Tulane loses to LSU 10-4

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Spoon leads the way:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... 6da17.html

The game will be on the SEC Network on-line so you can get it on the ESPN app.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Going to stay home this time and watch. My neighbor is a big LSU fan and offered a ticket and a ride up but I declined. I don’t feel good about this one.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Mainieri doesn't like losing to Tulane:

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... 825d9.html
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bearwave
High Tide

winwave wrote:Mainieri doesn't like losing to Tulane:

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... 825d9.html

Probably no need for him to worry this year. :oops:
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Stands are empty.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

And Gregson blows the call at second. Rowland was in with a double. Whatta horrible call!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote:And Gregson blows the call at second. Rowland was in with a double. Whatta horrible call!
Yes just horrible.
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

Bates with 5 walks....4 in the bottom of the 3rd. Just walked in a run AND we have no one warming up. What???
Bearwave
High Tide

GreenLantern wrote:Bates with 5 walks....4 in the bottom of the 3rd. Just walked in a run AND we have no one warming up. What???
Bates losing control and nobody warming says volumes about the bullpen.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Corndog snare for LSUgh fans...

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Frustrating to watch. I just don’t get it. We are a better team then what we show. We consistently underperform IMO. The pitching coach has no feel for his staff. None at all. This is not a great LSU team which makes it very hard to accept. Our outfield gets terrible jumps on balls. LSU making plays we don’t. We can’t even play pitch and catch.
Tulane Class of 1981
Bearwave
High Tide

tpstulane wrote:Frustrating to watch. I just don’t get it. We are a better team then what we show. We consistently underperform IMO. The pitching coach has no feel for his staff. None at all. This is not a great LSU team which makes it very hard to accept.
When this is the case every week, are we actually a better team than we show?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bearwave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Frustrating to watch. I just don’t get it. We are a better team then what we show. We consistently underperform IMO. The pitching coach has no feel for his staff. None at all. This is not a great LSU team which makes it very hard to accept.
When this is the case every week, are we actually a better team than we show?
At times we show up (Wright St) but then we don’t. UNO , ULL, SELA. I think our pen is weak and that’s why we can’t win and hold leads. Now as I write that we strikeout 6 straight AB’s.
Tulane Class of 1981
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

This may be the worst coached baseball team in many a year.
Show Me
Tsunami

DaveBrownStreak wrote:This may be the worst coached baseball team in many a year.
Been following Tulane baseball since Ben Abadie days and it’s definitely the worst I’ve seen since then. Abadie, Retif, Brock, Jones and Pierce were all head and shoulders above this guy. Sorry but that’s how I see it. We have a Jr college coach recruiting avg Jr college talent trying to win at the major D1 level. It ain’t going to happen.
DrBox
Riptide

We made a really bad hire. It's obvious. It was obvious a year ago.
The question is what is Dannen going to do about it in 2 months.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The early play tonight was decent then it became very lackadaisical. LSU scores 10 straight runs which looked a lot like of our recent blowout games. Now if our hitting goes cold (we finished with 15 straight outs) we won’t win 25 games. I don’t see our coaches having a feel on when to make pitching changes. But then again maybe it wouldn’t matter if we don’t have anyone in the pen that can hold a lead. 22 games into the season and we only have 9 wins.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It did start out well. Bates was on and when he is he is really good. Then the bats got going. Then the inconsistency reared it's ugly head. Bates lost it and started giving out walks. Then Solesky was off and it mushroomed out of control. LSU has a good group of arms and they began to mow us down. LSU is good and they will be even better before it's over. They have battled injuries and are starting to get guys back. On top of that Jensen got hurt again and probably McAffer too. Not a good ending to the first season.

The second season starts Friday. Have to hope it's a lot better than this.
Show Me
Tsunami

DrBox wrote:We made a really bad hire. It's obvious. It was obvious a year ago.
The question is what is Dannen going to do about it in 2 months.
Yes. Here’s my biggest fear. Jewett is told to make changes at the end of the year then he gets to stay around for Year 3. It’s obvious that the pitchers he’s brought in can’t pitch. They will blame it on the pitching coach. But who really knows. Two guys that were good in the past have now regressed on his watch. (Massey and Soleski).
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:It did start out well. Bates was on and when he is he is really good. Then the bats got going. Then the inconsistency reared it's ugly head. Bates lost it and started giving out walks. Then Solesky was off and it mushroomed out of control. LSU has a good group of arms and they began to mow us down. LSU is good and they will be even better before it's over. They have battled injuries and are starting to get guys back. On top of that Jensen got hurt again and probably McAffer too. Not a good ending to the first season.

The second season starts Friday. Have to hope it's a lot better than this.
Sorry I don’t buy that excuse that “LSU is good and will be even better”. We beat them twice last year and they were in the CWS finals. This game was no different than losing to UNO, ULL or Southeastern. We are a poorly coached team. That’s the truth. We may sweep Cincinnati this weekend but that won’t change the reality we face going forward.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It wasn't an excuse. Someone posted that this isn't a great LSU team. They may not be great but they are going to be damn good.It's like you saying Ole Miss wasn't any good. It's just trying to pile on what's already there. There's no need for it. It's agenda driven over the butt hurt you have over AC not getting the job. BTW, Jewett was the coach that beat that LSU team twice last year.
Pepper
Swell

winwave wrote:It wasn't an excuse. Someone posted that this isn't a great LSU team. They may not be great but they are going to be damn good.It's like you saying Ole Miss wasn't any good. It's just trying to pile on what's already there. There's no need for it. It's agenda driven over the butt hurt you have over AC not getting the job. BTW, Jewett was the coach that beat that LSU team twice last year.
The only agenda I see is someone trying to justify a bad hire. As far as LSU goes, they always start slow while Manari tinkers with the lineup. And they really don't' care if we beat them. We are not competing for the same type of recruits. Tulane baseball is a dumpster fire. Period, end of story.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:It wasn't an excuse. Someone posted that this isn't a great LSU team. They may not be great but they are going to be damn good.It's like you saying Ole Miss wasn't any good. It's just trying to pile on what's already there. There's no need for it. It's agenda driven over the butt hurt you have over AC not getting the job. BTW, Jewett was the coach that beat that LSU team twice last year.
We were poorly prepared to start the season last year and should have at least had a winning record with a regional club returning. This year our record is the exact same as we get ready to start conference play. We made a bad hire. He’s supposed to be a great recruiter but I can recruit to Vanderbilt. He’s learning on the job as to how to be a head coach on the D1 level. He needs to “show me” otherwise. Just hate seeing my favorite sport being destroyed right before my eyes.
Profoundwizard
Swell

It’s agenda driven alright. The agenda is that we want to see the team win games. Jewett is putting a bad product on the field, therefore we want someone who can put a good one out. Simple as that.