SELA Whips the Wave 9-3

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
kookingkajun wrote:He got us to a regional..That does not make us an elite program.
This program has the infrastructure and investment to be a contender year in and year out. We put more resources into baseball than 99% of private Universities in the nation. As a private University we face challenges with scholarships and high tuition. But this program should be top 25 every year, despite the obstacles.

Kookingkajun, you're trolling. You are not part of Tulane, so why do you say "us"? Troll on.
D- we have had success in baseball but the reality is it has never been a program that was top 25 every year. You don't have to be top 25 to make a Regional. Overall we are more a top 50 type program. The failures of the football and basketball programs has amplified what success the program has had.
Wrong again winwave. It’s a Top 10 program. That is until Dannen messes it up.
http://college.usatoday.com/2016/03/04/ ... -baseball/
The top 10 Division I schools for men's baseball
10. TULANE UNIVERSITY

Originally established as a public medical college, Tulane grew into a full-fledge university and was eventually privatized in 1884. With its impressive student-to-faculty ratio of 9 to 1 and its commitment to providing the highest quality education available, students from all across the nation compete for entrance to Tulane each year. The school’s most popular majors are finance, psychology and marketing.

Following Rick Jones’ retirement in 2014, David Pierce was brought on as head coach of the Tulane baseball program. His first year brought a fresh breath to the team as they advanced to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2008.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

If only you knew how to read you'd be dangerous. D said we should be top 25 every year. I pointed out that that has never been the case and that is absolutely correct. If it's wrong give us all the final Baseball America polls that show us in the top 25 EVERY YEAR. ALSO GIVE US THE POLLS SHOWING US IN THE TOP 10 EVERY YEAR SINCE THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE NOW CLAIMING IT IS. What you did was post something from one of our two CWS years. Of course you didn't give the whole context of the article or the timing.

SHOW ME OR SHUT UP !
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:If only you knew how to read you'd be dangerous. D said we should be top 25 every year. I pointed out that that has never been the case and that is absolutely correct. If it's wrong give us all the final Baseball America polls that show us in the top 25 EVERY YEAR. ALSO GIVE US THE POLLS SHOWING US IN THE TOP 10 EVERY YEAR SINCE THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE NOW CLAIMING IT IS. What you did was post something from one of our two CWS years. Of course you didn't give the whole context of the article or the timing.

SHOW ME OR SHUT UP !
The article was from 2016. 11 years after our last CWS.
We ranked the best baseball programs in the nation by athletic competitiveness, academic quality, return on investment and leadership.
Pepper
Swell

I find it amazing that top 10 list has 5 private schools. I thought Privates schools couldn't compete.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Show Me
Tsunami

Pepper wrote:I find it amazing that top 10 list has 5 private schools. I thought Privates schools couldn't compete.
Only Tulane can’t. :lol:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Great article. Jewett should frame that and show every recruit he’s targeting.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Did we make the investments in baseball to the direct detriment of the football and basketball teams? I don't know about that. But we made them BEFORE we made needed investments in the revenue sports. And if Turchin wasn't there, we would have had room for a real OCS rather than the boutique stadium we ended up with. (Though I still don't know if a competitive Tulane football program could support a 45-50,000 seat stadium in today's environment.)
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Pepper
Swell

DfromCT wrote:Did we make the investments in baseball to the direct detriment of the football and basketball teams? I don't know about that. But we made them BEFORE we made needed investments in the revenue sports. And if Turchin wasn't there, we would have had room for a real OCS rather than the boutique stadium we ended up with. (Though I still don't know if a competitive Tulane football program could support a 45-50,000 seat stadium in today's environment.)
I doubt it. I don't think any donor would have put up that kind of money on a football team that was averaging 2 to 4 wins yearly and a basketball team that hadn't sniffed the post season since 2000. Plus, I think Tulane put up 10 million, that wouldn't have made a dent on a football stadium or new arena. We do need to expand Yulman & demolish Devlin.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:Did we make the investments in baseball to the direct detriment of the football and basketball teams? I don't know about that. But we made them BEFORE we made needed investments in the revenue sports. And if Turchin wasn't there, we would have had room for a real OCS rather than the boutique stadium we ended up with. (Though I still don't know if a competitive Tulane football program could support a 45-50,000 seat stadium in today's environment.)
No. Football had the Superdome, basketball had plans for the Hertz Center for years they just didn’t act on them. After Katrina baseball was forced off campus for two years. It had a negative impact on the program. It then became necessary to rebuild Turchin. The Dome was redone and so was Devlin and the Hertz Center followed as well. So baseball rebuild had no detriment on FB or BB.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

chain gang x man wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Just got home from the game. It’s out 6th straight midweek loss. We looked like we were just going through the motions out there. No emotion. It looks to me like we don’t expect to win anymore. Misplayed another pop up in the infield. Same mistakes every game. Weak midweek pitching, lack of bullpen now we’re not hitting as well as we once were.
Riser’s teams run the bases aggressively and force pressure. They walk, steal 2nd, advance on a productive out or hit then score. 9 innings they scored 9 runs. We had one shot at a big inning and struck out with the bases loaded to end it. SELA’s closer comes in and throws 94mph strikes to finish us off. If we win 25 games I’d be surprised.
I went to the game also (traveled over an hour to get there) I was able to see into our dugout from where I sat and was shocked to see most of the team sitting on the bench. I can see into the visiting team’s dugout at Turchin and every team stand along the rail and shout encouragement to their teammates or raze our team.
This team has no emotion. They have become a reflection of the coach.
I looked into the SELA dugout and the entire team was standing and into the game. They are a reflection of their coach also. Riser went ballistic with the first base umpire on an attempted pickoff.
We need someone to step up and kick start this team now.
I don’t think that the players have a high opinion of Coach Jewett
Pepper
Swell

