Tulane Athletics

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7864
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:27 pm

looks like the Big 12 may be forced into expansion

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015 ... nship-game


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
OUG
Riptide
Posts: 2668
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:59 am
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:08 pm

jonathanjoseph wrote:
JDTulane wrote:GW had credibility?
Don't you go to his forum and play by his "rules"? You give him more than credibility.
GW is not JtS.

Unless you have evidence of that, which you should share.

Otherwise, these accusations get really lame.
Wavetime
Swell
Posts: 1136
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:11 am
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:42 pm

golfnut69 wrote:looks like the Big 12 may be forced into expansion

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015 ... nship-game
They got Oklahoma in this year. I still think the Big 12 waits till their contract is up to expand. I hope they wait, we are not ready.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7864
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:20 pm

Wavetime wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:looks like the Big 12 may be forced into expansion

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015 ... nship-game
They got Oklahoma in this year. I still think the Big 12 waits till their contract is up to expand. I hope they wait, we are not ready.
The Big 12 wants to play a championship game, but it does not want to expand... the Big 10 has filed against the NCAA for giving the approval for that game to happen, unless the Big 12 expands to the minimum requirement of 12 teams ...it was not about Oklahoma getting in this year
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wavetime
Swell
Posts: 1136
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:11 am
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:59 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
Wavetime wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:looks like the Big 12 may be forced into expansion

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015 ... nship-game
They got Oklahoma in this year. I still think the Big 12 waits till their contract is up to expand. I hope they wait, we are not ready.
The Big 12 wants to play a championship game, but it does not want to expand... the Big 10 has filed against the NCAA for giving the approval for that game to happen, unless the Big 12 expands to the minimum requirement of 12 teams ...it was not about Oklahoma getting in this year
I was trying to make the point that they got a team in the playoffs without a championship game. Thus, maybe they will wait till their contract is up. Who knows.....
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6250
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:40 pm

Green Wave wrote: This is the only board in the country that has the arrogance to think they know more than the official in charge of setting capacity for stadiums. The ridiculous RD comments I just love. Take a straightforward answer and add a little paranoia and it comes out garbage talk.
When did we EVER get a straightforward answer from Rick Dickson about the actual seating capacity at Yulman? I asked the question to his face and he turned around and left a few of us to discuss what a pompous ass he was. I asked it via email, and he let Yvette Jones answer, and her answer was "about 25,000." With SRO including bodies in the seats AND a full (indoor) Glazer Club, it might "get to about 30K" Ms. Jones said. When we had the season ticket selection tool the count of seats was 22,750. Yet you, and Rick D both choose to stick by your guns, saying "capacity" is 30k.

You are right, though. Rick Dickson is no longer the AD. Thank God for that.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:07 pm

OUG wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
JDTulane wrote:GW had credibility?
Don't you go to his forum and play by his "rules"? You give him more than credibility.
GW is not JtS.

Unless you have evidence of that, which you should share.

Otherwise, these accusations get really lame.
He's not? Says who? This is a social media forum, not a court of law.

Let's assume he's not JTS for a second, he's still one of the Dickson's lackeys sent out to whitewash the record and confuse fans. On the off chance it's not JTS, it's still someone who deserves to be treated with a lack of respect. That being said, we know who it is.
User avatar
Green Wave
Swell
Posts: 2137
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:44 am
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:40 pm

JTLiuzza wrote:
Green Wave wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote:
Green Wave wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Green Wave wrote:
wavemania wrote:I am still not sold. I think there were better qualified candidates. Tulane took the route of the guy who knows how to BS the most. He has never hired a coach, he inherited most, if not all, of the winning coaches. That is like giving RD credit for keeping Lisa. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I won't decide to renew season tickets until I see who his hire is. Needs to be a big tim slam dunk for me, otherwise I am done
I think a major part of the job is retaining coaches. It is by far not the only thing but, it is an integral part to success.
Look at this fool right here trying to give credit to Rick Dickson as if "retaining" Stockton is somehow a win for him.

Can't you leave the program now that your "special" friend Rick is gone?
Love and kisses Troll.

