Memphis Game 2 Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

FT Failures:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/sports/tulane/

The game is at 2 on ESPNU.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane favored by 1 1/2.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jaxwave
Swell

Is Memphis that bad?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Apparently so. They did just beat SMU but SMU has some key guys out right now.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Say this aloud in your Jim Mora voice and it is the way that I feel:

Playoffs? Don't talk about - playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game!...
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Another disappointing loss. This is not a good Memphis team. We had a good crowd and were favored. Not acceptable.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We're the team that cannot shoot straight right now.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I noticed that the Sound Wave was wearing Tulane hockey style jerseys. I need one! As a Founding Father of the Tulane Ice Hockey Club, I need to find one to replace the nearly 40 year old Tulane Hockey jersey I have. I also noticed a bunch of fans (including one that might have been TPS) wearing t-shirts that the whole shirt is the Angry Wave (rather than having a shirt with an Angry Wave on it.) Are those for sale in the bookstore?
GreenLantern
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:I noticed that the Sound Wave was wearing Tulane hockey style jerseys. I need one! As a Founding Father of the Tulane Ice Hockey Club, I need to find one to replace the nearly 40 year old Tulane Hockey jersey I have. I also noticed a bunch of fans (including one that might have been TPS) wearing t-shirts that the whole shirt is the Angry Wave (rather than having a shirt with an Angry Wave on it.) Are those for sale in the bookstore?
The tee was the giveaway for this game. I haven't seen them in the bookstore but this is the second time this season that this shirt was given to fans.
Ruski
Swell

Just watched the highlights/replay. One thing I like about this frustrating season is that Dunleavy can coach and keep kids playing tough at the end of the game. We've had countless games where we make runs in the waning minutes.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:We're the team that cannot shoot straight right now.
We also still can't attack a zone defense, hence all the errant long bomb shots. We also can't get defensive rebounds because nobody on the team even attempts to block out. Lastly, we clearly prefer to play man-to-man defense, but don't have the talent to keep our opposition from slicing and dicing their way to the basket. This team plays the way an NBA team would play, only we don't have the talent for that. Maybe Dunleavy is committed to the NBA style of basketball in hopes that it will help him recruit the kind of talent he'll need to successfully play in this fashion. In the meantime, all our opponents have figured out what they need to do to beat us--zone defense, attack the lane on offense, and crash the offensive boards.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote:
DfromCT wrote:We're the team that cannot shoot straight right now.
We also still can't attack a zone defense, hence all the errant long bomb shots. We also can't get defensive rebounds because nobody on the team even attempts to block out. Lastly, we clearly prefer to play man-to-man defense, but don't have the talent to keep our opposition from slicing and dicing their way to the basket. This team plays the way an NBA team would play, only we don't have the talent for that. Maybe Dunleavy is committed to the NBA style of basketball in hopes that it will help him recruit the kind of talent he'll need to successfully play in this fashion. In the meantime, all our opponents have figured out what they need to do to beat us--zone defense, attack the lane on offense, and crash the offensive boards.
Yeah, and as I said early on, when we make our shots we can compete with any team in this conference. When we miss, we struggle. We play NBA style offense and defense. Should help recruiting. Keep in mind, not only did we shoot well from the field earlier in the year, but we made 19 of 20 F/T's in our upset of Temple. Had we been close to that percentage in other conference games, we'd be looking at .500 in conference. It's easy to figure out the outcome of most of our games based upon the first 10 minutes. When we were consistently shooting 40%+ from the field we were winning. Those were the days for this team.