Tulane Sweeps Lamar Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Wild Pelican

Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:56 pm

We play them Tuesday at 6:30 and Wednesday at 4:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... a65a7.html
Last edited by winwave on Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
winwave
Wild Pelican

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:13 pm

Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
winwave
Wild Pelican

Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:40 pm

winwave
Wild Pelican

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:36 pm

Tulane takes game 1 with a 7-1 win. True freshman Josh Bates had a great first start. Threw 5 no hit innings. Pellerin, Bjorngjeld and McAffer were good too. Green has good stuff but he has to harness it if he's going to be a contributor. Artigues and Spoon stayed hot at the plate. Johnson and Hoese had multiple hit games too. Good start to the week.
Show Me
Riptide

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:28 pm

winwave wrote:Tulane takes game 1 with a 7-1 win. True freshman Josh Bates had a great first start. Threw 5 no hit innings. Pellerin, Bjorngjeld and McAffer were good too. Green has good stuff but he has to harness it if he's going to be a contributor. Artigues and Spoon stayed hot at the plate. Johnson and Hoese had multiple hit games too. Good start to the week.
Took care of business against a bad Lamar team. They were no hit on Sunday by Hofstra. Last 16 innings they have 1 hit. Hopefully Wednesday will bring much of the same.
Last edited by Show Me on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
winwave
Wild Pelican

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:51 pm

No kidding. Nevertheless our midweek freshman starter came out and pitched well and gained confidence. Lamar has pitched well yet we hit them pretty good. BTW, they also beat a ranked team. But hey if we win the opponent stinks and if we lose they are just a middle of the pack team. :roll:
winwave
Wild Pelican

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:52 pm

Jaxwave
Surge

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:58 am

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:Tulane takes game 1 with a 7-1 win. True freshman Josh Bates had a great first start. Threw 5 no hit innings. Pellerin, Bjorngjeld and McAffer were good too. Green has good stuff but he has to harness it if he's going to be a contributor. Artigues and Spoon stayed hot at the plate. Johnson and Hoese had multiple hit games too. Good start to the week.
Took care of business against a bad Lamar team. They were no hit on Sunday by Hofstra. Last 16 innings they have 1 hit. Tomorrow should be much of the same.
Please,Show me, edit your post to delete your last sentence. This is Tulane athletics. Taking anything like that for granted is a death knell. Lamar will probably get 15 hits and score 10 runs now!
Show Me
Riptide

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:49 am

Jaxwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
Took care of business against a bad Lamar team. They were no hit on Sunday by Hofstra. Last 16 innings they have 1 hit. Hopefully Wednesday will bring much of the same.
Please,Show me, edit your post to delete your last sentence. This is Tulane athletics. Taking anything like that for granted is a death knell. Lamar will probably get 15 hits and score 10 runs now!
Consider it done!
winwave
Wild Pelican

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:28 pm

The Wave takes care of business with a 6-2 win in game 2. Solesky settled in and gave a solid performance. Artigues led off with a homer. Spoon continues his hot start. Good job building momentum going into this weekend.