So, you don't thing retaining good coaches is a good think or, are you just trolling my posts?
I don't believe there's a person you could ask, except maybe the fire marshall, who would not thing that retaining good coaches is a good think. What's that smiley you always use? :mrgreen:
I don't think you can think JT. You and the guys(JW&JJ) are so bent from PTSD due to Tulane athletics there is no way you can carry on an objective conversation about Tulane. This is the only board in the country that has the arrogance to think they know more than the official in charge of setting capacity for stadiums. The ridiculous RD comments I just love. Take a straightforward answer and add a little paranoia and it comes out garbage talk.

JJ Cowen is no longer the President of Tulane. RD is no longer the AD. Don't you think it is time to move on from this?
There is no way on earth that I could ever rebut your rock solid presentation. You have me in a checkmate. I must rethink it all. I can't believe that I actually thought for a moment that you were simply an anonymous douche bag.
Cop out! :mrgreen:
The official word from the Fire Marshal on Yulman Stadium is 30k in capacity.
User avatar
Green Wave
Swell
Posts: 2137
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:44 am
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:51 pm

jonathanjoseph wrote:
OUG wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
JDTulane wrote:GW had credibility?
Don't you go to his forum and play by his "rules"? You give him more than credibility.
GW is not JtS.

Unless you have evidence of that, which you should share.

Otherwise, these accusations get really lame.
He's not? Says who? This is a social media forum, not a court of law.

Let's assume he's not JTS for a second, he's still one of the Dickson's lackeys sent out to whitewash the record and confuse fans. On the off chance it's not JTS, it's still someone who deserves to be treated with a lack of respect. That being said, we know who it is.
Nah social media is Twitter and Facebook. This is old school. People like you get erased from social media because you have nothing better to do than flame people that don't agree with you and make people out to be the devil (in your mind). Lack of respect? I am not the paranoid idiot flaming me every chance he gets. your ethics are in the toilet. No proof and you lash out at me because I don't see things the way you do.

JJ you are a paranoid delusional hack.

Imagine trying to justify spreading nonsense about me with no proof. You are just an unethical piece of SH$@!
The official word from the Fire Marshal on Yulman Stadium is 30k in capacity.
User avatar
OUG
Riptide
Posts: 2668
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:59 am
Status: Offline

Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:14 am

jonathanjoseph wrote:
OUG wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
JDTulane wrote:GW had credibility?
Don't you go to his forum and play by his "rules"? You give him more than credibility.
GW is not JtS.

Unless you have evidence of that, which you should share.

Otherwise, these accusations get really lame.
He's not? Says who? This is a social media forum, not a court of law.

Let's assume he's not JTS for a second, he's still one of the Dickson's lackeys sent out to whitewash the record and confuse fans. On the off chance it's not JTS, it's still someone who deserves to be treated with a lack of respect. That being said, we know who it is.
I literally don't get the connection you're drawing between JtS and GW at all, other than that you disagree with them both. There is no linkage in tone or language at all. You're saying it to troll him, but it's obnoxious and has sidetracked this thread even further.
JDTulane
Riptide
Posts: 4370
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:08 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:36 am

jonathanjoseph wrote:
OUG wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
JDTulane wrote:GW had credibility?
Don't you go to his forum and play by his "rules"? You give him more than credibility.
GW is not JtS.

Unless you have evidence of that, which you should share.

Otherwise, these accusations get really lame.
He's not? Says who? This is a social media forum, not a court of law.

Let's assume he's not JTS for a second, he's still one of the Dickson's lackeys sent out to whitewash the record and confuse fans. On the off chance it's not JTS, it's still someone who deserves to be treated with a lack of respect. That being said, we know who it is.
I'm a big boy. If I want to post 1-2x a week there vs my 30 or so a week here, I'm gonna do it. If you read my posts there, they're hardly within JTS' rule book. The hammer will again reign (rain?) upon me. :)
Image
User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 1896
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:47 am

jonathanjoseph wrote:
OUG wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
JDTulane wrote:GW had credibility?
Don't you go to his forum and play by his "rules"? You give him more than credibility.
GW is not JtS.

Unless you have evidence of that, which you should share.

Otherwise, these accusations get really lame.
He's not? Says who? This is a social media forum, not a court of law.

