Tulane Loses the WSU Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12004
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:46 pm

Last edited by winwave on Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Find A Way!
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7590
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:54 pm

EXECUTION !!!...Saw the headline, and brought back memories of John McKay and the Tampa Bay Buc's !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12004
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:22 pm

LOL. Golf when I posted it I thought of you and knew you'd bring that up. That was hilarious at the time.
Find A Way!
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12004
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:23 pm

Preview:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/4/ ... eries.aspx

Tomorrow's game has been moved up to noon and can be seen on ESPN3 as can the other two games.
Find A Way!
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2768
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:49 am

winwave wrote:Preview:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/4/ ... eries.aspx

Tomorrow's game has been moved up to noon and can be seen on ESPN3 as can the other two games.
Damn. You just ruined my weekend.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5161
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:55 am

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:Preview:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/4/ ... eries.aspx

Tomorrow's game has been moved up to noon and can be seen on ESPN3 as can the other two games.
Damn. You just ruined my weekend.
Slow clap.
User avatar
GreenLantern
Swell
Posts: 1589
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:24 am

mbawavefan12 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:Preview:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/4/ ... eries.aspx

Tomorrow's game has been moved up to noon and can be seen on ESPN3 as can the other two games.
Damn. You just ruined my weekend.
Slow clap.
Great opportunity to see the game and I certainly wish the Wave well. Unfortunately, l already had plans to organize my sock drawer and will be unable to watch.

This baseball season is strikingly similar to Sergio's play on number 15 yesterday:
  • Former winner.
  • Mistake after boneheaded mistake begets such a defeated attitude that nothing good can happen.
  • Ties record for biggest collapse.
  • Embarassment is worsened by the high expectations of his fans who were expecting a great performance by the former champion.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17668
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:30 am

GreenLantern wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:Preview:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/4/ ... eries.aspx

Tomorrow's game has been moved up to noon and can be seen on ESPN3 as can the other two games.
Damn. You just ruined my weekend.
Slow clap.
Great opportunity to see the game and I certainly wish the Wave well. Unfortunately, l already had plans to organize my sock drawer and will be unable to watch.

This baseball season is strikingly similar to Sergio's play on number 15 yesterday:
  • Former winner.
  • Mistake after boneheaded mistake begets such a defeated attitude that nothing good can happen.
  • Ties record for biggest collapse.
  • Embarassment is worsened by the high expectations of his fans who were expecting a great performance by the former champion.
:lol: :lol:
I have plans to watch paint dry around noon. :mrgreen:
Kidding of course since rain is expected here today. :lol:
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:48 pm

Watching at work. Up 8-0 in the 2nd with 1 out and Jensen on 2nd after a bases - clearing double. Who are these guys? We just knocked out their ace.

Still -- I hate to even say it, but .................you know.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12004
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:06 pm

Up 12-0 going to the bottom of the second. Yes, there's a lot of innings left.

3,2,1...
Find A Way!
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17668
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:07 pm

13-0 Wave. 11 run 2nd inning. 16 AB’s during the hit fest. Everyone in our lineup scored a run in the inning. Hopefully there’s a 15 run rule to end it early if we get 3 more.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:10 pm

All of a sudden we're patient at the plate. And it started with Artigues leading off the game - presto! - he walks and scores!
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17668
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:21 pm

14-0 the Wave assault continues!
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:36 pm

Boy, do we recognize that body language Wichita State is showing now! 16-1 and WSU is continuing to make errors and act like they'd like to be by a huge fireplace. It's good to see us walking around with a little pep and enjoying ourselves.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17668
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:14 pm

Had a shot to 15 run rule them. Now 16-4. Top 6. Shockers tie their record with 7 errors so far.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17668
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:49 pm

19-4 Final. Wave gets the 15 run rule after 7 complete.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:53 pm

Done. 19-4 ... after 7 ... 15-run rule. Go get a steak, get to bed early and don't gloat.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17668
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:06 pm

We usually win the Friday game of the series with Roper. Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday’s have been the problem days.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
IM42lane
Swell
Posts: 1886
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:36 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA 70817-6045
Contact:
Status: Offline

Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:25 pm

Houma de Wave wrote: Done. 19-4 ... after 7 ... 15-run rule. Go get a steak, get to bed early and don't gloat .
Agreed. Will someone please figure these guys out for me? I am STUMPED!!!!
With Regards to All, (& Keep it ROLLIN' . . .),

"Pete" M.

A.S. Madere

Tulane College A&S/ Navy ROTC 1974
User avatar
Bigschtick
Swell
Posts: 2284
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Southern California
Status: Offline

Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:03 pm

Great win though!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12004
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:23 pm

Fun way to start the weekend and much needed. Let's keep ROLLIN' !
Find A Way!
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1303
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:45 am

Currently as I post, it is 19 degrees in Wichita predicted to warm up briskly to 31 at noon and then 38 at 2pm.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7590
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:06 am

Houma de Wave wrote:Currently as I post, it is 19 degrees in Wichita predicted to warm up briskly to 31 at noon and then 38 at 2pm.
The cold front came thru scenic Georgetown about 1:15 Saturday morning...almost a 40 degree change in Temps form Friday...played Golf at 1:04 Friday afternoon in shorts and a lovely Tulane golf shirt....no shorts today...high today will be about 41 degrees....it was a wonderful 80 with very little humidity yesterday
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7590
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:03 pm

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17668
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:16 pm

Our usual Saturday down 9-1 bot 7th
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Post Reply