Tulane/LSU FB Camp 2018

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I hope we find some great talent at these camps for another outstanding recruiting class.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
wave97
Swell

We can thank Ed Orgeron for his participation in our camp. They'll be kids coming in far and wide that otherwise would not have. I hope LSU football prospers under their current staff who sees value in directing talent (particularly in-state), towards us rather than their SEC and Big 12 rivals.
Let us hope that we once again become the default second school in recruiting Louisiana talent.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

wave97 wrote:We can thank Ed Orgeron for his participation in our camp. They'll be kids coming in far and wide that otherwise would not have. I hope LSU football prospers under their current staff who sees value in directing talent (particularly in-state), towards us rather than their SEC and Big 12 rivals.
Let us hope that we once again become the default second school in recruiting Louisiana talent.
Personally, I'm not a fan of the shared camps with LSU, but, if Tulane signs another solid recruiting class in 2018, I will be a believer as that would be a game changer.

On way off topic subjects, ESPN predicts LSU will win 6 games in the 2018 regular season, and, if Tulane could win at least 1 more game than LSU in the same season, that could be another game changer.
wave97
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
wave97 wrote:We can thank Ed Orgeron for his participation in our camp. They'll be kids coming in far and wide that otherwise would not have. I hope LSU football prospers under their current staff who sees value in directing talent (particularly in-state), towards us rather than their SEC and Big 12 rivals.
Personally, I'm not a fan of the shared camps with LSU, but, if Tulane signs another solid recruiting class in 2018, I will be a believer as that would be a game changer.

On way off topic subjects, ESPN predicts LSU will win 6 games in the 2018 regular season, and, if Tulane could win at least 1 more game than LSU in the same season, that could be another game changer.
I agree. Playing well against and defeating the p5 teams on our future ooc schedule will go far in waking up the locals to the transformation happening uptown.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Hadn’t heard anything Tulane but LSU lands a great kicker at the camp.
http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2018/ ... leans_news
York of Proper (Texas) High, rated the nation's No. 2 placekicker and No. 2 punter by Kohl's, one of the nation's top kicking camps, committed to LSU Sunday afternoon.

He was offered by LSU coach Ed Orgeron at a joint LSU/Tulane prospect camp staged at the New Orleans Saints practice facility.
Tulane Class of 1981
swampnik
Surge

tpstulane wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:56 am Hadn’t heard anything Tulane but LSU lands a great kicker at the camp.
York of Proper (Texas) High, rated the nation's No. 2 placekicker and No. 2 punter by Kohl's, one of the nation's top kicking camps, committed to LSU Sunday afternoon.

He was offered by LSU coach Ed Orgeron at a joint LSU/Tulane prospect camp staged at the New Orleans Saints practice facility.
Did we not land a no. 1/2 type national punter and combo QB in last years recruiting class,
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Ruski
Swell

swampnik wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 4:35 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:56 am Hadn’t heard anything Tulane but LSU lands a great kicker at the camp.

Did we not land a no. 1/2 type national punter and combo QB in last years recruiting class,
Ryan Wright was rated #4 by Kohl's for punting. Can't find anything about him being a placekicker.
Ruski
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:27 pm

I think in order to really gain traction, Tulane would need to beat Wake and at least put some pressure on OSU first half. Would make for some fun internet banter!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

swampnik wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 4:35 pm

We've signed several kickers with high ratings from Kohl's recently and they haven't panned out.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 4:58 pm
Aberzombie1892 wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:27 pm

I think in order to really gain traction, Tulane would need to beat Wake and at least put some pressure on OSU first half. Would make for some fun internet banter!
No doubt. We need to be 3-0 and play well for 4 quarters up there to start getting our fans to pay attention again.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Glad we could help LSU out... 🙄
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Aberzombie1892
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 6:58 am Glad we could help LSU out... 🙄
Yeah I still feel like LSU benefits more from Tulane not holding camps with out of state P5s than Tulane does. If the goal is to weaken LAU’s stranglehold on Louisiana recruits, Tulane should be bringing in Texas or TCU and the like.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Here’s an update on all camp commitments.
https://www.nola.com/expo/erry-2018/05/ ... ne_ha.html