Let's assume he's not JTS for a second, he's still one of the Dickson's lackeys sent out to whitewash the record and confuse fans. On the off chance it's not JTS, it's still someone who deserves to be treated with a lack of respect. That being said, we know who it is.
Hitchens's razor: The burden of proof or onus in a debate lies with the claim-maker, and if he or she does not meet it, the opponent does not need to argue against the unfounded claim. "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:05 pm

OUG wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
OUG wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
JDTulane wrote:GW had credibility?
Don't you go to his forum and play by his "rules"? You give him more than credibility.
GW is not JtS.

Unless you have evidence of that, which you should share.

Otherwise, these accusations get really lame.
He's not? Says who? This is a social media forum, not a court of law.

Let's assume he's not JTS for a second, he's still one of the Dickson's lackeys sent out to whitewash the record and confuse fans. On the off chance it's not JTS, it's still someone who deserves to be treated with a lack of respect. That being said, we know who it is.
I literally don't get the connection you're drawing between JtS and GW at all, other than that you disagree with them both. There is no linkage in tone or language at all. You're saying it to troll him, but it's obnoxious and has sidetracked this thread even further.
Well the connection was pointed out to me by others who considered me late to the party. Meanwhile, they are identical in tone, content, all of the above. You make it seem like there are legions of people defending Rick Dickson's track record to sycophantic degrees.

Believe me, I'm not the one who brought up either Cowen or the fire marshall's capacity count in this thread.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:07 pm

Green Wave wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
OUG wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
JDTulane wrote:GW had credibility?
Don't you go to his forum and play by his "rules"? You give him more than credibility.
GW is not JtS.

Unless you have evidence of that, which you should share.

Otherwise, these accusations get really lame.
He's not? Says who? This is a social media forum, not a court of law.

Let's assume he's not JTS for a second, he's still one of the Dickson's lackeys sent out to whitewash the record and confuse fans. On the off chance it's not JTS, it's still someone who deserves to be treated with a lack of respect. That being said, we know who it is.
Nah social media is Twitter and Facebook. This is old school. People like you get erased from social media because you have nothing better to do than flame people that don't agree with you and make people out to be the devil (in your mind). Lack of respect? I am not the paranoid idiot flaming me every chance he gets. your ethics are in the toilet. No proof and you lash out at me because I don't see things the way you do.

JJ you are a paranoid delusional hack.

Imagine trying to justify spreading nonsense about me with no proof. You are just an unethical piece of SH$@!
Lol. This is old school and not social media? And people like me get erased from social media? :lol: :wave:
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:09 pm

JDTulane wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
OUG wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
JDTulane wrote:GW had credibility?
Don't you go to his forum and play by his "rules"? You give him more than credibility.
GW is not JtS.

Unless you have evidence of that, which you should share.

Otherwise, these accusations get really lame.
He's not? Says who? This is a social media forum, not a court of law.

Let's assume he's not JTS for a second, he's still one of the Dickson's lackeys sent out to whitewash the record and confuse fans. On the off chance it's not JTS, it's still someone who deserves to be treated with a lack of respect. That being said, we know who it is.
I'm a big boy. If I want to post 1-2x a week there vs my 30 or so a week here, I'm gonna do it. If you read my posts there, they're hardly within JTS' rule book. The hammer will again reign (rain?) upon me. :)
Big boys don't give consent to lunatics trying to censor them. And big boys who care about something in particular (in this case, Tulane Athletics) don't legitimize those who inflict significant damage on that which they care about.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:10 pm

ajcalhoun wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
OUG wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
JDTulane wrote:GW had credibility?
Don't you go to his forum and play by his "rules"? You give him more than credibility.
GW is not JtS.

Unless you have evidence of that, which you should share.

Otherwise, these accusations get really lame.
He's not? Says who? This is a social media forum, not a court of law.

Let's assume he's not JTS for a second, he's still one of the Dickson's lackeys sent out to whitewash the record and confuse fans. On the off chance it's not JTS, it's still someone who deserves to be treated with a lack of respect. That being said, we know who it is.
Hitchens's razor: The burden of proof or onus in a debate lies with the claim-maker, and if he or she does not meet it, the opponent does not need to argue against the unfounded claim. "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."
Ok. But this isn't a court of law and here common sense should be the only standard that matters.

