Ole Miss Sweeps the Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Show Me
Tsunami

Anyone here going up to Oxford this weekend?
I’m thinking about it. Have some relatives about an hour or so away.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:Anyone here going up to Oxford this weekend?
I would go but have a reunion this weekend. I believe a few GB booster club members are going up to represent.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

.obviously we would all like to "take" the Ole Miss series..I personally am not putting too much into these 3 games, I think Tulane is still learning who can do what and this team will be far different, for better or worse, 4 weeks from now ...if this series was in late March, I would view it differently...the second week end of the season, is like the toy in a box of Cracker Jacks, ya never know what ya gettin'
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
TURVS71
Swell

I’ll probably be there . Weather looking like a washout Friday and Saturday.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Ruski
Swell

Ole Miss won the Tiger battle last night 8-6 against Memphis, now 4-0. Any wins we can get against them will be quality.
capwave
High Tide

Massey to start Saturday! Anyone hear if there is any chance to move up game time on Friday?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Happy for Ross. I think most if not all of us felt they'd make that change after the way he pitched last weekend.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave
Swell

Show Me wrote:Anyone here going up to Oxford this weekend?
I will be going with 2 other Tulane fans and we will be hosted by our great friend from Houma, an Ole Miss alumnus. We go annually and I have to usually withstand an Ole Miss-LSU series, but my pal chose the Tulane series this year. Hope we can get in the Friday and Saturday games.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

capwave wrote:Massey to start Saturday! Anyone hear if there is any chance to move up game time on Friday?
No word yet on time changes. Really hope it doesn't get as bad as they say.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Rowland hit a home run in the first inning. First earned run off an Ole Miss weekend starter. Roper had another rough first. threw it into . Hit a batter and a WP led to one run. He wasn't helped by Johnson behind the plate who threw it into center on a SB. Down 2-1 after 2. Good news is their pitcher threw 42 pitches in the first two innings.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:Rowland hit a home run in the first inning. First earned run off an Ole Miss weekend starter. Roper had another rough first. threw it into . Hit a batter and a WP led to one run. He wasn't helped by Johnson behind the plate who threw it into center on a SB. Down 2-1 after 2. Good news is their pitcher threw 42 pitches in the first two innings.
Maybe an hour or so rain delay can end his day
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Down 2-1 in the bottom of the 5th with two outs and the game is delayed by rain. If they can't continue it will be concluded tomorrow as agreed to by the coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Game to resume tomorrow at noon. Second game to follow 45 mins later weather permitting.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Where's the Busch / Chaquita Challenge when ya need it !!!! ...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
TURVS71
Swell

Will be heading back to stadium in about an hour. Rain came at a bad time as your pitching was good . Ole Miss has only 1 hit up to the bottom of the 5th.
TURVS71
Swell

Weather update: Tornado watch all afternoon. Above average chances for severe weather so we will see if the games get completed.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Players are on Swayze Field as I post...10am. No rain currently, but spotty pockets of rain around us.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

5-4 Rebs take game one. Bad base running cost the Wave a chance at a tie. Rowland two Hrs.
Tulane Class of 1981
capwave
High Tide

Game 1 was ok. We had our chances. Game 2 is a train wreck. I have never seen so many back to back wild pitches in a inning. Pathetic!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

capwave wrote:Game 1 was ok. We had our chances. Game 2 is a train wreck. I have never seen so many back to back wild pitches in a inning. Pathetic!
Plus we had 3 gloved balls that turned into hits and runs. Could have easily been 3 outs.
7-1 Rebs up Bot 6th no outs.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
capwave wrote:Game 1 was ok. We had our chances. Game 2 is a train wreck. I have never seen so many back to back wild pitches in a inning. Pathetic!
Plus we had 3 gloved balls that turned into hits and runs. Could have easily been 3 outs.
7-1 Rebs up Bot 6th no outs.
Yeah. That was really bad. Turned into the inning from hell.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Honestly I didn’t expect much this weekend. I was hoping for one win which we may still get on Sunday. However we have played poorly in all phases. Hopefully this game 2 is just an aberration.
Rebs get series win after game two. Final 9-1.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

[/ quote]
Plus we had 3 gloved balls that turned into hits and runs. Could have easily been 3 outs.[/quote]

We weren’t going to win the 2nd game, but we gave us no chance without some defensive support...plays that have to be made if we’re going to turn this season into a winner. On another note, the Ole Miss fans are great and thanked us for not being LS&You.