UNO Game 2 Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:Nine pitches, three strikeout's:

https://twitter.com/GreenWaveBSB/status ... 3547376640
reminds me of "Wild Thing" from "Major League' and Bob Uecker's commentary..."Just a bit outside"...."Ball 13"....if I remember correctly, most of the "game' footage was shot in old "County Stadium" in Milwaukee, right before it was torn down
We LOST the game. So who gives a crap about 9 pitches 3 strikeouts? WE LOST THE GAME.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We did lose the game .We also lost a lot of football games but yet people poinedt out positives in those efforts. We lost a lot of basketball games yet people rejoiced in MF's dunks. Doesn't negate the rare feat that he accomplished.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
kookingkajun
Low Tide

DfromCT..I have to agree with you on this one. I would rather pitch 45 pitches in 1 inning and win the game than 9 straight strikes and lose.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Quite a rare feat indeed. First time I can remember ever watching that happen in person because pitchers are usually instructed not to throw an 0-2 strike that is in zone range. And the Ump rarely calls an 0-2 strike for that same reason. I have seen a few 3 pitch innings over the years. Too bad it was for a wasted effort.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

So what if it was in a losing effort? That was as impressive an inning as I've ever seen and I'm glad it got shared here.
God Bless Everyone!