Why is it such a challenge to stamp out ignorance?
sader24
Tsunami
Posts: 5455
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:35 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:39 pm

It is impossible to ever take Green Wave seriously about anything when he's been proven wrong time and time again. He blatantly has been lying about the capacity for some time now and when handed proof in the form of (people counting seats, comments from Tulane officials, and a letter from the FAA saying a flyover didn't need permission bc capacity is under 30,000 he's refused to change his tune. Why yall bother with him or Jonathan anymore is beyond me. Ignore them and move along, it just details good threads.
User avatar
nawlinspete
Swell
Posts: 1647
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:01 pm

golfnut69 wrote:looks like the Big 12 may be forced into expansion

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015 ... nship-game
Did anyone see ESPN's MCMurphy's deleted Twitter entry entitled BIG XII Adds Two Teams? Posted earlier today and taken down.
Once and Again, With Smart Choices and a Bit Of Patience
User avatar
Green Wave
Swell
Posts: 2137
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:44 am
Status: Offline

Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:38 pm

sader24 wrote:It is impossible to ever take Green Wave seriously about anything when he's been proven wrong time and time again. He blatantly has been lying about the capacity for some time now and when handed proof in the form of (people counting seats, comments from Tulane officials, and a letter from the FAA saying a flyover didn't need permission bc capacity is under 30,000 he's refused to change his tune. Why yall bother with him or Jonathan anymore is beyond me. Ignore them and move along, it just details good threads.
Damn that's stupid.

1) The Fire marshal confirms capacity not some unscientific bs from a guy on an internet forum.

2) The Fire Marshal approves the plans by the contractor who also states the capacity is 30K.

3) The FAA regulation is seating capacity I vetted that already. Go look it up liar.

4) The memo you bring up states clearly to the FAA that capacity in so much where it is concerned is 27,962. That's seats my boy Not some ridiculous bull shit you concocted. You cant distribute 30k in tickets without being able to accommodate 30k. Nonsensical crap and the only one around here lying right now is you sir!

So Sader go tell it to Tulane, the Contractor, and the Fire marshal. That should garner a few laughs.

THANKS FOR PLAYING!

:mrgreen:
The official word from the Fire Marshal on Yulman Stadium is 30k in capacity.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:49 pm

Green Wave wrote:
sader24 wrote:It is impossible to ever take Green Wave seriously about anything when he's been proven wrong time and time again. He blatantly has been lying about the capacity for some time now and when handed proof in the form of (people counting seats, comments from Tulane officials, and a letter from the FAA saying a flyover didn't need permission bc capacity is under 30,000 he's refused to change his tune. Why yall bother with him or Jonathan anymore is beyond me. Ignore them and move along, it just details good threads.
Damn that's stupid.

1) The Fire marshal confirms capacity not some unscientific bs from a guy on an internet forum.

2) The Fire Marshal approves the plans by the contractor who also states the capacity is 30K.

3) The FAA regulation is seating capacity I vetted that already. Go look it up liar.

4) The memo you bring up states clearly to the FAA that capacity in so much where it is concerned is 27,962. That's seats my boy Not some ridiculous bull sh*t you concocted. You cant distribute 30k in tickets without being able to accommodate 30k. Nonsensical crap and the only one around here lying right now is you sir!

So Sader go tell it to Tulane, the Contractor, and the Fire marshal. That should garner a few laughs.

THANKS FOR PLAYING!

:mrgreen:
This is much worse trolling and much more damaging to the community than anything being done by the other poster.

Dannen needs to rid the program of this garbage.
User avatar
Green Wave
Swell
Posts: 2137
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:44 am
Status: Offline

Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:11 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Green Wave wrote: This is the only board in the country that has the arrogance to think they know more than the official in charge of setting capacity for stadiums. The ridiculous RD comments I just love. Take a straightforward answer and add a little paranoia and it comes out garbage talk.
When did we EVER get a straightforward answer from Rick Dickson about the actual seating capacity at Yulman? I asked the question to his face and he turned around and left a few of us to discuss what a pompous ass he was. I asked it via email, and he let Yvette Jones answer, and her answer was "about 25,000." With SRO including bodies in the seats AND a full (indoor) Glazer Club, it might "get to about 30K" Ms. Jones said. When we had the season ticket selection tool the count of seats was 22,750. Yet you, and Rick D both choose to stick by your guns, saying "capacity" is 30k.

You are right, though. Rick Dickson is no longer the AD. Thank God for that.
You should take that on the road. Tulane states the capacity is 30k. The general contractor states 30K and the person charged with public safety(the Fire Marshal has stated 30 in his certificate. You crap on it all you want to it won't change the facts.

