ECU humiliates Tulane 82-80

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
anEngineer
Riptide

Show Me wrote:
swampnik wrote:Williams of ECU shooting light ou and Frzazier with limited minutes or did not play (could not watch or listen to game), was the tale of the tape. Hope th teams can bring it to the Tigers this Sunday.
Williams was hot but most of his shots were open looks. Frazier still playing less than 100%. If USF wasn’t so so bad we’d be in last place. We’ve lost our way. What was looking like a potential good season has turned into another disaster. The team looks like they mailed it in.
Saying most of Williams' shots were open looks is a little unfair. On one of the 3's he was fouled and it still went in. Several others were from 25 feet. Nobody is going to be chesting up out there. I don't think Williams even hit the rim on any of the 3's; it was incredible (90% from the field and 100% from the line). The disparity of 3's and free throws was more than the difference in the game. The defense was good enough to win. The offense worked to get good shots but just didn't make them. Cornish put up an open 3 that missed the basket by a foot. Reynolds is trying to shoot his way out of the slump and, as you state, Frazier is just not healthy.

With the level of talent on this team, they need 85%-90% performance to win and the other team needs to make a few mistakes. When that doesn't happen, like last night, it's going to be a problem. Before the season started, I heard Dunleavy say several times that he hoped to win about 15 games with this team. His assessment seems pretty accurate.

netshorty
Surge

Have you guys thought about maybe MD is installing a similar strategy as last year? Making the season all about the conference tournament and thus not showing our hand by limiting our play book and making it seem like we can't attack a zone. Not playing any defense so teams just game plan to take it to the hoop? Taking a few games off to rest the players? Making others over-confident so we can swoop in and make a surprise run to the NCAA. And then BAM, we flip the switch and we're in...
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote:
Show Me wrote:
swampnik wrote:Williams of ECU shooting light ou and Frzazier with limited minutes or did not play (could not watch or listen to game), was the tale of the tape. Hope th teams can bring it to the Tigers this Sunday.
Williams was hot but most of his shots were open looks. Frazier still playing less than 100%. If USF wasn’t so so bad we’d be in last place. We’ve lost our way. What was looking like a potential good season has turned into another disaster. The team looks like they mailed it in.
Saying most of Williams' shots were open looks is a little unfair. On one of the 3's he was fouled and it still went in. Several others were from 25 feet. Nobody is going to be chesting up out there. I don't think Williams even hit the rim on any of the 3's; it was incredible (90% from the field and 100% from the line). The disparity of 3's and free throws was more than the difference in the game. The defense was good enough to win. The offense worked to get good shots but just didn't make them. Cornish put up an open 3 that missed the basket by a foot. Reynolds is trying to shoot his way out of the slump and, as you state, Frazier is just not healthy.

With the level of talent on this team, they need 85%-90% performance to win and the other team needs to make a few mistakes. When that doesn't happen, like last night, it's going to be a problem. Before the season started, I heard Dunleavy say several times that he hoped to win about 15 games with this team. His assessment seems pretty accurate.
I wonder what he hopes for next year. I doubt we win more games next year losing our top two scorers and best players in Frazier and Reynolds.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981