Tulane in NFL draft 2018

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
JerseyWave
Riptide

My predictions for Tulane guys moving onto the NFL in 2018...

Parry Nickerson 5th round pick, if not for issues with his knee he would go higher
Ade Aruna 7th round pick, I feel he underachieved at Tulane, NFL coaching might realize his potential
Dontrel Hilliard, free agent, he will be a steal! I think he's better than Darkwa and Kelley and both are having respectable NFL careers since going undrafted.

Tanner Lee......undrafted, Saints will invite him to their camp

winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It's funny Jersey started this thread the way he did. I was thinking about a poll: Which Tulanian (or former Greenie) would be drafted first:
1. Parry Nickerson
2. Ade Aruna
3. Dontrell Hilliard
4. Tanner Lee.

Frankly, I think Lee is the last one of the 4 to get picked. Perry did a whole lot, particularly his Senior year to get the scout's attention. Aruna was a combine BEAST. Hilliard has been talked up on the NFL network here and there, and will probably be a late round flyer. Lee has at least 8 QB's ahead of him in a year that's not considered a great QB year. My Giants have the second pick, and, despite Eli's age, are probably going to hold off another year before drafting their next franchise QB.

What do you guys think?

BTW: It was interesting to note that there were only 16 - 18 AAC players invited to the Combine and two were from Tulane (and Hilliard should have been invited..)
Last edited by DfromCT on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I think Parry will get drafted before his evil twin Perry. :D

I think most see it in the same order. Badie will get a UFA contract. Wilson will likely get a camp invite and Marbley may too. Franklin might also get a look.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:16 pm I think Parry will get drafted before his evil twin Perry. :D

I think most see it in the same order. Badie will get a UFA contract. Wilson will likely get a camp invite and Marbley may too. Franklin might also get a look.
Right on with the spelling of Mr. Nickerson's first name! I made the correction, sorry Mr. Mayor! ;)

I do hope HIlliard gets drafted, if not that he signs and sticks with a team. Marbley was an outstanding College LB, but not sure if he's an NFL talent. I wish him and all the Greenies the best.

Looking forward to the 30th of August.

ROLL WAVE!
wave97
Swell

Ade will be a steal by the seventh round. He played a three and five with a low to no-contact spring to tune up for his senior year. Any NFL team should dial into Ade as a 5/7/9 end within an even front. Ade should go before Parry.. Ade will flourish in the NFL. Let us all hope that Tanzel & Ade stay close to the program and encourage young d-lineman to seriously consider Tulane as a viable option for preparation and entry into the NFL..
nawlinspete
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:46 pm My predictions for Tulane guys moving onto the NFL in 2018...

Parry Nickerson 5th round pick, if not for issues with his knee he would go higher
Ade Aruna 7th round pick, I feel he underachieved at Tulane, NFL coaching might realize his potential
Dontrel Hilliard, free agent, he will be a steal! I think he's better than Darkwa and Kelley and both are having respectable NFL careers since going undrafted.

Tanner Lee......undrafted, Saints will invite him to their camp

Reply:

Tanner lee will ! Be great ! With the SAints, after all Curtis Johnson will be talking up how great Lee is .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
dpm wave
Swell

I think both Nickerson and Aruna go in the 5th.
Hilliard may go in the 7th.
Badie, Marbley, Wilson and Lee will all be UDFA.
The Saints will not be the ones to bring in Lee.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Parry goes in the 6th round to the Jets. Congrats!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:51 pm Parry goes in the 6th round to the Jets. Congrats!
Go Parry!

Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ade picked in the 6th going to the Vikings. Got get 'em Ade!
dpm wave
Swell

winwave wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:31 pm Ade picked in the 6th going to the Vikings. Got get 'em Ade!
CBS grades the pick--(A-)

Tall, strong DE with freakish linear explosion. Needs to get more active with his hands and play as penetrator role. Mike Zimmer can get the most out of him.
Intimidating presence at around 6-6, 270 pounds with tentacles for arms. Mostly slow-footed when attacking and doesn't possess pass-rushing moves yet has snaps when he fires off the ball with ridiculous speed to the quarterback. Intriguing prospect.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

dpm wave
Swell

http://twitter.com/WGNOsports/status/990403697095204864 Browns have Nick Chubb, Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson on the roster.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Just remember that these "experts" really know no more than the average fan. I remember Mel Kiper commenting on the Colts picking Marshall Faulk very early in the draft: "This is why the Colts are always picking in the lottery." Well, as we know, Marshall Faulk was a first round Hall of Fame inductee. So much for Kiper's "expert" status!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ade Aruna was cut by the Las Vegas Raiders yesterday. He has yet to play a down in the NFL. Hilliard is still with the Browns, I believe, and Nickerson is with the Jags. Is there anyone else from this class still playing?

As of mid June, we had 11 active players and 1 reserve on NFL rosters. A few of them are likely to be out of football by mid September.

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-d ... lane/92131
winwave
Top of the WAVE

IIRC Ade had some type of major injury early in his rookie year.
squilz
Low Tide

winwave wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:14 am IIRC Ade had some type of major injury early in his rookie year.
Yep. And seems like some lingering issues with it as well. Rough. I had a few classes with him in undergrad and he was just the nicest guy. Everyone on campus loved him.
wave97
Swell

That injury was a tough break for Ade. I was watching the game when he was hurt. I hope he recovers completely and finds a team willing to give him a chance.
If not, St. Paul/Minneapolis has a large resident African population. I am sure he'll do well with whatever he pursues.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:28 pm That injury was a tough break for Ade. I was watching the game when he was hurt. I hope he recovers completely and finds a team willing to give him a chance.
If not, St. Paul/Minneapolis has a large resident African population. I am sure he'll do well with whatever he pursues.
You were watching a Vikings pre-season game?

He was most recently cut by the Raiders, whom he signed with in December 2019, was waived in late July and signed back on August 8th only to be waived again two days ago. I don't know where he's living these days, but he played HS basketball and football (his Junior and Senior years) in Indiana. I hope he signs somewhere and gets a chance to play in the NFL.