Tulane Sweeps Wright State Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Here we go. This is gonna be like a box of chocolates:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/2/ ... riday.aspx
Last edited by winwave on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Their starter opening night put up some damned good numbers last year:
RHP Ryan Weiss, So. | 8-1, 2.13 ERA, 15 APP, 14 GS, 88.2 IP, 78 H, 21 ER, 80 K, 20 BB
That's a WHIP of 1.105, outstanding for a college pitcher.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Their number two had pretty good numbers too. Good test for the line-up. We play a good schedule which is what fans want. We don’t know much now about this team but we should find out pretty quickly.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320
Green Wave

Wave wins the opener, 4-3.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Not picture perfect but we get the win. Roper struggled the first two innings but kept the damage to a minimum.He settled in after that and went 5. Pellerin and McAffer can bring it. Hopefully they get a little more control. Acy Owen got his first home run in a Green Wave uniform. Nice night at the park.
Last edited by winwave on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Houma de Wave
Swell

The first impression of this ball club is good. Although Wright State can say the same, we hit shots right at people. Our best hitter K’d with the bases loaded and cleanup hitter Trevor Jensen got robbed of a bases loaded double by a great catch by their left fielder. Our young pitchers worked out of several jams including Roper in the first inning when Wright State had the bases stacked with 1 out. Remember: You can’t win ‘EM all if you don’t win the first one.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Congrats! Good win!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave
Swell

Wave wins it in the 10th on an Acy Owen walkoff double. Kobi Owen scores the winning run. We’re 2-0 and going for the sweep!!! ROSS MASSEY gets the win after pitching 3 solid innings!
Wave755
Tsunami

Houma de Wave wrote:Wave wins it in the 10th on an Acy Owen walkoff double. Kobi Owen scores the winning run. We’re 2-0 and going for the sweep!!! ROSS MASSEY gets the win after pitching 3 solid innings!
:fastclap:, and by the way, our illegitimate country cousins upriver in Baton Rouge lost to ND this evening 10 to 5.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Another good night at the park. As Houma said we got three great innings out of Ross. He came in and immediately gave up a walk. He then got 9 straight outs. In TJ's appearance on PTS a week before the season when asked about Ross he said he looked like freshman Ross. The way he said it didn't seem convincing. Then throw in several different people saying that they had been to practice and that he looked better but not like his freshman year and I didn't expect much. Fact is he actually ended up looking even better than his freshman year. Hopefully that holds.

Acy Owen was clutch again. Kobi Owen made a sensational catch in right. We've won the series and hopefully we get the sweep tomorrow. The game has been moved up to 12:30 b/c of WSU's travel plans.
swampnik
Surge

Love this Jewett quote (a great endorsement on how this year will be quite different than last if it holds true): "I just like this group and our dugout. It's calm. It's cool. It's collected. It's spirited. It is understanding that we are all in this together," Jewett said. "We are just talking about winning our pitches. We get down 5-2 in the seventh, but we are just playing our pitches until the umpire says the game is over. The kids just have that mentality going right now and if we can maintain that it will take us a long way." (official TU site)
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
chain gang x man
Swell

winwave wrote:Another good night at the park. As Houma said we got three great innings out of Ross. He came in and immediately gave up a walk. He then got 9 straight outs. In TJ's appearance on PTS a week before the season when asked about Ross he said he looked like freshman Ross. The way he said it didn't seem convincing. Then throw in several different people saying that they had been to practice and that he looked better but not like his freshman year and I didn't expect much. Fact is he actually ended up looking even better than his freshman year. Hopefully that holds.

Acy Owen was clutch again. Kobi Owen made a sensational catch in right. We've won the series and hopefully we get the sweep tomorrow. The game has been moved up to 12:30 b/c of WSU's travel plans.
When Ross was warming up I sent a text to a friend that Ross was pitching with good velocity and hitting the spots
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Great start to the season with a walk-off double getting us a series win. A sweep today would be even better. Two great baseball games. Both teams evenly matched. With the huge roster turnover it was hard to gauge this squad. I like what I see so far. Timely hitting, good defense and pitching will win you a lot of games. One area of improvement I noticed: We strikeout far less and put the ball in play. Question marks: Our bench (pinch hitting), our base stealing, and our pitchers on holding runners and getting the ball to home quicker. WS was able to steal at will all weekend until Ross Massey came to the mound. By the way I was given a heads up that he had great velocity in the pen. (text rec’d lol).
I’m looking forward to wearing a sweep shirt so soon in the season and coming out to the ballpark today. Baseball is fun again.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
capwave
High Tide

That was a lot of fun. This team is way more athletic than we have been in quite a while. I dont know how far this team can go, but there is definitely no quit in them. In the future we have to take advantage of bases loaded with no outs situations. Even if it is for only 1 run. Also our DH has to produce something. MR did have 2 very important walks in this series, but he also has had some ugly AB's. I am more excited about what I saw from Ross Massey than I am with the win. He was not just good, he was dominant. And he was getting squeezed by the ump the entire time. I hope that form holds up. But it sure is fun again.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Question marks: Our bench (pinch hitting), our base stealing, and our pitchers on holding runners and getting the ball to home quicker. WS was able to steal at will all weekend until Ross Massey came to the mound.
Wright State did get 2 SB’s, but the message was sent early on whe Solesky picked off Weatherford. Our young pitchers still have to work on holding runners a bit tighter as you pointed out.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I should have noted the performance by Ryan Green also. In the fall he was the one Jewett said would be the closer. Then in preseason interviews he would mention a lot of pitchers but never mentioned Green. I wondered if he'd been hurt. Then he came in last night and looked really good. It was a short outing but his stuff was outstanding.

The fact is WSU only got two steals Friday and two last night. Like Houma said it ended when Solesky came in. Clearly our starter wasn't holding anyone on. The staff will either get that worked out or he won't be in the rotation anymore. Especially after Ross' performance.

As noted we are striking out a lot less and just as importantly we are walking opposing hitters a lot less.
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave sweeps Wright State winning today 11-5 at Turchin; ND takes series at B.R. defeating LSU 11-3. :)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote:Wave sweeps Wright State winning today 11-5 at Turchin; ND takes series at B.R. defeating LSU 11-3. :)
Sounds like all is well in Mudville!

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:
Wave755 wrote:Wave sweeps Wright State winning today 11-5 at Turchin; ND takes series at B.R. defeating LSU 11-3. :)
Sounds like all is well in Mudville!

ROLL WAVE!
A wonderful first weekend of baseball indeed! :D

Roll Wave Roll!
Bigschtick
Riptide

Great effort . Congrats
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Well played games all weekend. We only made two E’s and both by pitchers on pickoff attempts.
I believe last year it took a few weeks just to win 3 games. Great start to the season. A tough weekend ahead in Oxford.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

I never thought I’d be heading to Oxford to see a 3-0 team take on the Rebels. Now I’m really looking forward to the trip. We just keep coming back. Hope this continues!