Tulane Loses the WSU Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

Final Game 2:
WSU 9
Wave 3

Show Me
Tsunami

Why doesn’t Jewett shake up the weekend staff? We need Gillies moved up to Saturday. Leave Roper on Friday. Anyone with a half of a baseball IQ would have done this weeks ago. You can’t continue to give up a bunch of runs on Saturday and expect to have a shot. We’re in Year 2 and they still don’t know how to manage a pitching staff. Not good.
TURVS71
Swell

Since baseball is so atrocious as of right now, I’ll make an unimportant suggestion. Our “Angry Wave” logo in the outfield needs to be in colors so that it is plainly visible .
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Yep
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

20 losses.
Do I hear 30, 35
Pepper
Swell

DaveBrownStreak wrote:20 losses.
Do I hear 30, 35
Ill take a stab. 32.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Do I hear 30, 35
Wow. Didn’t realize that. :oops:
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We have a lot of players that are playing on a regular basis at this level for the first time . The only position players that have played regularly before are Spoon and Gozzo. Pitching wise those with that experience are Gillies, Bjorngjeld, Massey, and Solesky. The hope was that as they gained experience they would gain confidence and the team would improve. Instead they are disintegrating before our eyes. Shitty ending to a pretty shitty year. Thank goodness the spring game is next weekend. They appear to be our only hope for next year. In Banks we trust. No pressure though. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Brutal season outside of Friday nights. Future looks just as bleak. Just calling it like I see it. I hate to be so pessimistic but I don’t see much hope for a turnaround. I’ve never seen Tulane baseball have back to back losing seasons and I’ve been following since Milt Retif days.
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

winwave wrote:We have a lot of players that are playing on a regular basis at this level for the first time . The only position players that have played regularly before are Spoon and Gozzo. Pitching wise those with that experience are Gillies, Bjorngjeld, Massey, and Solesky. The hope was that as they gained experience they would gain confidence and the team would improve. Instead they are disintegrating before our eyes. Shitty ending to a pretty shitty year. Thank goodness the spring game is next weekend. They appear to be our only hope for next year. In Banks we trust. No pressure though. :mrgreen:
Ugh. Baseball is BAD. I don't even want to imagine IF 2018 football tanks...
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Ruski
Swell

Will be interesting to see if dannen pushes for staff changes or the status quo remains from tricky Ricky.

AAC is a damned good baseball conference and Tulane should be pushing for the title most years. Inaction is unacceptable.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote:
Do I hear 30, 35
Ill take a stab. 32.
Pepper U are close, but I think 33 will be the "magic number"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tulanerules
Trickle

magic number more like tragic number
Show Me
Tsunami

Ruski wrote:Will be interesting to see if dannen pushes for staff changes or the status quo remains from tricky Ricky.

AAC is a damned good baseball conference and Tulane should be pushing for the title most years. Inaction is unacceptable.
What assistant coach is going to want to join the Titanic for one year? Dannen made a bad hire the sooner he realizes the better.
Pepper
Swell

Show Me wrote:
Ruski wrote:Will be interesting to see if dannen pushes for staff changes or the status quo remains from tricky Ricky.

What assistant coach is going to want to join the Titanic for one year? Dannen made a bad hire the sooner he realizes the better.
Thought the same thing. Plus, do you really trust the HC to make a good hire?
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:Why doesn’t Jewett shake up the weekend staff? We need Gillies moved up to Saturday. Leave Roper on Friday. Anyone with a half of a baseball IQ would have done this weeks ago. You can’t continue to give up a bunch of runs on Saturday and expect to have a shot. We’re in Year 2 and they still don’t know how to manage a pitching staff. Not good.
This is one thing most if not all agree with and it looks like it will finally happen this weekend. Gillies will move to Saturday and Bates on Sunday. Hopefully the move to Saturday will relieve the pressure on Gillies and he'll return to his earlier season form.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:Why doesn’t Jewett shake up the weekend staff? We need Gillies moved up to Saturday. Leave Roper on Friday. Anyone with a half of a baseball IQ would have done this weeks ago. You can’t continue to give up a bunch of runs on Saturday and expect to have a shot. We’re in Year 2 and they still don’t know how to manage a pitching staff. Not good.
This is one thing most if not all agree with and it looks like it will finally happen this weekend. Gillies will move to Saturday and Bates on Sunday. Hopefully the move to Saturday will relieve the pressure on Gillies and he'll return to his earlier season form.
Amen.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote:
For all my criticisms of Jewett, I don't really find anything wrong with leaving Gillies on Sunday. Why would a move to Saturday relieve pressure?
In reality we should win every Sunday with Gillies pitching because we have a huge advantage on the mound.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Yet we haven't. We win on Friday, lose on Saturday and the pressure is on him to win the series. No longer the case. He's a sophomore in his first year as a starter hopefully the move helps him and the team. Things clearly need to be changed up as we saw with the lineup tonight. Now we shake up the rotation. Worth a try.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote:Yet we haven't. We win on Friday, lose on Saturday and the pressure is on him to win the series. No longer the case. He's a sophomore in his first year as a starter hopefully the move helps him and the team. Things clearly need to be changed up as we saw with the lineup tonight. Now we shake up the rotation. Worth a try.
We haven't lost on Sunday's because there's too much pressure on Keagan. We've lost because the offense has given him no run support. So the pressure aspect is a non-factor.
I guess anything is worth a try when you're as bad as we've been but I don't fault Jewett at all for leaving Gillies on Sunday for this long.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

His last two outings say otherwise. Furthermore he has been one of our top two starters. So go with him on Saturday and try and be up 2-0 and put the pressure on the other team. I heard TJ's reasoning behind having him on Sunday's but it was just a classic case of a coach out thinking himself.
Profoundwizard
Swell

I don’t think Those two outings were evidence of pressure getting to him. Those were just a bit of a regression to the mean and some bad defense behind him. If he couldn’t handle the pressure of pitching a random Sunday in March, he probably wouldn’t be very good. But he is, so I’m fairly confident that pressure wasn’t an issue.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I don't consider any game day a random day. Especially conference games. As others have said put your best two out there on Friday and Saturday. Everybody at every level does.
Profoundwizard
Swell

winwave wrote:I don't consider any game day a random day. Especially conference games. As others have said put your best two out there on Friday and Saturday. Everybody at every level does.
True for most teams but definitely not every team at every level.