UNO Game 2 Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Tsunami

Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:31 am

golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:Nine pitches, three strikeout's:

https://twitter.com/GreenWaveBSB/status ... 3547376640
reminds me of "Wild Thing" from "Major League' and Bob Uecker's commentary..."Just a bit outside"...."Ball 13"....if I remember correctly, most of the "game' footage was shot in old "County Stadium" in Milwaukee, right before it was torn down
We LOST the game. So who gives a crap about 9 pitches 3 strikeouts? WE LOST THE GAME.

" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
winwave
Wild Pelican

Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:09 am

We did lose the game .We also lost a lot of football games but yet people poinedt out positives in those efforts. We lost a lot of basketball games yet people rejoiced in MF's dunks. Doesn't negate the rare feat that he accomplished.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
kookingkajun
Low Tide

Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:35 am

DfromCT..I have to agree with you on this one. I would rather pitch 45 pitches in 1 inning and win the game than 9 straight strikes and lose.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:40 am

Quite a rare feat indeed. First time I can remember ever watching that happen in person because pitchers are usually instructed not to throw an 0-2 strike that is in zone range. And the Ump rarely calls an 0-2 strike for that same reason. I have seen a few 3 pitch innings over the years. Too bad it was for a wasted effort.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:36 pm

So what if it was in a losing effort? That was as impressive an inning as I've ever seen and I'm glad it got shared here.
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.