CSF Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
rollinggreen
High Tide

Fullerton Sweep this weekend. Green Turds folding like a house of cards!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Roper has gotten off to slow starts every time out.Tonight was abysmal though. Fortunately we got through the game without having to use guys we ordinarily would on the weekend.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

CSF is the type of team that will make you pay for mistakes.
Side Note: Legendary coach Augie Garrido who happens to also be the winningest coach in college baseball history attended last nights game. Augie last coached CSF in 1996 and left there for Texas before finally retiring from the game in 2016. By the way he coached our Jeremy Montalbano for two years while at UT.

Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

A combo of CSF being better than their record and us not so good.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Seems like they also play the same game they've always played, small ball. Bases loaded, two outs in the first, up 4-0, and they bunt for a hit and another run.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Augie is a good guy, but he allowed himself to get fired by his off field actions, and under performing team .. I hope he got the help he needed.... He knows the game as well as anyone, and it is sad the sport is without his knowledge and everyday presence
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Pepper
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:Augie is a good guy, but he allowed himself to get fired by his off field actions, and under performing team .. I hope he got the help he needed.... He knows the game as well as anyone, and it is sad the sport is without his knowledge and everyday presence
15 CWS teams. Pretty awesome.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Pepper wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:Augie is a good guy, but he allowed himself to get fired by his off field actions, and under performing team .. I hope he got the help he needed.... He knows the game as well as anyone, and it is sad the sport is without his knowledge and everyday presence
Including the 2005 title :oops:
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
Pepper wrote:
Including the 2005 title :oops:
with the new PC Prez and acting AD at the University of Texas @ Austin, Augie's days were numbered...DWI arrest, the 'colorful" language captured live by a local TV station were icing on the cake for the PC Regime, that and losing a series to of all teams Tulane coached by DP and he was a gone
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

We need a new official scorer. Whomever it is never gives our guys errors. Our pitcher’s ERA suffers in the meantime. Top 4th play.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I agree. It's embarrassing at times like that.

As for the game it looked like we were going to steal one. We didn't deserve to win and we didn't. We have guys who can perform at times and then not. They need to find consistency soon if we are going to do anything. White performed well enough that he might get back in the rotation. It was good to see Bedgood come through in a clutch situation. Need a lot more of that.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Slow start and late bullpen let us down again.
Tulane Class of 1981
swampnik
Surge

A win today would be what the Doc orderd against CSF to help our rpi going forward.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The 7 CSF players suspended are all watching the game in the right field bleachers. They were forced to play a few pitchers in the field missed 3 starters. 8-)
Wave avoid the sweep win 9-3.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Gillies had a good outing. So much so I think he'll be the Friday night starter soon. He has better command and is going going deeper in the games. The one thing that still nags him is homers. It hasn't mattered whether has a short outing or a long one he has given up a homer in most of them.

It's good to see Mathews making the most of his opportunities. Bedgood looks promising too.

They had two starters out but it was still a good performance to end the weekend. CSF is good. They will be in the Regionals. Was hoping we would win the series but glad we bounced back and took one. It was just disappointing the way we played the first two games. We have to find consistency.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:Gillies had a good outing. So much so I think he'll be the Friday night starter soon. He has better command and is going going deeper in the games. The one thing that still nags him is homers. It hasn't mattered whether has a short outing or a long one he has given up a homer in most of them.

It's good to see Mathews making the most of his opportunities. Bedgood looks promising too.

They had two starters out but it was still a good performance to end the weekend. CSF is good. They will be in the Regionals. Was hoping we would win the series but glad we bounced back and took one. It was just disappointing the way we played the first two games. We have to find consistency.

Like I said they had three starters out. That’s 1/3 of their lineup.
http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... ded_p.html
Titans played without usual second baseman Hank LoForte, left fielder Chris Prescott and center fielder Mitchell Berryhill.
Brett Connie was one of three pitchers playing a position in the field, with usual relief pitcher Tommy Wilson in right field and usual starting pitcher Andrew Quezada at second base.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:Gillies had a good outing. So much so I think he'll be the Friday night starter soon. He has better command and is going going deeper in the games. The one thing that still nags him is homers. It hasn't mattered whether has a short outing or a long one he has given up a homer in most of them.

Like I said they had three starters out. That’s 1/3 of their lineup.
http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... ded_p.html
Titans played without usual second baseman Hank LoForte, left fielder Chris Prescott and center fielder Mitchell Berryhill.
Brett Connie was one of three pitchers playing a position in the field, with usual relief pitcher Tommy Wilson in right field and usual starting pitcher Andrew Quezada at second base.
So Conine's grandfather who gave me the numbers was off by one. Wouldn't have mattered. Gillies was on . So were our hitters.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:We need a new official scorer. Whomever it is never gives our guys errors. Our pitcher’s ERA suffers in the meantime. Top 4th play.
The game Sunday was scored correctly. I give credit when credit is due. It’s become a running joke in our section as to what it will be called when a play is mishandled. With that said the stats one usually relies for accuracy have been skewed. Our fielding % is falsely higher than reality. And our team BA is also falsely higher than reality. I wish I’d kept track of all the errors that were scored as hits for both sides. I’d say at least 8-10 that I can remember. We’d get about 2 per game that should have been scored as errors. Other teams were given hits on our errors and we were given hits on their errors.
Tulane Class of 1981