Tulane Sweeps Lamar Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Post Reply
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11924
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:56 pm

We play them Tuesday at 6:30 and Wednesday at 4:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... a65a7.html
Last edited by winwave on Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Find A Way!
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11924
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:13 pm

Find A Way!
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11924
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:40 pm

Find A Way!
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11924
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:36 pm

Tulane takes game 1 with a 7-1 win. True freshman Josh Bates had a great first start. Threw 5 no hit innings. Pellerin, Bjorngjeld and McAffer were good too. Green has good stuff but he has to harness it if he's going to be a contributor. Artigues and Spoon stayed hot at the plate. Johnson and Hoese had multiple hit games too. Good start to the week.
Find A Way!
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2750
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:28 pm

winwave wrote:Tulane takes game 1 with a 7-1 win. True freshman Josh Bates had a great first start. Threw 5 no hit innings. Pellerin, Bjorngjeld and McAffer were good too. Green has good stuff but he has to harness it if he's going to be a contributor. Artigues and Spoon stayed hot at the plate. Johnson and Hoese had multiple hit games too. Good start to the week.
Took care of business against a bad Lamar team. They were no hit on Sunday by Hofstra. Last 16 innings they have 1 hit. Hopefully Wednesday will bring much of the same.
Last edited by Show Me on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11924
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:51 pm

No kidding. Nevertheless our midweek freshman starter came out and pitched well and gained confidence. Lamar has pitched well yet we hit them pretty good. BTW, they also beat a ranked team. But hey if we win the opponent stinks and if we lose they are just a middle of the pack team. :roll:
Find A Way!
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11924
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:52 pm

Find A Way!
Jaxwave
Surge
Posts: 864
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:58 am

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:Tulane takes game 1 with a 7-1 win. True freshman Josh Bates had a great first start. Threw 5 no hit innings. Pellerin, Bjorngjeld and McAffer were good too. Green has good stuff but he has to harness it if he's going to be a contributor. Artigues and Spoon stayed hot at the plate. Johnson and Hoese had multiple hit games too. Good start to the week.
Took care of business against a bad Lamar team. They were no hit on Sunday by Hofstra. Last 16 innings they have 1 hit. Tomorrow should be much of the same.
Please,Show me, edit your post to delete your last sentence. This is Tulane athletics. Taking anything like that for granted is a death knell. Lamar will probably get 15 hits and score 10 runs now!
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2750
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:49 am

Jaxwave wrote:
Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:Tulane takes game 1 with a 7-1 win. True freshman Josh Bates had a great first start. Threw 5 no hit innings. Pellerin, Bjorngjeld and McAffer were good too. Green has good stuff but he has to harness it if he's going to be a contributor. Artigues and Spoon stayed hot at the plate. Johnson and Hoese had multiple hit games too. Good start to the week.
Took care of business against a bad Lamar team. They were no hit on Sunday by Hofstra. Last 16 innings they have 1 hit. Hopefully Wednesday will bring much of the same.
Please,Show me, edit your post to delete your last sentence. This is Tulane athletics. Taking anything like that for granted is a death knell. Lamar will probably get 15 hits and score 10 runs now!
Consider it done!
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11924
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:28 pm

The Wave takes care of business with a 6-2 win in game 2. Solesky settled in and gave a solid performance. Artigues led off with a homer. Spoon continues his hot start. Good job building momentum going into this weekend.
Find A Way!
Post Reply