Baseball Website

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

Maybe i'm missing something, i'm not one to complain...... but we've played 3 games and the stats haven't been updated still showing 2017 stats. Cmon guys, should update after every game. Can someone let me know who i need to talk to about this? I just want to see some stats without having to click on each box score and add them up in my head.

Then the other day i'm trying to show my buddies the beautiful GFATS stadium, so we were all at my computer and I click on the facilities and the link is broken, no photos. Not lying. Wonder where the recruits see it at?

Then the other day i was wanting to look at the media guide and see some records etc and there is no media guide anymore to even look at and see who is winning the team awards at the end of the year. noone is probably even keeping up with this anymore. sad. Then add in the roster doesn't have L/R and simple baseball info. The whole site is bad, scratch that awful.

There is not one link that is correct on the site it seems like. I'd like to email and call the person in charge of this but i do not know who that is, i do not want to bug Troy Dannen about stats not being updated but i'm getting close. Can someone please help me in my endeavor!! Ha

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RollWaveRoll wrote:Maybe i'm missing something, i'm not one to complain...... but we've played 3 games and the stats haven't been updated still showing 2017 stats. Cmon guys, should update after every game. Can someone let me know who i need to talk to about this? I just want to see some stats without having to click on each box score and add them up in my head.

Then the other day i'm trying to show my buddies the beautiful GFATS stadium, so we were all at my computer and I click on the facilities and the link is broken, no photos. Not lying. Wonder where the recruits see it at?

Then the other day i was wanting to look at the media guide and see some records etc and there is no media guide anymore to even look at and see who is winning the team awards at the end of the year. noone is probably even keeping up with this anymore. sad. Then add in the roster doesn't have L/R and simple baseball info. The whole site is bad, scratch that awful.

There is not one link that is correct on the site it seems like. I'd like to email and call the person in charge of this but i do not know who that is, i do not want to bug Troy Dannen about stats not being updated but i'm getting close. Can someone please help me in my endeavor!! Ha
I asked Coach about this the other day. I was told it’s updated by our SID. Which we currently don’t have one. SID is a one person job. No one has filled in from what I can see.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
chain gang x man
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
RollWaveRoll wrote:Maybe i'm missing something, i'm not one to complain...... but we've played 3 games and the stats haven't been updated still showing 2017 stats. Cmon guys, should update after every game. Can someone let me know who i need to talk to about this? I just want to see some stats without having to click on each box score and add them up in my head.

I asked Coach about this the other day. I was told it’s updated by our SID. Which we currently don’t have one. SID is a one person job. No one has filled in from what I can see.
We need to get Curtis Akey back
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote: We need to get Curtis Akey back
A no brainer slam dunk hire there. No one better qualified in the country. He’d probably have to take a pay cut though. :oops:
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

No matter if we fill the slot or not, we need to have someone with a pulse in the Athletics Department delegate these tasks until the position is filled. Not doing it is ignoring a basic responsibility. C'mon, Troy GET IT DONE.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No excuse whatsoever for this. The team is off to a good start and there is interest and people are going to go to the site to check things out and be very disappointed. Once again Tulane is its own worst enemy.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Houma de Wave
Swell

If I’m correct, Gozzo is our leading hitter after 3 games at .444.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Note to the scoreboard operator. During an inning you don’t put the run in the inning box until after the inning is complete. You only put it in the total box. Otherwise it looks like that inning is complete. Was very confusing to watch the scoreboard yesterday. Also there was a mixup of balls and strikes that lasted around three pitches before it was corrected. Not sure who was the official scorer either. They gave Gozzo a hit when an error was committed by WSU in the 3rd. The ump signaled that the throw from their 2nd baseman pulled their 1st baseman off the base which would indicate a throwing error. However it was scored a hit.
Tulane Class of 1981
chain gang x man
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Note to the scoreboard operator. During an inning you don’t put the run in the inning box until after the inning is complete. You only put it in the total box. Otherwise it looks like that inning is complete. Was very confusing to watch the scoreboard yesterday. Also there was a mixup of balls and strikes that lasted around three pitches before it was corrected. Not sure who was the official scorer either. They gave Gozzo a hit when an error was committed by WSU in the 3rd. The ump signaled that the throw from their 2nd baseman pulled their 1st baseman off the base which would indicate a throwing error. However it was scored a hit.
I don’t know if they corrected it yesterday but Saturday the scoreboard had Ty Johnson as # 20 he is #24
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Note to the scoreboard operator. During an inning you don’t put the run in the inning box until after the inning is complete. You only put it in the total box. Otherwise it looks like that inning is complete. Was very confusing to watch the scoreboard yesterday. Also there was a mixup of balls and strikes that lasted around three pitches before it was corrected. Not sure who was the official scorer either. They gave Gozzo a hit when an error was committed by WSU in the 3rd. The ump signaled that the throw from their 2nd baseman pulled their 1st baseman off the base which would indicate a throwing error. However it was scored a hit.
I don’t know if they corrected it yesterday but Saturday the scoreboard had Ty Johnson as # 20 he is #24
Didn’t notice if it was corrected.
Tulane Class of 1981
BC Wave
Swell

DILLY DILLY!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Speaking of the scoreboard they still need to change the way the inning numbers are in between the two teams rather than on top.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:Speaking of the scoreboard they still need to change the way the inning numbers are in between the two teams rather than on top.
Yes. For sure.
Tulane Class of 1981
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

Stats are updated on the site. Thanks to whoever helped with this. Facility pictures are not and probably will never be.

Side note, i saw someone on here say they gave Gozzo a hit when it was an error this weekend...Interesting because i just saw this tweet from a wright state fan:

Mike Van Horn‏
@GreenWaveBSB The wrong Wright State pitcher was given the loss yesterday. Disappointing to see that D-1 scorekeepers get something that is so basic so wrong. More common than it should be.

I haven't verified to see if we gave the wrong pitcher the loss but still interesting nonetheless.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RollWaveRoll wrote:Stats are updated on the site. Thanks to whoever helped with this. Facility pictures are not and probably will never be.

Side note, i saw someone on here say they gave Gozzo a hit when it was an error this weekend...Interesting because i just saw this tweet from a wright state fan:

Mike Van Horn‏
@GreenWaveBSB The wrong Wright State pitcher was given the loss yesterday. Disappointing to see that D-1 scorekeepers get something that is so basic so wrong. More common than it should be.

I haven't verified to see if we gave the wrong pitcher the loss but still interesting nonetheless.
That was me pointing out the error. The ump specifically gave the both hands wave signal that the 1st baseman was pulled off the base from the wild throw. Both those need to be corrected. That’s really embarrassing.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We all were wondering about the hit too. The only thing I can think of is that the scorekeeper felt he would have beat the throw anyway. Certainly a questionable decision. Let us know when you all find about the pitcher issue.
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

Historically our staticians were always true and some of the best in the entire country.