Dickson not once but twice admitted to seating under 30 K. 27 once 28k the other time to Kushner. Not only did he do that but in a direct question to him earlier on in chat the poster asked if the stadium would have 5k in SRO and he responded less than 5k.

The Memo states 27,962 capacity. That is directed to the FAA and the FAA is looking for Seating capacity because that is what the regulation is for. Seats. The capacity is 30k. Tulane would have never had to respond with that memo had the FAA not misunderstood the 30K as seating capacity. I have produced the FAA regulation you can find it in the stadium capacity thread.
The official word from the Fire Marshal on Yulman Stadium is 30k in capacity.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5197
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:42 am

This bi-monthly discussion is so silly. There is only ONE person on this entire website that believes anywhere close to 30k fans can fit into Yulman, that's really all you need to know at this point.
User avatar
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:58 am
Location: Lower Garden District
Status: Offline

Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:26 am

Just curious as to why we're talking about stadium seating when we have trouble filling it in the first place? I know I am new to these boards, so forgive me for the confusion.

I think Mr. Dannen was a good hire. Not great, but good enough to hopefully right the ship. He brings a lot of energy and is asking the right questions. It really does seem like he understands that football and business are related. It seems like he isn't blind or tone deaf to the idea that if he wants the athletic department to generate revenue, then there must be results on the field. I'm pretty sure he is aware that many of us who have purchased season's tickets for the last 2 years, are on the fence on whether to renew for this upcoming season or not. Having 2 seasons of un-watchable football is enough and I think Mr. Dannen gets it (or at least I hope he does).

However, just like the others, I will wait to see who they hire before making a decision on whether to renew for year 3 at Yulman.
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6250
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:03 pm

I agree with MBA: It's back to the same old "capacity" versus seating discussion. I'll let GreenWave think he's won; I'm done with it knowing that the Advocate was told to deliver 25K papers to have one on every seat and plenty of surplus on 9/6/14. Who cares what capacity is? If they can't put butts in the seats, it's all Charlie Brown teacher talk anyway.

More importantly, the big takeaway I got from watching the Troy Dannen press conference was that he wants to take his new Athletics Department to the same place most of us want to go. He vetted the AD Selection Committee and President Fitts, and allegedly got the answer he was looking for: that they all want to win. I'm excited to have someone that cares about winning running the Athletics Dept. It will be interesting to see if the BOA and President give the support needed. It will also be interesting to see how greater New Orleans responds if/when Tulane has seriously competitive teams in the big three sports.

I'm also very concerned about lack of corporate sponsorship, and think getting some of the bigger local corporations on board (not the local ambulance company, but Oil/Gas and Oilfield Services companies, along with the other largest and most profitable entities operating in New Orleans) is going to be a huge factor in becoming a serious Big 12 or ACC candidate. Selling ad space that announces first downs by saying "Hilliard gains 12, good for another XYZ Sponsor Tulane First Down" isn't going to get us there, and may even do more damage. It brands us as small time.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5197
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:19 pm

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:Just curious as to why we're talking about stadium seating when we have trouble filling it in the first place? I know I am new to these boards, so forgive me for the confusion.

I think Mr. Dannen was a good hire. Not great, but good enough to hopefully right the ship. He brings a lot of energy and is asking the right questions. It really does seem like he understands that football and business are related. It seems like he isn't blind or tone deaf to the idea that if he wants the athletic department to generate revenue, then there must be results on the field. I'm pretty sure he is aware that many of us who have purchased season's tickets for the last 2 years, are on the fence on whether to renew for this upcoming season or not. Having 2 seasons of un-watchable football is enough and I think Mr. Dannen gets it (or at least I hope he does).

However, just like the others, I will wait to see who they hire before making a decision on whether to renew for year 3 at Yulman.
You don;t build for today, you build for where you want to go. Not saying we should have a 45k stadium, but instead 30-35k seats with the foundation in place to expand, competitive locker rooms, offices, meeting rooms and training facilities. Not 24k seats that will cost a fortune to expand in the current footprint/NIMBY agreement along with next to nothing in support assets. This effect coaching hires and recruiting, not to mention bottom line if we ever righted the ship. In the end it is what it is and we need to move forward and force expansion.
Post Reply