Tulane loses the USF Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12303
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:59 pm

Last edited by winwave on Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
User avatar
chain gang x man
Swell
Posts: 1030
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:00 pm

Amazing we recruited these pitchers because they could throw strikes
Unless home plate is smaller in college or the distance from the pitching mound to home plate is not the same, Houston we have a problem
Are we changing the mechanics of our pitchers?
Is the artificial mound a problem?
Are the umpires squeezing us because of our reputation?
Are we not evaluating talent?

Any suggestions?
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7869
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:21 pm

chain gang x man wrote:
Amazing we recruited these pitchers because they could throw strikes
Unless home plate is smaller in college or the distance from the pitching mound to home plate is not the same, Houston we have a problem
Are we changing the mechanics of our pitchers?
Is the artificial mound a problem?
Are the umpires squeezing us because of our reputation?
Are we not evaluating talent?

Any suggestions?
1- the size of home plate is irrelevant, it is the size of the Umpires strike zone that may be an issue the distance is not 60 feet it is 60 feet 6 inches
2- If a Pitcher is succesful, and that is usually why you recruit them, why the hell change the mechanics, this usually leads to elbow and shoulder issues
3- Never pitched off fake mounds, but have felt a few in my day, so there is a difference
4- please see #1
5- we do not evaluate on talent, but on the ability to pay and pass
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1110
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:56 pm

It has nothing to do with the mounds. Our opponents have no problem with them and we are better at home than away.

It’s a mystery how we can be this bad at throwing strikes 2 years in a row with almost entirely new guys.
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1325
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:09 pm

Hence our pitchers have been “transformed” into sub-performers. Who’s doing the transformations....hmmmm.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12303
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:40 pm

No mystery at all. As I have said before the pitching coach should have been changed after last season.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1110
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:16 pm

winwave wrote:No mystery at all. As I have said before the pitching coach should have been changed after last season.
I don’t disagree but surely he’s not making them throw balls. Gillies has managed to improve.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12303
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:37 pm

Same problem two years in a row with mostly different pitchers. Tells me it's the coach.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1110
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:44 pm

winwave wrote:Same problem two years in a row with mostly different pitchers. Tells me it's the coach.
Obviously he isn’t getting the job done
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12303
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:59 pm

That's what I said in the first place.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1110
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:23 pm

Nobody disagreed. In fact, I was probably the 1st person to suggest that we need a better pitching coach last season.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12303
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:39 pm

We'd have to check timelines as I said it last year too. :mrgreen:
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17870
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:45 pm

Amazing. We strike out 17 times tonight and still win 3-2 thanks to Roper!
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1325
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:47 pm

tpstulane wrote:Amazing. We strike out 17 times tonight and still win 3-2 thanks to Roper!
Unbelievable win. Bedgood had 3 hits off McClanahan.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12303
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:54 pm

Tulane takes game 1. Roper had his best outing of the season. We beat a future first round pick in McClanahan who has been striking out everybody all season. Roper finally didn't have his early inning issues. We beat a good team on the road. It just makes it more frustrating when we do this and it gives a glimmer of hope but yet the history tells you they'll revert to poor play and lose the series.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12303
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:16 pm

Houma de Wave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Amazing. We strike out 17 times tonight and still win 3-2 thanks to Roper!
Unbelievable win. Bedgood had 3 hits off McClanahan.
Quite the performance by Bedgood. Kudos to him. Did Jensen's hamstring flare up?
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1325
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:24 pm

winwave wrote:
Houma de Wave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Amazing. We strike out 17 times tonight and still win 3-2 thanks to Roper!
Unbelievable win. Bedgood had 3 hits off McClanahan.
Quite the performance by Bedgood. Kudos to him. Did Jensen's hamstring flare up?
Jensen got food poisoning eating airport food. What luck! And Bedgood delivers.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17870
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:25 pm

winwave wrote:Tulane takes game 1. Roper had his best outing of the season. We beat a future first round pick in McClanahan who has been striking out everybody all season. Roper finally didn't have his early inning issues. We beat a good team on the road. It just makes it more frustrating when we do this and it gives a glimmer of hope but yet the history tells you they'll revert to poor play and lose the series.
We can beat anyone with Roper and Gillies. But if they can’t go at least 8 plus all bets off. Can’t win midweek to save our life.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12303
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:08 pm

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:Tulane takes game 1. Roper had his best outing of the season. We beat a future first round pick in McClanahan who has been striking out everybody all season. Roper finally didn't have his early inning issues. We beat a good team on the road. It just makes it more frustrating when we do this and it gives a glimmer of hope but yet the history tells you they'll revert to poor play and lose the series.
We can beat anyone with Roper and Gillies. But if they can’t go at least 8 plus all bets off. Can’t win midweek to save our life.
White has come on too to give us a good weekend rotation. After that it has been rough. Several of the relievers have had good outings but then they go back to being wild. I've said all along we need consistency but obviously the later it gets in the season it's tough to believe we'll find it.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12303
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:51 pm

Houma de Wave wrote:
winwave wrote:
Houma de Wave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Amazing. We strike out 17 times tonight and still win 3-2 thanks to Roper!
Unbelievable win. Bedgood had 3 hits off McClanahan.
Quite the performance by Bedgood. Kudos to him. Did Jensen's hamstring flare up?
Jensen got food poisoning eating airport food. What luck! And Bedgood delivers.
Nice of him to take one for the team. :mrgreen:
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 2691
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:33 pm

Game 2 @ Tampa after 2 innings:

USF 9, Wave 0 :shakingno: :afraid: :baeh:
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12303
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:35 pm

Wave755 wrote:Game 2 @ Tampa after 2 innings:

USF 9, Wave 0 :shakingno: :afraid: :baeh:
Not a Good Friday.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 2691
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:48 pm

Now USF 11, Wave 0 after 3 innings; White got creamed as starter and now Solesky is getting pounded too.

Mercy rule please!
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 2691
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:28 pm

14 to zip after 5 innings. :-x
Last edited by Wave755 on Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17870
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:01 pm

Have have two starting pitchers that we can count on. Roper and Gillies after that no one outside a guy or two in relief. We don’t hit good pitching either. Nothing to look forward with this baseball season. Just hope it doesn’t get much worse. If either Roper or Gillies has an injury it could really get ugly.
Final 14-3. The Wave avoids a shutout with a late FG. :mrgreen:
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Post Reply