Tulane loses the Long Beach State Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Dave breslin wrote:Golf, I think we were corn holed by the past dynamic duo named Cowdick. Didn’t like it!
Dave, I agree, but we could name the "corn hole" portion the" Scott Cowen Up Yours" which fits in with the "Scott Cowen Circle Jerk on campus'...the Boccee portion can be called the "Rick Dickson, If I Had Balls Stadium" .... the Curling section can be named for the Tulane Board who allowed SC to ruin an Athletic Dept, it will be called the "Curling Up and Die Slide'

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
JerseyWave
Riptide

.....Wondering if Dannen has the guts to admit he made a mistake and get this program fixed ASAP or does Jewett get the Five year plan.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wave takes game 2 of the series 10-6.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

Game 2: Sam Bjorngjeld winning pitcher, 1 hit, 2 earned runs in 4.1 innings.

And by the way, LSWho lost its game 2 to Ole Mizzou today 12-6. :)
Last edited by Wave755 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Ben White again got jacked...pitching 4 2/3 innings...good enough to win, but not completing 5 innings. Last Tuesday he pitched well in relief; we should have gotten him the win with the bases stacked and one out in the 10th...but, no cigar.

The coaching staff must have attended Bunting School after Friday night’s disaster as Rowland’s safety squeeze and the other sacs were instrumental in us scoring runs today...WHATTA SURPRISE!

You gotta at least feel good with Keagan Gilles on the mound tomorrow. That kid gives us a shot to win every time out.
Bigschtick
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:Wave takes game 2 of the series 10-6.

Good win,,now lets take Sunday's game.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote:Ben White again got jacked...pitching 4 2/3 innings...good enough to win, but not completing 5 innings. Last Tuesday he pitched well in relief; we should have gotten him the win with the bases stacked and one out in the 10th...but, no cigar.

The coaching staff must have attended Bunting School after Friday night’s disaster as Rowland’s safety squeeze and the other sacs were instrumental in us scoring runs today...WHATTA SURPRISE!

You gotta at least feel good with Keagan Gilles on the mound tomorrow. That kid gives us a shot to win every time out.
I feel for White too. After that first rough outing on opening weekend he has really come on. Bjorngjeld is also suited for that role as a starter or long reliever rather than closing type of situations. Hopefully we get Ty Johnson back soon along with Mcaffer who has been dealing with arm soreness.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Yesterday's win was our 6th straight on St. Patrick's Day dating back to 2010. Must be the lucky green we wear! :mrgreen:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Show Me wrote:
Wavetrader wrote:If only David Pierce didn't leave the cupboard bare; if only Tulane could compete for players with better financial aid; if only we could recruit junior college kids; if only we had better baseball facilities. I'm sure the demise of Tulane baseball over the last two years has nothing to do with the new coach that had no prior head coaching experience outside of short stint at a community college. This team will improve once we get into conference play. :roll:
Hey but we look great standing for the anthem. :oops:
Exactly. If only we didn't have a Captain Queeg as head coach, obsessing over minutia as our baseball ship sinks. Has anyone noticed whether he's rolling steel balls in his hands.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Get away day. This game may not go 9 innings.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We should 10 run rule them before then. :mrgreen:

Nice going by Gillies there to give up a leadoff double but then keep them from scoring.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tough 1-0 loss today. Classic pitchers duel that didn't go our way. Gillies was really good again. McAffer finally pitched again after battling arm soreness and pitched well.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave get one hit today not going to do it. 1-0 Shutout. First series win this year for the Dirtbags. Wave 1-4 for the week. LSU up next on Wednesday. We have won the last 4 in a row in that one. 5 would be excellent!
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:Wave get one hit today not going to do it. 1-0 Shutout. First series win this year for the Dirtbags. Wave 1-4 for the week. LSU up next on Wednesday. We have won the last 4 in a row in that one. 5 would be excellent!
LSWho beat Mizzou today 7 to 5 to win its series 2 games to 1.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Wave get one hit today not going to do it. 1-0 Shutout. First series win this year for the Dirtbags. Wave 1-4 for the week. LSU up next on Wednesday. We have won the last 4 in a row in that one. 5 would be excellent!
LSWho beat Mizzou today 7 to 5 to win its series 2 games to 1.
:oops:
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

I thought we’d get swept so winning one kept us from going winless for the week. Beat LSU and I’ll be happy again.
netshorty
Surge

Show Me wrote:I thought we’d get swept so winning one kept us from going winless for the week. Beat LSU and I’ll be happy again.
See how well conditioned we are for LBS. We expect nothing (no way we win any games this series) and when we win one game and we can comfort ourselves and say, we did better than expected. We do this in every sport. My favorite is hoops: "We doubled last year's win total". The good news is that next year we may return to 6 or 7 wins meaning we'll see the potential for another doubling of wins in 2019-20...woo hoo...