I don’t think that the players have a high opinion of Coach Jewett[/quote]

You mean the new players? I thought the whole problem was the players already on the roster not buying in so we have all these new faces and they ain't buying what he's selling.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:If only you knew how to read you'd be dangerous. D said we should be top 25 every year. I pointed out that that has never been the case and that is absolutely correct. If it's wrong give us all the final Baseball America polls that show us in the top 25 EVERY YEAR. ALSO GIVE US THE POLLS SHOWING US IN THE TOP 10 EVERY YEAR SINCE THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE NOW CLAIMING IT IS. What you did was post something from one of our two CWS years. Of course you didn't give the whole context of the article or the timing.

SHOW ME OR SHUT UP !
We ranked the best baseball programs in the nation by athletic competitiveness, academic quality, return on investment and leadership.
LOL. Like I said we are not a top ten ranked program. That was about other factors. So SHOW ME the FINAL BASEBALL AMERICA POLLS SHOWING US RANKED IN THE TOP 10 FOR ALL THESE YEARS.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Just got home from the game. It’s out 6th straight midweek loss. We looked like we were just going through the motions out there. No emotion. It looks to me like we don’t expect to win anymore. Misplayed another pop up in the infield. Same mistakes every game. Weak midweek pitching, lack of bullpen now we’re not hitting as well as we once were.
Riser’s teams run the bases aggressively and force pressure. They walk, steal 2nd, advance on a productive out or hit then score. 9 innings they scored 9 runs. We had one shot at a big inning and struck out with the bases loaded to end it. SELA’s closer comes in and throws 94mph strikes to finish us off. If we win 25 games I’d be surprised.
I went to the game also (traveled over an hour to get there) I was able to see into our dugout from where I sat and was shocked to see most of the team sitting on the bench. I can see into the visiting team’s dugout at Turchin and every team stand along the rail and shout encouragement to their teammates or raze our team.
I looked into the SELA dugout and the entire team was standing and into the game. They are a reflection of their coach also. Riser went ballistic with the first base umpire on an attempted pickoff.
The manner in which "The Players" are performing, tells me, they do not have a very high opinion of themselves !!!...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:
Profoundwizard wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:
The manner in which "The Players" are performing, tells me, they do not have a very high opinion of themselves !!!...

well said!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
kookingkajun
Low Tide

Hey D from CT
I was a chef and I cooked Cajun food. thus Kooking Kajun. Nothing to do with UL-L.
Not a troll
GreenLantern
Riptide

We are 11-15. How in the world did we ever win 11 games?

I'm out. Can't even listen to the games.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:

SHOW ME OR SHUT UP !
LOL. Like I said we are not a top ten ranked program. That was about other factors. So SHOW ME the FINAL BASEBALL AMERICA POLLS SHOWING US RANKED IN THE TOP 10 FOR ALL THESE YEARS.
I already SHOWED YOU a summary for those periods with criteria that student athletes consider important before selecting a school.
sader24
Tsunami

Hire Riser or Gautreau. Bring Cannizzaro in as hitting coach. Or don’t. Jewett isn’t the answer. Even when Fritz was losing you could tell the team was well coached and was buying into the staff. There is none of that here. Interest is at an all time low.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

sader24 wrote:Hire Riser or Gautreau. Bring Cannizzaro in as hitting coach. Or don’t. Jewett isn’t the answer. Even when Fritz was losing you could tell the team was well coached and was buying into the staff. There is none of that here. Interest is at an all time low.
Bring in AC.....let him without sin cast the first stone, or in this case baseball
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
cajunfanatico
Swell

Wave755 wrote:And by the way, Kookingkajun, ULALA is 2-4 for "Mighty Sunbelt Conference" play.
LOL, I see the obsession continues. BTW numbnuts, our current conference RPI's are 5 and 6. Try to keep up.

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2018/co ... n-Athletic
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Show Me
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:
sader24 wrote:Hire Riser or Gautreau. Bring Cannizzaro in as hitting coach. Or don’t. Jewett isn’t the answer. Even when Fritz was losing you could tell the team was well coached and was buying into the staff. There is none of that here. Interest is at an all time low.
Bring in AC.....let him without sin cast the first stone, or in this case baseball
AC would be a brilliant move by Dannen. AC needs saving as does Tulane baseball. A perfect match. Bring in Jake as well. We’d be on our way in no time. Riser probably will wait to get a better job.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:

SHOW ME OR SHUT UP !
I already SHOWED YOU a summary for those periods with criteria that student athletes consider important before selecting a school.
You didn't SHOW anything as usual. Like I said Tulane baseball was not ever ranked in the top 25 every year. So shut up.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pepper
Swell

winwave wrote:Things not going well for Jake:

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... bf519.html
And they are still way ahead of us.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Yeah they are an amazing 13-13. One of them has already been fired and the other isn't far behind. We can do better.