Wave finally beats UNO, 4-3

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:The source was tps not Smith. He never mentioned who they played tonight. They had a separate article about UNO's game written by someone else and it said they played Southern.
I saw it. UNO won 7-5. Southern lost its 9th straight.
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... c8626.html
Not sure what you're saying. The article you posted was about the game UNO played tonight. Smith's article never mentioned who UNO played tonight:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 263c1.html
Just saying UNO played tonight and won. I guess the “rungs” were better then what we faced.
Then your response to chain makes no sense since Smith never wrote that UNO was playing LSU.
Yes it’s does. It’s in reference to the “rungs” story that I quoted the Advocate on in my first post.
I was referring to you mistakenly saying UNO was playing LSU last night instead of Southern. Your response came across to me as saying Smith had posted it and you read it in his article.

As for the bottom rungs comment I didn't care for it either but it is factually true when you look at UNO's stats. They did throw better pitchers last night. That's on Dean. Also what always gets lost on fans and media with regards to mid week games is that the line-ups are still the same. Our pitchers stepped up for once. That's the second good outing by Price as he should have only given up a single. More importantly Bates looked like he did in his first start where he had control of the good stuff that he has. May that carry to this weekend.
Yes. You and nawlinspete. I told you what I was saying (“rungs”) on every post but you refused to accept it. That was Guerry’s quote not mine. Obviously chain-gang understood for whom I was responding to.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

So you were wrong about UNO playing LSU and Smith wasn't wrong about it. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:So you were wrong about UNO playing LSU and Smith wasn't wrong about it. :mrgreen:
Unlike some I have no problem admitting a mistake. It’s rare but I do make them. :mrgreen:
But I never said that LSU quote came from Smith. Only the “rung” comment.
And when one is wrong it’s more credible come clean and admit to it. IMO it’s much more important to have correct information out there then try to continue a argument just to try to cover up a mistake or misinformation.

From my post at 2:27pm yesterday where I admitted my error.
Oops. They should have saved their “rungs” for the other Baton Rouge school. :oops:
Now you can admit you were wrong on assuming chain was referring to something other than the “rung” comment by G. Smith and we’ll call it even on this one. :D
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

When I make a mistake I always admit it. I was clear that I was talking about who UNO was playing and where the mistake came from. Chain's response included your whole quote including the part about UNO playing LSU. Easy to see how one could have misread that to think the mistake about who UNO was playing was being put off on someone else. That's all.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Pepper
Swell

The day a certain somebody in this audience admits he is wrong, our football team will be in a BCS bowl, the basketball team will be in the final 4 and the baseball team will be in Omaha!
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Well this should be a great year.
Pepper
Swell

winwave wrote:Well this should be a great year.

LMAO!!!!!
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.