Tulane Beats TSU 8-2

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

White Hot:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 1f257.html

Massey will get the start.
Last edited by winwave on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane wins 8-2. Couldn't have asked for more from Massey. His outing really helped out the staff. Happy for him. Triple Play. Took care of business.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

First Triple Play I’ve seen since 2005 CSF. https://twitter.com/greenwavebsb/status ... 1028757505
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Nice!!!
galvezwave
Swell

8-4 in last 12. 14 to go. Considering where this team was it’s nice to have a little hope. Can they make a serious run and finish like 11-3?that would leave a record of 31-25 and going into the tournament with some confidence.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Great win for the team! Keep it going! There is hope.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We need to win all four remaining conference series, with a sweep or two included. A tall order, given how competitive the conference is this year. UCF, ECU and UConn are all quality teams at least as good as we are. At a bare minimum, we need to make the AAC tournament.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We'll make the tournament. Memphis will be the one missing it. I think you meant to say USF not UCF.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:34 pm We'll make the tournament. Memphis will be the one missing it. I think you meant to say USF not UCF.
I didn't realize that only 9 teams in the AAC play baseball, I thought 3 teams didn't make the tournament. You are right, Memphis has already clinched missing the AAC tournament, the other 8 will include Tulane.

I definitely did NOT mean USF. We've played them and don't play them again unless we meet up with them in the AAC tournament. UCF is our last series of the year, and they have the same conference record we do (6-6) but are something like 27-14 overall. The Knights are 5-4 versus top 25 teams and 20-6 at home. Yes, USF is ranked, but UCF is whom we are concerned about coming down the stretch, and they're pretty damned good.
Last edited by DfromCT on Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:07 am
winwave wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:34 pm We'll make the tournament. Memphis will be the one missing it. I think you meant to say USF not UCF.
I thought three or four teams don't make the AAC tournament? Am I wrong, or does only the top 8 make it?

I definitely did NOT mean USF. We've played them and don't play them again unless we meet up with them in the AAC tournament. UCF is our last series of the year, and they have the same conference record we do (6-6) but are something like 27-14 overall. The Knights are 5-4 versus top 25 teams and 20-6 at home. Yes, USF is ranked, but UCF is whom we are concerned about coming down the stretch, and they're pretty damned good.
Only the last place finisher stays home.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:11 am
I thought three or four teams don't make the AAC tournament? Am I wrong, or does only the top 8 make it?

The "Last Place Finisher" will be......SMU, stayin' home and enjoying life on Mockingbird Lane
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
IM42lane
Swell

Look at the LOSS column to really see where each team stands.

2018 American Baseball (as of: 04/26/2018)

School - League - Overall

Houston --- 10-5 25-16
E. C. U. --- 8-4 30-9
U. S. F. --- 9-6 27-14
U. Conn. --- 7-5 23-12-1
Cincinnati --- 8-7 19-19
Tulane --- 6-6 20-22
U. C. F. --- 7-8 27-14
Wichita St. --- 4-8 27-12
Memphis --- 1-11 14-28

Wichita State is only 3 games ahead of Memphis at this point. They definitely need to pick up their performance over the last half of the season to finish 8th and qualify for the league tournament.

Meanwhile, Tulane continues to "hang in there and remain relevant".
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The UCF website lists their AAC record as 6-6. Looking at results on their schedule, Pete is correct, they are 7-8 in conference.
IM42lane
Swell

galvezwave wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:20 am 8-4 in last 12. 14 to go. Considering where this team was it’s nice to have a little hope. Can they make a serious run and finish like 11-3?that would leave a record of 31-25 and going into the tournament with some confidence.
I would be happy with a 9-5 or 8-6 finish at this point. At least they would finish with a non-losing record for a change.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
IM42lane
Swell

IM42lane wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:11 am

Look at the LOSS column (within the LEAGUE standings) to really see where each team stands.

2018 American Baseball (as of: 04/26/2018)

School - League - Overall

Houston --- 10-5 25-16
E. C. U. --- 8-4 30-9
U. S. F. --- 9-6 27-14
U. Conn. --- 7-5 23-12-1
Cincinnati --- 8-7 19-19
Tulane --- 6-6 20-22
U. C. F. --- 7-8 27-14
Wichita St. --- 4-8 27-12
Memphis --- 1-11 14-28

Wichita State is only 3 games ahead of Memphis at this point . They definitely need to pick up their performance over the last half of the season to finish 8th and qualify for the league tournament.

Meanwhile, Tulane continues to "hang in there and remain relevant".
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
IM42lane
Swell

Regards,
"Pete" Madere
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Pete, I thought I posted this: The UCF website lists their baseball record accurately, but only showed them as 6-6 in conference. You were right, they're 7-8 in conference.

http://ucfknights.com/schedule.aspx?path=baseball
IM42lane
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:21 pm
Pete, I thought I posted this: The UCF website lists their baseball record accurately, but only showed them as 6-6 in conference. You were right, they're 7-8 in conference.

You did, and I saw it. I just wanted to put up that link from the AAC which gives a more detailed look at the conference baseball standings. It is always up-to-date .

Wichita State plays at U. C. F. next. If the Shockers lose that series, they will have 10 conference losses (maybe 11) They would be getting to the point where they can not lose any more conference games. They have a good overall record, but their AAC record is not so strong. I would wonder if they really deserve an at-large NCAA bid with that resume (if it plays out that way, of course).

Houston and E. C. U. play each other next. The series winner would probably be in control of their own destiny when it comes to a regular season conference championship.

Tulane is really not out of it yet . They can NOT finish the season badly, of course. If Tulane can put together at least an 8-6 finish together (or hopefully better), then they could pull an upset and win their way into postseason with an AAC tournament championship invite.
]
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

IM42lane wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:01 pm
DfromCT wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:21 pm

You did, and I saw it. I just wanted to put up that link from the AAC which gives a more detailed look at the conference baseball standings. It is always up-to-date .

Wichita State plays at U. C. F. next. If the Shockers lose that series, they will have 10 conference losses (maybe 11) They would be getting to the point where they can not lose any more conference games. They have a good overall record, but their AAC record is not so strong. I would wonder if they really deserve an at-large NCAA bid with that resume (if it plays out that way, of course).

Houston and E. C. U. play each other next. The series winner would probably be in control of their own destiny when it comes to a regular season conference championship.

Tulane is really not out of it yet . They can NOT finish the season badly, of course. If Tulane can put together at least an 8-6 finish together (or hopefully better), then they could pull an upset and win their way into postseason with an AAC tournament championship invite.
]
We have to win the AAC tournament to get in. Our RPI is just terrible at 100.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Practically that's true. Theoretically our RPI could make a huge jump with he opponents we have left IF we went on a winning streak.