USM Blows Tulane Out 12-3

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Solesky will get the start against a good hitting team tonight at 6:30.
Last edited by winwave on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Top 3rd our LF dropped a fly ball that would have ended the inning it was scored a hit. USM scores after that.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Just awful right now. 12-0 USM only the 5th
Tulane Class of 1981
galvezwave
Swell

Wheels fall off moment.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

12-3 blowout. Pen empty again.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

I give you Tulane athletics.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The starting pitching failed again and the pen followed till we got to Johnson. He should have been the one brought in last night after White. He was warmed up and is more suited for that situation than Bjorgngjeld.

The hitting was a disappointment. USM is a good hitting team but not overwhelming on the mound especially the guy they threw tonight.

I've never seen so many balls hit right back at pitchers than this season and we usually can't field it.

Injury wise it looks like we'll get Jenson and Ty Johnson back this weekend. Mcaffer has had tightness in his arm but should also be good to go this weekend.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Travis Jewitt’s is NOT the man for the job. Plain and simple!!
rollinggreen
High Tide

What a crock of crap known as Tulane Athletics!
Pepper
Swell

How many years is Jewitt's contract?
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

at least the players will not have sleepless nites following a "heart breaker'.... boys, ya got your ass kicked, and at this point of the exhibition season, ya better get use to it...all of this after Tulane spent all that money installing "real brick" at Turchin
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

If football doesn't do something this year...
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Wave755
Tsunami

Pepper wrote:How many years is Jewitt's contract?
We need to let the season play out but if the season turns into an unqualified disaster we do have Matt Riser right across the lake. And, I hope we haven't burned any bridges with Riser the way we did for football with both Lindy Infante and RichRod?

Long Beach State is 6-11, so this is hardly last year's team, but our road record is now 0-4?
Pepper
Swell

Wave755 wrote:
We need to let the season play out but if the season turns into an unqualified disaster we do have Matt Riser right across the lake. And, I hope we haven't burned any bridges with Riser the way we did for football with both Lindy Infante and RichRod?

Long Beach State is 6-11, so this is hardly last year's team, but our road record is now 0-4?
I didn't call for his head, just wanted to know how many ears will we have to put up with this shit show.
Wave755
Tsunami

Pepper wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

I didn't call for his head, just wanted to know how many ears will we have to put up with this sh*t show.
If this year is another disaster, how Troy Dannen reacts will tell us a lot about whether Tulane athletics will be fundamentally different under Fitts/Dannen.

And, I agree, we have a lot of baseball left to go; Saturday is only St. Patrick's Day (and, sure hope it doesn't rain).
IM42lane
Swell

Pepper wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
Pepper wrote: How many years is Jewitt's contract?

I didn't call for his head, just wanted to know how many years will we have to put up with this sh*t show .
Matt Riser may not want to come here. He has been doing a great job with the SE Lions, and he can probably 'write his own ticket' at this point. He has overseen significant improvements to the Lion baseball field/stadium over time, as well as improved performance from his players.

Note: The Yoggie (YOGWF) board does not want anyone to discuss any coaching changes ('par for the course' over there). Can we do that over here?
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Pepper
Swell

IM42lane wrote:
Pepper wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

I didn't call for his head, just wanted to know how many years will we have to put up with this sh*t show .
Matt Riser may not want to come here. He has been doing a great job with the SE Lions, and he can probably 'write his own ticket' at this point. He has overseen significant improvements to the Lion baseball field/stadium over time, as well as improved performance from his players.

Note: The Yoggie (YOGWF) board does not want anyone to discuss any coaching changes ('par for the course' over there). Can we do that over here?
Matt Riser might be the next LSU coach when Manari hangs it up.
Wave755
Tsunami

IM42lane wrote:
Matt Riser may not want to come here.
If this turns into another disastrous season, we need to offer Riser and find out. And hopefully, Troy Dannen will be the kind of A D who can and will admit to his mistakes. I still recall how disappointing and deflating it was to what was left of our fan base when Dickson (and, I am sure Cowen had his hand in it as well) gave Toledo a year 5.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Sounds pretty bleak. Starting pitching failed, again; bullpen failed, again; hitting a disappointment, again. But we have to stay focused on what's important--did their pants and socks all match? We have to think like Jewett in order to evaluate how the season is going.

At the end of the season, go after Riser. If that doesn't play out, we may have to try to salvage AC--it's hard to say which needs salvaging the most, AC or Tulane baseball. Dannen can write-in whatever moral requirements he wants, then let Andy decide how important being a college coach is.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
netshorty
Surge

IM42lane wrote:
Note: The Yoggie (YOGWF) board does not want anyone to discuss any coaching changes ('par for the course' over there). Can we do that over here?[/b] [/size]
As long as you don't forget to add MD into that discussion...
winwave
Top of the WAVE

IM42lane wrote:
Pepper wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

Of course you can. As you can see you can make up whatever narrative you want here.
McWave
High Tide

winwave wrote:
IM42lane wrote:
Pepper wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

Of course you can. As you can see you can make up whatever narrative you want here.
In regards to a "sh*t show" how about Texas Baseball (9-9. 100+ RPI). I think Texas has better resources than TU and would have expected better results. Their HC used to be ours (DP). I thought DP had good results (W-L and postseason). Should the Texas fans seek a new coach? Both are in year two. The grass is always greener...
HoustonWave
Tsunami

McWave wrote:
winwave wrote:
IM42lane wrote:
Pepper wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

In regards to a "sh*t show" how about Texas Baseball (9-9. 100+ RPI). I think Texas has better resources than TU and would have expected better results. Their HC used to be ours (DP). I thought DP had good results (W-L and postseason). Should the Texas fans seek a new coach? Both are in year two. The grass is always greener...
Maybe Dannen can work a head coach trade with UT.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
GreenLantern
Riptide

IM42lane wrote:Note: The Yoggie (YOGWF) board does not want anyone to discuss any coaching changes ('par for the course' over there). Can we do that over here?
Not only do they not 'want' you to discuss changes, you can be kicked off the site for making posts that are deemed too critical. I strongly disagree with the policy. This is a sports forum for heaven's sake and second guessing coaches is the coin of the realm. I get the ban on discussing politics and religion and I absolutely support the enforcement of rules banning personal criticism of students. But coaches? C'mon man! these folks are public figures making an awful lot of money. Everything they say and do should be fair game for harsh evaluation when merited. Vulgarity should damn well be banned 8-) and civility should be expected of any Tulane fan. Character assassination crosses the line except when directed toward Scott Cowen where it is richly deserved.
Last edited by GreenLantern on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show Me
Tsunami

McWave wrote:
winwave wrote:
IM42lane wrote:
Pepper wrote:
Wave755 wrote:

4 games with Stanford, 3 with LSU and 2 with Arkansas all ranked. That’s 7 of their 9 losses. And they did beat ULL 2 of 3. Yes I’ll take DP in a trade also.