach is only a fraction of what this team needs. Our field play is atrocious at times. Has anyone compared stats to previous years? I can't ever remember seeing this many errors in a season.
I agree. In fact the stats wouldn't truly reflect how bad we are as we just make a lot of boneheaded decisions that don't get counted as errors. Then throw on top of that our official scorer's tendency to score things as hits that were clearly errors.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Mandeville Wave wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:08 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 3:08 pm
Also skipped every game this weekend. I can’t remember missing a home Conference series against a quality opponent in years. Just no interest. I hate to see such a successful baseball program drop so far.
ATTN: ATHLETICS DEPT: When two of your most ardent supporters are skipping an entire weekend series against a very well ranked opponent, THERE NEEDS TO BE CHANGES made. The baseball program was Cowen's "front porch" and now it's ugly. Fix it ASAP. Don't ignore the problem, get it done.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Here’s how you lose fans: Consecutive losing seasons with no sign of any postseason hopes. You give the avg Tulane fan (even a diehard) a reason to seek out other entertaining ways to use one’s time and money. Once the fan finds life outside of Tulane there’s little hope that he or she will return unless it’s multiple winning and post season appearances. For me to attend a home baseball game it takes around 5 1/2 hours of my day. (2 hours travel, 3 1/2 game time). Add to that the expense of gas, tolls, game ticket, plus food and drink money. By missing 3 games I had around 16 1/2 hours of extra time for a lot of other things plus some extra $$$ for dinner etc. I’m not sure if I’ll be attending this weekend series vs Memphis. Three meaningless games IMO.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:10 am Here’s how you lose fans: Consecutive losing seasons with no sign of any postseason hopes. You give the avg Tulane fan (even a diehard) a reason to seek out other entertaining ways to use one’s time and money. Once the fan finds life outside of Tulane there’s little hope that he or she will return unless it’s multiple winning and post season appearances. For me to attend a home baseball game it takes around 5 1/2 hours of my day. (2 hours travel, 3 1/2 game time). Add to that the expense of gas, tolls, game ticket, plus food and drink money. By missing 3 games I had 16 1/2 hours of extra time for a lot of other things plus some extra $$$ for dinner etc. I’m not sure if I’ll be attending this weekend series vs Memphis. Three meaningless games IMO.
Actually the problem is bigger than that. In the last 10 seasons we have only gone to the postseason twice. That's why so many have stopped coming. The attendance started going down a good while ago. With this performance the problem just keeps getting worse. I can't imagine what will happen if they don't change the pitching coach. It's now something that the few left at the games are talking about.
IM42lane
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:10 am Here’s how you lose fans: Consecutive losing seasons with no sign of any postseason hopes. You give the avg Tulane fan (even a diehard) a reason to seek out other entertaining ways to use one’s time and money. Once the fan finds life outside of Tulane there’s little hope that he or she will return unless it’s multiple winning and post season appearances. For me to attend a home baseball game it takes around 5 1/2 hours of my day. (2 hours travel, 3 1/2 game time). Add to that the expense of gas, tolls, game ticket, plus food and drink money. By missing 3 games I had around 16 1/2 hours of extra time for a lot of other things plus some extra $$$ for dinner etc. I’m not sure if I’ll be attending this weekend series vs Memphis. Three meaningless games IMO.
I am in about the same situation. It costs a lot of time and money for me to continue to be a die-hard.
This whole athletic season of losing (football, hoops, and now baseball) has worn me down. Until some sport (other than golf, tennis, beach volleyball, bowling, etc.) shows me a reason to have hope, it makes no sense for me to continue to travel from Red Stick to support Tulane athletics. This is all very depressing.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Wave755
Tsunami

IM42lane wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:51 am
tpstulane wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:10 am Here’s how you lose fans: Consecutive losing seasons with no sign of any postseason hopes. You give the avg Tulane fan (even a diehard) a reason to seek out other entertaining ways to use one’s time and money. Once the fan finds life outside of Tulane there’s little hope that he or she will return unless it’s multiple winning and post season appearances. For me to attend a home baseball game it takes around 5 1/2 hours of my day. (2 hours travel, 3 1/2 game time). Add to that the expense of gas, tolls, game ticket, plus food and drink money. By missing 3 games I had around 16 1/2 hours of extra time for a lot of other things plus some extra $$$ for dinner etc. I’m not sure if I’ll be attending this weekend series vs Memphis. Three meaningless games IMO.
I am in about the same situation. It costs a lot of time and money for me to continue to be a die-hard.
This whole athletic season of losing (football, hoops, and now baseball) has worn me down. Until some sport (other than golf, tennis, beach volleyball, bowling, etc.) shows me a reason to have hope, it makes no sense for me to continue to travel from Red Stick to support Tulane athletics. This is all very depressing.
Hang in there, football kicks off 8/30 v. Wake Forest @ Yulman.