USM Blows Tulane Out 12-3

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

McWave wrote:
winwave wrote:
IM42lane wrote:
Pepper wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
Pepper wrote: How many years is Jewitt's contract?
We need to let the season play out but if the season turns into an unqualified disaster we do have Matt Riser right across the lake. And, I hope we haven't burned any bridges with Riser the way we did for football with both Lindy Infante and RichRod?

Long Beach State is 6-11, so this is hardly last year's team, but our road record is now 0-4?
I didn't call for his head, just wanted to know how many years will we have to put up with this sh*t show .
Matt Riser may not want to come here. He has been doing a great job with the SE Lions, and he can probably 'write his own ticket' at this point. He has overseen significant improvements to the Lion baseball field/stadium over time, as well as improved performance from his players.

Note: The Yoggie (YOGWF) board does not want anyone to discuss any coaching changes ('par for the course' over there). Can we do that over here?
Of course you can. As you can see you can make up whatever narrative you want here.
In regards to a "sh*t show" how about Texas Baseball (9-9. 100+ RPI). I think Texas has better resources than TU and would have expected better results. Their HC used to be ours (DP). I thought DP had good results (W-L and postseason). Should the Texas fans seek a new coach? Both are in year two. The grass is always greener...
Is this a serious post. DP has made the tourney literally every year as a head coach, his record speaks for itself. Jewett has proved that he can recruit at a big time program and nothing else. In fact, his tenure at Tulane looks really bad on paper, especially compared to DP. Comparing the two is pure ignorance, IMO.

Profoundwizard
Swell

McWave wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:55 am
winwave wrote:
IM42lane wrote:
Pepper wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
Pepper wrote: How many years is Jewitt's contract?
We need to let the season play out but if the season turns into an unqualified disaster we do have Matt Riser right across the lake. And, I hope we haven't burned any bridges with Riser the way we did for football with both Lindy Infante and RichRod?

Long Beach State is 6-11, so this is hardly last year's team, but our road record is now 0-4?
I didn't call for his head, just wanted to know how many years will we have to put up with this sh*t show .
Matt Riser may not want to come here. He has been doing a great job with the SE Lions, and he can probably 'write his own ticket' at this point. He has overseen significant improvements to the Lion baseball field/stadium over time, as well as improved performance from his players.

Note: The Yoggie (YOGWF) board does not want anyone to discuss any coaching changes ('par for the course' over there). Can we do that over here?
Of course you can. As you can see you can make up whatever narrative you want here.
In regards to a "sh*t show" how about Texas Baseball (9-9. 100+ RPI). I think Texas has better resources than TU and would have expected better results. Their HC used to be ours (DP). I thought DP had good results (W-L and postseason). Should the Texas fans seek a new coach? Both are in year two. The grass is always greener...
Texas is 24-9 since this post. RPI of 21. Decent chance to host, just took 2 of 3 from Texas Tech on the road.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:29 am
McWave wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:55 am In regards to a "sh*t show" how about Texas Baseball (9-9. 100+ RPI). I think Texas has better resources than TU and would have expected better results. Their HC used to be ours (DP). I thought DP had good results (W-L and postseason). Should the Texas fans seek a new coach? Both are in year two. The grass is always greener...
Texas is 24-9 since this post. RPI of 21. Decent chance to host, just took 2 of 3 from Texas Tech on the road.
Although it's easy to say looking back 2 months later, and with a top 25 ranking, I could have told you on March 16th that the Texas program is in much better shape than ours. They played a much tougher pre-conference schedule, after going to the NCAA tournament in Pierce's first year. They also lost 2-1 in the Regional final to Long Beach State last year after making the Big 12 tournament final. If your (McWave's) post wasn't tongue in cheek, I have to wonder if it was just flaming? UT, under Pierce, is in very good and very capable hands. I wish we'd have a coach that inspired such confidence.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V