Wave hangs tough but loses to Wichita State 93-86

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

We all knew this would be ugly - opening line Wichita State 21 pts. > Wave (Rotation nos. 731-732 for Vegas Sheet).

O/U 156.5 pts.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-bas ... las-vegas/
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game is at 6:30 on CBSSN, ch. 1315 locally:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/2/ ... state.aspx
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:The game is at 6:30 on CBSSN, ch. 1315 locally:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/2/ ... state.aspx
thank the good lord for the Olympics, reruns of Chip and JoJo revamping houses, and the latest on Oak Island...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
rollinggreen
High Tide

Let's see. WSU by 35 and UCONN by 80 0ver the women. WSU 95 Washout 60. Uconn 120 Women puddle 40. Just for fun!
Houma de Wave
Swell

Pre-game is on and CBS is struggling to mention the word “Tulane.” Oops, just did and used the word Tulane in the same sentence as mismatch.
JerseyWave
Riptide

So overmatched in this game. Dunleavy has to step it up recruiting. We need a quality big man and a point guard. No more projects. Ajang is so raw. I’m not buying that Frazier is a first round draft pick either.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We hung for a good while and then WSU took over . Cornish is a turnover machine.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The Wave is trying to make a game of it. We had it down to 5 and WSU missed. Once again we have two players collide for the ball and it goes out of bounds and they then hit a 3. They got up by 10 and we cut it to 6. Now down 70-59 with 8:24 left.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

After some back and forth Embo and Reynolds hit 3's . Down 73-67 with 6:43 left.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Still battling. Down 85-78 with 2:08 left.
Pepper
Swell

JerseyWave wrote:So overmatched in this game. Dunleavy has to step it up recruiting. We need a quality big man and a point guard. No more projects. Ajang is so raw. I’m not buying that Frazier is a first round draft pick either.
Step up recruiting? What's your selling points? We play in a high school gym, locker room looks like city park stadium, poor college fan atmosphere and non-friendly athletic majors. Dunleavy has done a really good job with all those hurdles.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The Wave loses 93-87. We had our chances but just couldn't pull it out. Too many times they missed multiple shots but our lack of rebounding would allow them to get it again and score. Daniels did well in the first half. Frazier got hot late. Sehic really hustled and battled underneath on the offensive end.
Houma de Wave
Swell

winwave wrote:The Wave loses 93-87. We had our chances but just couldn't pull it out. Too many times they missed multiple shots but our lack of rebounding would allow them to get it again and score. Daniels did well in the first half. Frazier got hot late. Sehic really hustled and battled underneath on the offensive end.
All good points, Win. I thought it was interesting when CBS initially went to Gregg Marshall wired up and he told his team, “They think they can play with us.” Dunleavy is a good coach and a much better coach for all the kraap he gets on here.
Jaxwave
Swell

Great effort. Just not enough talent to defend and rebound in crunch time all year. Too easy for opponents to penetrate and get to basket.
puffy
Surge

Great 2nd half effort by the Wave. If Frazier and Reynolds could've gotten on track in the first half, the game might still be going on.

My opinion of the freshmen is different than some others here. I think Ajang will eventually become a real contributor by next season. He's big, long and not a stiff. He has to learn how to play without fouling, and that will come with time. Daniels had a tough game but we know he's going to be a lead guy sooner rather than later..

I would like to see what this team could be next season with Frazier the #1 guy, but he's shooting up everyone's draft boards. He's likely to be the first early NBA draft entrant from Tulane in it's history.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

swampnik
Surge

Toe to Toe with an elite NCAA team at their house and out played them (thank you 2nd half), according to the box stats. TU may make an AAC tourney run yet!
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:So overmatched in this game. Dunleavy has to step it up recruiting. We need a quality big man and a point guard. No more projects. Ajang is so raw. I’m not buying that Frazier is a first round draft pick either.
Step up recruiting? What's your selling points? We play in a high school gym, locker room looks like city park stadium, poor college fan atmosphere and non-friendly athletic majors. Dunleavy has done a really good job with all those hurdles.
And every broadcast the announcers talk about a highly ranked recruiting class coming in. I don't know much about basketball recruiting other than what I read here, so I really don't know. I do know that this team is a whole lot better than last years team, and that Dunleavy can teach. Last nights game would have been a blowout as our Wave under Conroy (and previous coaches this century) would have folded the tents down 12 in the first half. We don't win enough for any of us, but this team is more fun to watch than Tulane basketball has been in a long time.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

For the most part the team plays to the level of its competition. Frazier looked healthy and that was a big reason we stayed close.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981