Video https://twitter.com/amos_moraleiii/stat ... 6642878464 https://twitter.com/amos_moraleiii/stat ... 7575632898 https://twitter.com/amos_moraleiii/stat ... 3770743810
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:03 am If the goal is to weaken LAU’s stranglehold on Louisiana recruits, Tulane should be bringing in Texas or TCU and the like.
Is that the the goal, though? If it is, it is a short-sighted one.

Like it or not, we aren't in the position to compete with LSU for the Blue Chips. You are kidding yourself if you think we can at this time. (Never say never!)

There is plenty of talent in Louisiana. We can make a lot of hay with the "scaps."

Like it or not, we aren't in any position to compete with Texas, TCU, etc. for the blue Chips. (Again, never say never!)

If you encourage other P5's to come in and take the cream of Louisiana talent than you force LSU to take kids that otherwise may have fallen to us.

If out-of-state schools drink LSU's milkshake than LSU is going to turn around and take ours.

Let's not cut off our nose to spite our face.

You may now commence with the indignant pearl-clutching.
God Bless Everyone!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I hear what you are saying ajcalhoun, and I do agree. But we all know a good 90% of the kids at this camp are here for LSU.

I'm asking... does LSU host a camp in BR and invite Tulane?
Roll Wave!
ajcalhoun
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:59 pm But we all know a good 90% of the kids at this camp are here for LSU.
I don't know how accurate that figure is but if it is then that means we got nine times as many potential recruits on our campus for a visit. That is a good thing. It is then up to our staff to sell them on staying here. It's a whole lot easier to sell to someone when they're in the door already.
NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:59 pmI'm asking... does LSU host a camp in BR and invite Tulane?
That is a good question that I don't have the answer to.
God Bless Everyone!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

ajcalhoun wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:28 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:59 pm But we all know a good 90% of the kids at this camp are here for LSU.
I don't know how accurate that figure is but if it is then that means we got nine times as many potential recruits on our campus for a visit. That is a good thing. It is then up to our staff to sell them on staying here. It's a whole lot easier to sell to someone when they're in the door already.
NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:59 pmI'm asking... does LSU host a camp in BR and invite Tulane?
That is a good question that I don't have the answer to.
The 90% was made up. I should have said majority.
Roll Wave!
ajcalhoun
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:55 pm The 90% was made up. I should have said majority.
My point is still the same. It got kids on campus that otherwise may not have given us the time of day.
God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We also heard stories from our last recruiting class of kids that came to the camp, learned there wasn't a fit at LSU and considered Tulane as a result. With a professional coaching staff (and hopefully a winning season under our belts) maybe more of those types give more serious consideration next year (after Tulane lands a few this year, too!)
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I agree with all of what y'all are saying. Just sucks when our state of affairs is so bad that hosting a camp with a former rival is the best way to get better players on our campus. My hate for LSU clearly outweighs most rational thoughts...
Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:50 pm I agree with all of what y'all are saying. Just sucks when our state of affairs is so bad that hosting a camp with a former rival is the best way to get better players on our campus. My hate for LSU clearly outweighs most rational thoughts...
You're not alone in feeling that way.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 6:20 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 4:50 pm I agree with all of what y'all are saying. Just sucks when our state of affairs is so bad that hosting a camp with a former rival is the best way to get better players on our campus. My hate for LSU clearly outweighs most rational thoughts...
You're not alone in feeling that way.
I'd bet a majority of the regular members of this board feel the same way.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Probably even more than that.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

My irrational Tulane fan brain TOTALLY agrees with NOLABigSteve! My rational Tulane fan brain says anything we need to do to improve recruiting we should do.

We need to play LSU on Thanksgiving EVERY YEAR IN PERPETUITY. Too bad Paul Tulane didn't put that in his gift to the State of Louisiana.